SHELF/RECENT PURCHASE GENERAL

Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, and news about new comics.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
archonia.com/comicshop/en/ (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

Thread question: Are you guys okay with your awesome shelves being used as a OP pic for these threads?

Last thread's shelf had its owner complain about it so I want to be sure you guys are okay with it and no I don't claim ownership of anyones shelf, just a way of featuring the Sup Forumsmmunity's shelves.

Previous thread

Bump

Mainly got Avengers Academy because I found it for 3 bucks, I hope it will be slightly enjoyable at least.

I've been buying fuck all and it's getting to me. Nothing but my pulls for about a month.

Probably have a problem when I want to buy things just for the sake of buying them.

Wicked and the divine sounded cool but it disappointed me real bad, man. I read the first 2 volumes and couldn't continue. Something about how the characters act, how the story progressed just seemed so stiff or lackluster or fake or something and I ain't talking about the art. Maybe I'm too groggy but that's the best way I can explain it. The writing sucked, basically.

free thanks to ebay bucks

also free thanks to ebay bucks program

slight fold on the corner though

bought these solely for the bookplate.

i'm going to sell the tpb's and get my purchase price back.

What was the deal here? Why did the trades come with a bookplate?

I need a new bookshelf. A good one is hard to find. Mine are cheap. The shelves are bowing. I'm running out of room.

the dude got it with issue one. i missed out since my shop didn't get them. also if you bought them from hurtt's website they came with a different bookplate which i also have. and then there is the challenger ex libris book plate which i have. i have everything sixth gun.

Shit guy, that's brand dedication if ever I've seen it. I've been considering picking up the Gunslinger editions.

they look impressive.
if you want to read the series get the tpb's.

Already read the whole series. Trying to decide if I'm really going to want to read it again and again. My local library has all the tpb's.

Yeah? I'm on issue 10 now, and liked it a lot so far. Gillen seems to try to be hip too hard sometimes, but it works well considering the setting, and I think the characters all have their own little personality.

my opinion is incredibly biased but the truth is your gonna want to read this again and make all your friends read it too.because if they don't love the sixth gun then they aren't your friends

You fucks who don't buy floppies are cancer incarnate.

Can't display floppies well on the shelf.

Fuck you. I'm giving comic companies sales they wouldn't otherwise have from me if they didn't offer hardcover collections.

Also, I want to read them in a larger format. Big pages. That's the draw for me.

ebay bucks program? do tell

>he doesn't buy the protective plastic encasings that help make comics shelf friendly

Buy enough shit, you get ebay bucks over time.

Not him, but I got a free Harley Quinn comic book today becausr I had a ton of ebay bucks.

The higher you pay for something with your own money, the more ebay bucks you get to spend later

Never heard about this before and I buy shit from eBay all the time. Is this a US only thing?

Well shit.

To participate in eBay Bucks you need to:
>Be a US resident and have a PayPal account.
Be an eBay member in good standing (with no holds or suspensions).
Purchase a qualifying item (marked with a Bucks icon) and pay with PayPal.

Floppies are the cancer

floppies hold everything back

My only floppies are gwenpool and MLP

How is Hellblazer 6 to 8? I have 1,2,3 and 6 on my shelf, read the 1st 3. Does the new author improve the series?

No.

The latest thing I bought was the 52 omnibus

I'm gonna get the 2nd Sandman omnibus and take a 2 months purchasing break

>tfw too poor to afford a bookshelf for a whole
>tfw all my comics are in a box in my attic
I just wanna display them, dammit

Are walmart or Big Lots' shelves any good?

