Why do Catholics make such better kino than Protestants?

Why do Catholics make such better kino than Protestants?

It bored the fuck out of me.
His brothers a better director

Because protestants are vulgar philistines

>muh Catholic v. Protestants wedge drive

Obvious shill tactic is obvious

Unlike this fine Catholic kino, which proudly features interracial cuckoldry, gay prostitution, and pedophilia

Hell yeah, much more interesting than some sentimental bullshit about accepting Jeebus into your heart.

>muh I'm too boring and cowardly to have strong opinions
>muh

Obvious mental midget is obvious

has anyone seen Silence? how is it?

7.5/10

Definitely worth a watch, especially if you're Catholic

>2017
>being religious
shiggy

because protestants are Christians that act like jews

Catholics are committed to their religion.

As a non-religious person who knows fuck all about theology, it seems like catholics are more focused on god and on serving him, actually contemplating on their faith and their relationship with god, while protestans (the american kind at least) seem to focus on ramming their moral lessons down your throat.

catholics are more than happy to ram their beliefs down people's throats in catholic countries

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I went to a Catholic High School where most of the teachers were Christian Brothers. We had World Religion and philosophy classes (something protestant schools would completely reject). Generally speaking, Catholics are much more cerebral, and like you said, much less likely to focus on shoving their morality down your throat. Protestants tend to focus on the sappy nonsense about Jesus and praising his name and all that bullshit, whereas Catholics tend to focus more on suffering and existential stuff.

It's funny, many of the Christian Brothers were basically loud and proud giga-faggots.

I don't give a shit about that. I don't live in a catholic country.

I live in a catholic country and the only people that shove religion in my face are the faggot mormons and jehovas witnesses

In that same vein, protestants seem like they take their faith more seriously. I'm not Catholic so I don't know what they're taught per say, but growing up my catholic friends were more likely to drink, swear, etc. While the protestants always shunned those activities.

It's not he same as protestants in the US... not even close.

>in that same vein, protestants seem like they take their faith more seriously
They like to pretend they do. They're like republicans, in that they like to believe they're the only true patriots.

Protestants and Evangelicals are easily the most judgemental Christians in the US. They tend to have a very superficial knowledge of theology and philosophy.

Catholicism isn’t very strict, no. At least in my experience.

Every Catholic from Italians, Hispanics, Irish to Filipinos love to drink.

LIEVER TURK DAAN PAAPS, FILTHY PAPISTS

wtf is wrong with drinking and swearing?
your proddy friends are fags

>Protestants

>Catholics
imagine being this much of a good goy

Protestants worship God. Catholics worship the pope and the church.

>They tend to have a very superficial knowledge of theology and philosophy.

I agree, but that makes me believe they have more faith in God. Why should a Christian care about other philosophy and works other than the holy word? Catholicism from the outside seems like a vast complicated system, full of ad ons, idols and unnecessary junk. It seems like WORK.

Give a protestant a bible and he is good to go. Almost like they're more connected with their God spiritually.

>In that same vein, protestants seem like they take their faith more seriously
Yeah, but that's just it. It never seems like it's about their faith. I'm not really sure how to say it, it's like they don't care about god and all that, and how they themselves are as christians, it's always more about "what you're doing is wrong and evil, and you should be more like me, you degenerate. I'm perfect and right and virtous".

your popery disgusts me

The Tree of Life is protestant kino

I definitely agree with that. Anyone who comes at you with an attitude like that is wrong and misguided. I think they can share their faith in a way that is more receiving.

How long until Narcos makes episodes about the Knights of Templar?

>I agree, but that makes me believe they have more faith in God
They just have a more nuanced view on what God might be.

I know exactly what you're saying tho. Protestants take the Bible more literally, and so their belief in God tends to fit the Bible more precisely.

My mom's side of the family is 100% protestant, and they regularly say shit like "have you accepted Jesus into your heart?" and "secular philosophy will allow the Devil to take hold". My Dad's side is 100% Catholic and religion is barely discussed--my Dad's mom (mass every sunday) has said things like "how the hell do I know if I'm right? It's what I believe".

You're absolutely right. And this simplified view of worship is what tends to make their culture dismiss the arts, classical philosophy. and the value of having a more naunced worldview.

I'd like to be as cool a person as your grandmother.

Lol

Man, that's embarrassing

Don't forget the Poles.

every religion has low iq literalists and high iq spiritualists

even fucking Buddhism has torch wielding mobs

based any reason you only used current american films and used more than half old euro films?

B/c the Catholic God is vengeful and punishing, while the protestant God tolerates immorality and is all about forgiveness.

Catholic is kino.

Because fable based nonsense is more interesting than anything remotely practical.

Catholics are one of two groups. The Leadership class of priests and the dull peasants that are stupid enough to revere them.

This is the oldschool GOP model. of Leader Follower dynamic.

Why do Catholics tolerate pedophilia and decadent extravagance in its church while Protestants live a simple life closer to God?

protestantism is the youtube of religion

He could have added Silence or The Last Temptation of Christ or The Tree of Life, but then it wouldn't have been as funny.

Why isn't there a protestcuck tv show even half as kino as The Young Pope?

It's almost like the Catholic church was the preserver of Western knowledge for a thousand years during the middle ages, and was like really, really important, while any faggot "preacher" can claim that god told him to speak in tongues or whatever you fags and your rock bands do

>American Christians
exist
>European Christians
don't

tbf this masterpiece is full of christian imagery and is directed by a Korean protestant.

forgot pic

>while Protestants live a simple life closer to God?
What does that even mean? If "closer to God" means watching Fox news 24/7 and voting for Donald Trump and constantly talking about the sodomites and various other "degenerates", then yeah, I guess they do.

>but megachurches in america are fine

back to Sup Forums

But the Vatican's worth comes from the paintings, architecture and the like. And if someone is willing to buy the Vatican, why dont they donate that money? To Hell with liberal Jews.

wat?

Nice strawman. Also any response or are you ok with most of your clergy being homosexual?

I don't care, brainlet. I am not here to argue about fairy tales and their canon.

Woodlawn with Jon Voight is pretty kino

It's true, they destroyed thousands of priceless works of art during the first century after the protestant reformation.

I think part of the point is that the vatican church is an organization dedicated to the betterment of all human life and the salvation of their etarnal soul, while some random private art collector is just some random private art collector.

>tips

>B/c the Catholic God is vengeful and punishing
Actually the Catholic God is loving and merciful. He’s also just which may seem punishing.

this was meh. Apart from the priest. All the characters felt one dimension and utterly dislikeable. Was like a mild League of Gentlemen

All the art and architecture in the Vatican actually belongs to Italy as part of Italian history. The Vatican is not allowed to sell it and if it tried to everything is listed as $1. This is also to deter thieves.

This: I couldn't care less what consenting adults do with their genitals. As far as the cover-ups, it's fucked up, but I'm not Catholic. I'm not religious.

Does Dan Brown trilogy fits definition of christian movie?

please tell me more about Christianity then Mr. Hell Bound Fedora Tipper

No. And it's like 5 books now isn't it? Saw the last one got absolutely hammered by critics.