The best LotR/Hobbit movie, fact

The best LotR/Hobbit movie, fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NLwmFplNnbM
maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wrong.

Two towers is superior

True fact. Return of the King is more epic and action-packed, but I absolutely love the feeling of adventure that only Fellowship has. It feels the truest to the source material.

Has there been any good fanedit to the Hobbit movies yet to actually make them watchable? I swear there is a good movie in there, just insanely bloated due to studio meddling and CGI wank.

Galadriel's riverdancing makes every lotr/hobbit movie good

It was definitely the most faithful to the book.

its sad how hollow the hobbit was. I loved LOTR

>No Tom Bombadil
>Faithful

There are loads of fanedits but I haven't watched any of them yet

Fellowship is the weakest IMO still an amazing movie and miles ahead of the shit tier Hobbit movies although i did boner for the dwarvern army in Hobbit 3

re watched teh LOTR movies a while back with my GF who hadn't seen them. I love the beginning of Fellowship and nothing brings me more LOTR nostalgia than the opening in the shire. and the end with Boromir and " I'm going to mordor alone " " of course you are, and im comign with you " truly beautiful. but the whole middle section of the movie was pretty tedious once you've seen it once

Did you miss the qualifier of "most?"

There were tons of little problems with it, like the omission of the Old Forest, Tom Bombadil, and the Barrow Downs, as well as snippets like Boromir giving the Ring back to Frodo while they were on the mountain pass, but for the most part it was a lot more faithful to the books than any of the other movies.

the sense of adventure in fellowship is unrivaled

the other movies are fantastic but the adventure is overshadowed by geopolitical events

If this is the best LotR/Hobbit movie, then Tolkein is the dullest writer of all time. Seriously each episode following the little hobbit and his pals from Middle Earth as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make fantasy dull, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Christoper Tolkein vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his fathers' books. The LotR series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the books are terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character sought the ring, the author wrote instead that the character "desired power"

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Tolkeins's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same George RR Martin. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading LotR at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read George RR Martin." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "LotR" you are, in fact, trained to read George RR Martin.

no other film makes me feel the way Fellowship does, mega-comfy

People contest this? It's a literal 10/10 adventure movie.

Two Towers > Fellowship > Return

That said all three are at least 9/10 and it's honestly pointless trying to separate them because they're pretty much the most perfect trilogy out there.

If you don't watch the trilogy as one entire film then you're doing it wrong.

dont start this crap

>There were tons of little problems with it, like the omission of the Old Forest, Tom Bombadil, and the Barrow Downs
which don't progress the plot at all, or give any character development, and are completely irrelevant for the rest of the story. It's already almost 3 hours long. It's not a little problem, it's justified unfaithfulness. Thinking otherwise is literal autism.

This, really it's wrong to treat them separately. It'd be like talking about the different movements of a symphony separately. It's only convention that has them split into three, three hour films. But since we're on the topic:
>FotR is the best standalone film
>TTT has the best individual scenes and character moments
>TRotK is the emotional high point

if you don't edit the three movies into six movies based on the original six book form you're doing it wrong

The barrow blades that Merry and Pipin get are responsible for the death of the Witchking. That is important foreshadowing.

Kind of a dick move to diminish Merry's courage and sacrifice into 'lol it was a magic sword'. Also then what was with the prophecy of 'No man can kill me'?

Hobbits are not men

Yeah, but if a man had the magic sword could he still kill the WK? Or does it have to be a woman/non-human with the magic sword? Or would just a woman/non-human with an ordinary sword be sufficient?

>that comfy as fuck 30 minutes in the Shire

>the music
>the atmosphere
>the sadness
>the epicness
>the feelings of Gimli
>the smile of legolas
youtube.com/watch?v=NLwmFplNnbM

this, it just felt so fucking magical, I can't really tell you what exactly that was... maybe a mixture of me being a 9yo kid back then and being absolutely hyped about the movie? It just felt super cozy and like a lot of people put a lot of work into it.

Nothing interesting really happens for about an hour. I enjoy LOTR but it's the kind of story that expects its audience to stay with it, it doesn't do a whole lot to grab their attention from the start.

The shire sequences in the first hobbit are trilogy quality

Fellowship had the best locations
>shire
>rivendale
>moria
>lothlorien

here is that passage in the book
So passed the sword of the Barrow-downs, work of Westernesse. But glad would he have been to know its fate who wrought it slowly long ago in the North-kingdom when the Dûnedain were young, and chief among their foes was the dread realm of Angmar and its sorcerer king. No other blade, not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealt that foe a wound so bitter, cleaving the undead flesh, breaking the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his will.

I don't think that diminishes his accomplishment, it just makes the story a bit richer, by tying together the past of Arnor.

yes 100% agree. I like to ad, it is not only the best one. It is also the only good one

IF I TAKE ONE MORE STEP MR FRODO

Yeah
maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit