I hate the new season of MST3K so much holy fuck

You know you want me, baby!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfnG8MS3xz0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

At comic-con I met the new Servo in the rain station, He asked me if I liked the show and I lied... I didn't want to tell him the truth...

You did the wrong thing.

I haven't watched it yet but
>no Mike
>no Trace
>no Kevin
>no Joel as host
>Patton Oswalt
Is it even moderately entertaining?

I know, I'm okay with him and new Crow, but Jonah is the absolute worst and the joke pacing and millennial ass jokes kill it. I was sorta star struck.

I hate it but I've watched all episodes, they're not insufferable but they feel like a soulless version of the show.

I only watched 1 episode. Its sort of sad because you can tell they tried their best and put everything they had into it.

I hope Joel doesn't expect another kickstarter for S2.

the funniest parts are the awkward celebrity guest appearances. and by "funny", i mean painfully cringy.

i disagree with above, you know let the guy live, he's got a job he probably worked hard for and probably has a good time at work too, let him have that.

Didn't watch it. Basically BotW is my new MST3K.

not comparable.

Their commentary tracks are more akin to that. BotW is more of a friend simulator for lonely masturbators.

>celebrity guest appearances

Why would they do this?

Why dont' we see more shows like this, and I don't just mean the youtube autists. The overhead seems as low as can be possible in real life.

i don't mind that they did it. i mind that they did it so badly. the ones with seinfeld and mark hamill were especially awful.

You mean on TV? There's an overload of supply on cable and not much demand, you'd need to find someone to finance that shit. The way this crawled from public access into some network isn't repeatable in the current streaming model.

>You know you want me, baby!

We're all out of toner!

Never watched the original but a friend was going on about how they rebooted it and put the new one on and all i really remember was it being kinda cringey

>new MST3K
That's RiffTrax.

Trace, Frank and Mary have all joined Master Pancake in Austin as guests

rifftrax is mst3k without all of the shit i hated from the show, like the lame sketches and songs and other garbage.

Trace and Frank have a p. litty podcast every week.

what are the essential mst3k episodes

the final sacrifice

Oh I didn't know that. I'll have to check it out.

They did a few movies some of which were very obscure so offhand I only remember them doing Stargate. The highlight for me actually was Frank riffing the Master Pancake riffs. It was kind of mind blowing actually.

Mitchell, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, Manos: the hands of fate, Space Mutiny.

Pod People, Gamera series, hobgoblins, Bloodwaters of Doctor Z, Devil Fish, Jack Frost, Zombie nightmare, Alien from LA, Pumaman,

Is Blood Waters of Dr Z a unique movie for this series? It's the only one that actually feels like a true grindhouse film. The closest I can think of is Night of the Living Dead which has been done numerous times by them in varying incarnations but never mst3k

thanks friends

Time Chasers

The new season's entirely fine, tbqh. The quality depends entirely on the movie that's being riffed.

Dick's
Red Owl
Selection and Service

Are you just randomly making up titles?

They're not titles, it's a quote from the Pyumaman episode.

The people who made that movie supposedly used to make industrial films, which explains its incredibly slow pace and all the monologues over stock footage.

thanks to u too

The one part that really stuck out to me was when he fried the girl alive in a steel basket like French fries and then graphically showed her being pulled back out. Mst3k is usually pretty heavy with the censorship. Not implying they should have censored it but that's part of what makes this episode feel so unique to me. Also one of their very last episodes as I recall.

Please enjoy a fish anus.

Puma Man for the cheesy theme song alone: youtube.com/watch?v=TfnG8MS3xz0

How do the sets look?

In the promotional material, it looked worse than the stuff Funny Garbage did in Saul of the Molemen.

But that's wrong you retard

Laserblast is kino great jokes throughout Soultaker is maybe second also great jokes Werewolf has it's moments and THe Merlin movie in season 10 is also good besides that everything else people mentioned

When
You want
the flavor of bacon
in a dip

Ever heard of commas, user?

nO

>I hate the new season of MST3K so much holy fuck

I think this is what separates MST3K fan fans from the people who have only watched the handful of episodes that get recommended all the time

the new MST3K didn't have any "great" episodes up there with Space Mutiny or Manos, no, but its average episode was still about par and a few were well above. if you think Wizards of the Lost Kingdom or Starcrash is bad MST3K then you shouldn't even waste your time with the average episode from the old series

that was polite, I'm proud of you

>appeal to authority
Aaaand there goes your argument.

Don't forget Felicia Day!

Time Chasers rifftrax is pretty good too

Starcrash was watchable just for the horrible trainwreck it was at being Star Wars, as well as enjoying the acting of Christopher Plummer, Joe Spinell and David Hasselhoff.

I think there's a lot of people that only watched Mike's seasons so the shift to Joel and Trace or even earlier messes with people since the dynamic was different.

Trace did plenty of episodes with Mike, though. Bill only did like two seasons as Crow.

It's 3 I think but I always see people recommend episodes from Season 9 and 10 so if they go from there to season 1 or something its different is all. Plus there's Rifftrax so I feel people know Mike, Kevin and Bill the most.

Season 1 is extremely different. It only has 2 or 3 good episodes Robot Monster being the best.