Heck yes. New costume debuting in Superman #20

Heck yes. New costume debuting in Superman #20.

This is what I've always wanted but I'm not sure if I like it.

I've never been a trunksfag but the lack of red really does make the whole thing look weird.

Maybe they need to make the bottom half of the suit a slightly darker blue? I've seen that in some redesign threads and it looks pretty good.

Is that supposed to be new?

That wasnt so hard.

Previous one he's been using since Rebirth is this one.

And everything is fine in the world again

They are going to release the solicitations early this month?

>This is what I've always wanted
They gave him a thick belt that suitably breaks up the blue IMO, with a yellow buckle. They also gave the belt angling to match with the top of the red boots. No collar. No cuffs.
Holy shit, I think this might be my favorite Superman costume ever.

SUPERMAN #20
Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON • Art by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY • Cover by PATRICK GLEASON • Variant cover by TONY S. DANIEL
“Superman Black” part one! A “Superman Reborn Aftermath” tie-in! As the smoke clears the Kents are faced with leaving Hamilton to go back to Metropolis, but someone or something doesn’t want them to leave! Batman and Robin discover something is mysteriously wrong with the son of Superman—he’s losing his powers!
On sale APRIL 5 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #977
Written by DAN JURGENS • Art by IAN CHURCHILL • Cover by ANDY KUBERT • Variant cover by GARY FRANK
“Superman Reborn Aftermath” part one! Following the epic struggle against [REDACTED], Superman examines his entire history—the birth of Jon, the marriage of Lois and Clark, their lives at the Daily Planet—to discover who tried to destroy his life. Who is waiting in the shadows? Who is Mr. Oz? All questions the Man of Steel cannot answer alone. It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!
On sale APRIL 12 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T. I hope

I thought they would be out the 23rd, maybe they're coming out the 16th

That's good, I like it.

I like blue shoes on the Super man

His arms(wrists) seem bare but other than that it looks pretty fucking good.

So Superdad merged with Superbro?

Also I actually miss the Kryptonian shield armor from the beginning of New 52

>It is time for him to unite the entire Superman-Family!

>Superman
>Supergirl
>Jon
>Steel (?)
>Superwoman (?)

Those are, right?

Is it time for Supergirl to finally meet Superdad?

Super merge confirmed. The saved the red boots to make Superman blue more blue. Based DC

OH MY GOD YOU FUCKING COCKTEASES JUST GIVE HIM THE FUCKING TRUNKS BACK GODDAMN

5 YEARS OF UNNOTICEABLE CHANGES TO HIS FUCKING BOOTS AND CUFFS LITERALLY YOU BEATING AROUND THE BUSH IN A HALF ASSED ATTEMPT TO MAKE HIM LE COOL GUY

FUCKING ENOUGH

I hope

Lol every six months they're just gonna announce a new costume that inches closer and closer to the original?

Pretty pathetic Jim, just announce that your designs are shit and give the world the real Superman back.

>Kara is now more akin to niece than cousin
>Jon will get with Kara before Damian
lol

Superboy? I already listed him

Looks really nice. Red boots were an obvious change, but the belt is a pleasant surprise

PLEASE.

I miss Linda sadly she is never coming back.

looks pretty close to ideal to me

I like it.

Who are the girls whose faces we can't see? I know Cir-El

But where is best girl?

I guess Tanya Spears?

Traci-13 and Steel's niece who's name I forget.

Oooh Natasha. I'm gonna pretend I knew that

>Still no trunks

Into the garbage it goes.

The trunks aren't coming back, you fucking sperg. Get the fuck over it. Move on.

>Following the epic struggle against [REDACTED]
It's P R I M E, isn't it?

I still thing the belt should be a mix of red and gold, but it's definitely an improvement. glad they got rid of the pointless cuffs, too.

Although, what is up with DC designers and their fascination with weird angled belts?

>he doesn't like belts

>So Superdad merged with Superbro?
Not confirmed yet.

You have shit taste

"Clark" just showed up at Lois's apartment in Metropolis and he's face to face with Jon, so next issue should give us something solid.

People have moved on... from buying superman comics

OOOOOOOOH

Shirtless Jon when?

Like clockwork

>still no trunks
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nostalgiafags BTFO

I'd just make the cuff gold, and give them to the new supes. Gold just really works, man. also

>No Krypto

Start asking after about a dozen issues of Super Sons.

I mean it's long overdue.
I want a reward for my long waiting.

Does DC have an Unlimited-type dealie yet?

I think they may be shirtless in Super Sons.

>yea because the trunks are the sole reason for sales number.

Do aspies really believe this shit?

This is obviously confirmation. It's a combo of both suits.

He has his original boots back, and a different belt which he's had many times. What is implemented from the New 52 suit?