I liked Jenkins' run when I read the whole Hellblazer series a few years ago.
Great art by Phillips too. I have an original page.

sure if you don't have alot of stuff.
probably maybe 50 lbs or so. total.

don't know about those since I don't live in America. Try 2nd hand stores, ebay, ebay ebay classifieds, craigslist or if there's an IKEA near you or at least in your state, get a pick-up or a van or something (there's bound to be someone you know who you can borrow it from, or combine it with a road trip) to pick some shelves up from them.
Get a BILLY or FINNBY. FINNBY is best quality for price, they're sturdy as fuck and so cheap they must have been produced by 14 year old Cubans but they look a bit thin.
BILLY is just classic cool and very roomy.
KALLAX may look nice (I have one as well) but if you have oversize books (Absolutes) they won't fit height-wise. Not sure about LIATORP, looks like the shelf-rackings are fixed in height so you might end up with the same problem as with the KALLAX ones.

Omega Men trade
Rurouni Kenshin Vizbig volume 6
COPRA round 4
first couple volumes of nausicaa

i've been waiting for my last order of stuff with xmas money to come in to post new stuff.

fucking 3 party amazon sellers, slow as fuuuck

>fucking 3 party amazon sellers, slow as fuuuck
I know that feel.
Also if you're european, don't order at Books Etc. I did that 3 times now, first time was okay (book 2 and 3 of the big Godland editions, which came in a proper box) but 2nd and 3rd time I ordered HCs from them and they arrived just in envelopes and were battered as fuck. I TOLD them beforehand to please use proper padding, like just fucking newsprint or something stuffed into it but first time they told me they "conform to amazon requirements" or some shit and the second time they said "yeah we'll do that". fuck them!
Speedy Hen is cool, they're actually fast as fuck, even to mainland europe.
There are a few other sellers which I ordered from which are all right, but really, Books etc a shit, same as bookdepository. only bad experiences with them.

>first couple volumes of nausicaa
Why didn't you just buy the hardcover edition?

What if you're not into comics that even comes out in floppies. Most adult oriented comics comes out in regular book form and aren't serialized.

Got the first two for Christmas, just ordered the other two. Also have a bid on Dream Logic on eBay.

Also, side note, but why are buyfag thread shitposters always the worst? They pop in and drop one comment for the (you)s which buyfags are always happy to give since we're so insecure and never stay to banter.

those on /vg/ are worse.
>why does this general exist? this game has been dead for [timeframe] why are you still here?

>i have everything sixth gun.
do you have six guns then?

yeah, i'm trying to find someone to make custom handles that look like the ones in the comic though.

dedicated as fuck.

I admire your dedication.

So the series is really good?

I'm honestly asking as the only thing of Bunn's that I've liked was Sinestro.

i like it. it has twists and turns i never saw coming. and i saw the gist of the ending in issue 50 as soon as they revealed the guns would and could change reality if they were brought together. the revelation of the true nature of becky and drake was totally out of left field and totally mind blowing. the mini series fleshing out the pasts of some of the minor characters helped fill in numerous details and generally showed how the world of the sixth gun works.

Just got all 5 volumes of Grayson. On Vol. 4. I think this run is criminally underrated. The paneling and pacing alone make it worth it.

>upside down

Why do Iphones do this.

Christmas haul. New stuff

>not glueing your books upside down into your shelf

also put Eternaut on display somewhere, the cover is just too awesome.

OP or anyone, I want to get the Tintin books in one set. Which is the best to get? Which version do you have and would you recommend it?

There's an older version of OP's set in blue that's legitimately complete, I don't think it's available anymore though. The versions that are being sold now either don't have Congo or don't have Congo/Soviets/Alph-Art so AFAIK none of them have the entire series.

Get them individually if your wallet can handle it. The art suffers from being shrunk down so much

Thanks for flipping that for me and that is why I have it on the end cap, Juan Salvo is always watching.

Look at this plebeian and laugh

don't feed him and be proud of your non-floppy-comics.

Still waiting on a few things also when does Black Science start getting good? Its been a total snooze so far, also recommend stuff.

Turns out op used my shelf pic for the thread.. the ones i have were purchased at wal-mart and hold up well, althoughhhh the only book i have of Omni-weight is Fear Agent and its on the end. But generally theyre a cheap and basic shelf... just look for something around 3-4 feet high, two or three shelves, adjustable pegs for the shelves, etc. theyre not terribly expensive.