Does Gary Frank have an upcoming project? He keeps doing variant covers. I just want him to draw Superman again goddammit!!!

FINALLY

Full belt/red boots really makes all the difference.

if you are going to go nostalgia, just go all in. red trunks, c'mon

Meh i will care when Superbro comes back

That looks really bad and is just further proof Sup Forums should stop trying to design shit

>They didn't just use Gleason's design
What a waste.

>one person makes a design you don't agree with
>the whole board should stop
Man, fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

I prefer this to what they used, but I fucking love the OP design.

I think Batman earth one .

Underwear = God tier

>still no trunks
Time to drop DC again

itp; faggotry of pleb levels

>No trunks

It's almost as if they wanted to piss off nostalgiafags. That said, it is truly a beautiful suit.

If you put your face at the bottom of a furnace you will find shirtless Jon there. I promise.

The red boots.

You mean the boots he had on the original suit he wore from the pre-52 Earth through Convergence, and when he Jon and Lois first came to Earth 0 following Convergence? Because if you're going by anything other than the color, the design of the new boots looks just like the old boots and nothing like the design of the New 52 suit boots.

Blue boots looked more interesting and was better graphic design wize.

Why no more MOS cuffs?

>Supergirl to finally meet Superdad
Already happened, as far as BEFORE Re-Birth as Superdad was there (as was Kara) when Superbro passed

The question remains

Encountering isn't speaking with each other and establishing a relationship like what he had with cheerleader Kara back on the previous Earth.

>aspies really believe

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Especially following this page

Superdad pre-dates Superbro. And Superdad's pre-FP suit includes red boots.

>This is obviously confirmation

SO, NO.

Honestly, DC should just bring the classic design back if they're going to keep tip toeing around with minuscule changes every few months

Precisely.

They should, but they won't. Personally, I love this design if we aren't gonna get the trunks back.

I've come to terms that the trunks are never coming back. This I think FINALLY strikes the right balance. The yellow on the belt helps to break everything up. Also the cuffs are gone THANKFULLY. This really does look like what an updated Superman always should have looked like. Seriously, the belt that's designed really does wonders.

So we've gone through something like five different costume tweaks since the classic one was eliminated and now here we are, almost back to where we started. And people still want to yell about how stupid the trunks are.

>So we've gone through something like five different costume tweaks
>New 52 Kryptonian armor
>post-Super Nova redesign
>Stealthy Superdad pre-Rebirth Black costume
>Rebirth Superdad
>OP
I forgetting anything?

Kind of reminds me of the Justice League Action costume.

I see it now too

This looks great, it'd be better with the trunks but it's still an improvement.

>cartoon artists are better at character design than comic artists

I'm not surprised. I don't even like cartoons, but I bet you've got a way bigger pool of artists to pull from in that industry than comics.

>Superboy loses his powers

This shit better not last for more than an issue.

How about give him a good creative team now?

Superman has a great team right now. Action? Not so much.

Same here. Not a single detail seems excessive or out of place, and the belt matching the boots made me forget there was ever anything in between. I hope it lasts.

Hey, what does Sup Forums think of having another emblem on the cape? I'm fine with nothing, or yellow on red, or even just a pentagon, but yellow on yellow always looks like an error.

Action Comics #977 cover by Andy Kuber

I actually really like the Man of Steel suit, the chainmail aesthetic and the idea that it's the standard military undergarment is pretty cool.

I'm right you're wrong. No other answer makes sense. Don't be stupid.

>the chainmail aesthetic
That's what I dislike about it, the pattern looks nothing like chainmail.

Why the fuck is he wearing underwear on the INSIDE?

Red boots, uniform sleeve ends, new belt
This was such an easy fix

I think you all people don't suspect what is really happening here. Superbro and Superdad will merge and everyone will remember them because, well... they were always the same entity. That's why the red boots.

Good...
> Full pronounced reflective belt.
> Red reflective boots.

Bad...
> No wrist cuffs.
> S is flat, unpronounced & non reflective.
FUCK.

>Blue boots looked more interesting

No it wasn't.

So we agree it's all good. Cool.

On a side note:

SUPERGIRL #8
Written by STEVE ORLANDO • Art by MATIAS BERGARA • Cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and RAY McCARTHY • Variant cover by BENGAL
A “Superman Reborn Aftermath” tie-in! Superman and Supergirl meet again for the first time to face the evil of the Emerald Empress! Plus, what does it mean for the Girl of Tomorrow when tomorrow promises a Dark Knight? Shocking revelations, all-powerful sorceresses from the future, the Batgirl of Burnside and dinner in the Wild West—they’re all here in this amazing issue!
On sale APRIL 12 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

>Superman and Supergirl meet again for the first time to face the evil of the Emerald Empress!
YES. It's time!