Just don't make the mistake i did and if you want more than one get them all at once, i made the mistake of getting my second shelf a year after the first one and the second one was slightly taller, annoys the shit outta me.

Another Goon, and I might finish off Scott Pilgrim if I can find the cash. Trying to avoid starting a new series only for it to go OOP halfway through.

My wishlist far, far exceeds my ability to put a reasonable dent in it.

I pick up 10 books currently and have a ton of floppies... they're just in shortboxes not lined up on my shelf because that would be stupid looking and inconvienent

>Black
>Science
every time

I dunno what to tell you... I like it because its like Lost in Space gone horribly horribly wrong, plus the art kicks ass.

What's wrong with Black Science?

Yeah yeah I know. But I needed some more non big 2 comics to chill out the hipsters here, I figured it would be similar to Quantum Leap

Won't say anything bad about the art. Scalera can draw some sick aliens

These came in the mail two days ago.
megg and mogg in amsterdam was out of stock so i'll have to wait, but they sent the mini comic

it's an oxymoron

>megg and mogg in amsterdam was out of stock so i'll have to wait, but they sent the mini comic

Happened to me, too. Would have waited to order it if the site had said something at the time.

Oh a lazy racist joke. Good job!

I can't say i *really* know what any of that is, but i hope you thoroughly enjoy it, getting new books is always fun

I'm hoping they include Mini Hex with One More Year. I had already purchased the other books when I learned about it.

UP!

Rumbles

New stuff. Yeah I know, Bendis.

Can't beat that Magik tho

>Wasted money on shit I don't like to impress strangers on the internet.
Either you like it or you don't.

1/3

3/3
There's two more popeye books somewhere in the house, and at least one more Barks.

Any advantages of buying Hardcovers as opposed to TPB?

It's just preference.

i didn't know the resurrection of ra's al ghul was morrison - do I need it for the full saga?

Recently bought the Amazing Spider Man omnibus for a good price. Also got Moon Knight From the Dead and Lunatic, but they were fucking damaged in the mail. Fuck Barnes and Noble and their shitty packaging. Im just going to get a refund and swing by the shop for them.
I like hardcovers because Im always afraid of damaging TPBs. But its not that big of a deal either way

Which of the ASM omnis, user?

52 looks like just the kind of thing I want on my shelf
fuck is it about?

It follow several lesser known DC heroes through individual adventures, week by week over the course of year within the DC universe. During the year in question Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are off the grid.
I can't really do it justice, though.
It is very, very good.

Steve/Ditko 1-38. Also not too long ago I got hardcovers of The Gauntlet vols 1-3. Debating if I should get the last 2 and Grim Hunt

the gap between infinite crisis and everything else (every book except 52 had a timeskip directly after IC - 52 is what happens between it).

the main characters are ralph dibney, black adam, booster gold, and the question. each of their stories are self-contained but bleed into each other occasionally (think Seven Soldiers)

The 1st volume showed promise, 2 and 3 bored me but I feel obligated to finish out the series even though its ongoing, anyways I enjoyed most of my shelf including the bendis new avengers because it was before he fully went to shit. I'm just looking to expand my tastes as well so I'll read just about any medium

I read the Ditko book and when I got to the end; I started over and read it again.

It's only partly Morrison. It's somewhat unnecessary and not the greatest story ever or anything, but it's still pretty enjoyable.

Do any of the trades have the digital comics, or are those hardcover exclusive?

It's such a fucking shame about that k6bd trade.

Nice
Will have to pick it up once I finish off multiversity.

Early birthday presnts for myself. Might pick up one or two more things on the weekend

Repostin because I haven't got anything since

>Dredd badge
>No Dredd complete case files

Except for that, awesome little collection you got there.

is time clock the first eotmc thing you read?

How do you like the HC Nailbiter? I have been thinking about picking it up but plan on waiting until the series ends.