/STD/ Star Trek Discovery

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4OULH2yXN0w
youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf4-3dHN8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=a689uEin8i0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When will Discovery respect canon and show this insignia from The Cage?!

Was looking forward to mirror stuff, but looks like it's another Michael episode

Pretty sure that would be illegal since that would be part of the trademarks from the rime timeline and while JJ got some stuff like the tribble he couldnt get insignias in fact Im almost 100% sure thats illegal.

They could use a modified badge though like the insignias on STD.

what if whole series is a mirror universe? I think fans would actually be okay with that?

Everyone is unlikable, the show is very bad but not because its badly written but its written so fans do hate it because in actuality its the mirror universe?

They would be the Terran Empire, not Starfleet.

>They would be the Terran Empire, not Starfleet.
I thought of that, only thing I could come up with to make that work is that the creators say its a different universe.

O
R
V
I
L
L
E

It definitely seems like they made a bad show, there just isnt much likable about it. I wonder if we will even get answers to that this season or if the next series will answer it if we even get that series.

Why doesn't STD have cuties?

I think because the show is made to have everything be unlikable to some degree, a recent theory but maybe that is why.

That or maybe JJ wants to tank the franchise if Disney told him too.

Then that just means they were lying all along when they said it was Prime universe

JJ had the sense to keep the miniskirts though

the mirror universe technically is in the prime universe.

but yea they were lying about prime basically since they used the kelvin paramount license through Bad Robot, but that is just a license, it doesnt change anything outside of that.

The primary colors are a personal fav, think this series is first one to do away with that to keep the peoples roles on the ship mysterious so noone knows what anyone does which is more realistic to the real military.

>implying

Why does it use a different warp effect?

How did that latest Orville vs DISCO poll go?

havent seen one in awhile, but maybe a few weeks when both shows wrap up would be a good time?

I don't like STD.

JOSH WHEDON LOOKS LIKE THAT?!

>didn't spin before jumping
missed opportunity

What game is that from?

Just found this on yt. Pretty funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=4OULH2yXN0w

inb4 shilling my own channel. its not mine

youtube.com/watch?v=Cnf4-3dHN8Y

CBS: We need something to target the 18-29 demo

STD: Say no more.... Fidget Spinning Ship

kek, thanks for the laugh

>what if whole series is a mirror universe?

youtube.com/watch?v=a689uEin8i0

If the USS Glenn had the tardigrade and the nipple clamp machine and the the machine that hooks up to the computer and projects the fungus map...Why didn't they tell Starfleet about it?

what if they just kept the monster as a prisoner like a trophy but didnt know about it because of this? Did the Glenn have the nipple clamps and what is the writers obsession with nipple clamps? Will there be other clamps?

they was testing it.

They made big jump, impossible without the tardigrade.

But why would you not file a report with SF? Especially since you are engaging in potentially dangerous, though vital, experimental research? It makes no sense. They had made like a dozen jumps with it. Meanwhile the Dscovery makes one, reports it to SF, and now they are mass producing spore drives for the fleet and have every corner of the federation looking for more tardigrades.

>they was testing
were, sorry

Possible that they were less rigorous than the Discovery in term of report to the hierarchy.

Because they needed space horror in the show.

>less rigorous than the Discovery in term of report to the hierarchy
Given what we know about Lorca and what we sort of know about SF, I find this difficult to accept without direct acknowledgement

Starfleet command could have halted the research on ethical grounds, particularly if the experiments had a high failure rate and the tardigrade was suffering for nothing.

They wanted to present the working product first so the ethics would be overlooked in favour of the strategic applications.

the show is badly written. its straight up garbage. stop trying to find some coherent story in it.

>Starfleet command could have halted the research on ethical grounds
That doesn't make any sense. SF already knows about the research project. They are the ones that built the two special prototype ships to conduct the research, after all.

>They wanted to present the working product
They already had the working product. They had made multiple jumps.

I know. But, I'm trying. I have nothing else at this point but blind hope.

They'd made short range jumps, the tardigrade guidance system was a breakthrough but it would also piss a lot of people off.

That’s not warp. That’s the shroom drive.

No, the Discovery had made short range jumps only. The Glenn was leaving them in the dust.

Because of the breakthrough, as the Glenn's engineer discussed before he got all twisted up in his research.

You aren't making any sense. Form coherent complete thoughts that are easy to follow or fuck off.

why didn't the tartigrade do the shroom drive effect

I'm calling it

Disco will be the first Star Trek to show uncensored female nudity and it will be the ginger because that makes it "progressive" and fucking cool

at least they got rid of fuller otherwise he would have done the gay sex scene here instead of american gods

I highly doubt even Starfleet would forego such a massive strategic advantage just based on ethical grounds. At the very least they would keep some tardigrades and spore drive enabled ships in an emergency reserve somewhere in case the fucking Borg decided to invade or something.

And that's not to speak of all the alien powers and empires like Klingons and Romulans and the fucking Borg who absolutely would have no ethical qualms about hurting some oversized plankton for the ability to insta-teleport anywhere in the universe.

why is there not a single hot waifu in this show?
>original #1
>Nurse Chapel
>Yeoman Colt
>Yeoman Rand
>Martha Landon
>Green dancing slut
>Councillor troi with big tits on display
>Milf crusher (especially if you were a fan of Dune)
>Tasha yar (from yesterdays enterprise)
>Vash
>Jadzia the whore
>Ezri the qt
>sleepy kes
>JERI FUCKING RYAN BITCHES
>T'pol the big titted
>Super charged Carol Marcus
All STD has is a spotty fat ginger and a pissed of black girl and something that might resemble a robot.
Star Trek used to be about the sexual awakening of the teenage male.
What happened?

>implying thicc ginger is not hot

I want the spotty fat ginger to sit on my fucking face with her fat ginger ass though

there's not a single hot waifu in this sho-

Still waiting for you to post a hot waifu....oh
oooooh
HAHAHAHAHAHA The state of STD, just because she's not -that- old and white you think she's hot?
Holy shit..
Congratulations you've been brainwashed into believing the BBW

is this the state of STD? Lusting after fat gingers?

>just because she's not -that- old and white>
>white
The asian milfu was hotter though

Star Trek has some weird licensing shit.

are people really this desperate

Because Ripper-kun is the real deal, not some shody experimental drive

Ripper was going in a straight line. The spore warping is supposed to be a teleportation

I'd give her an STD if you know what I mean

that would be incredibly fucking stupid so i can see it happening in STD

>fall for the meme that this is shit
>fall for the meme this is SJW garbage
>watch
>enjoy watching the first ship fucking up everything
>get told how good the asian captain is
>actually the ship is run as a shitty high school for problem kids and pussies
>enjoy watching how incompetent everybody is
>enjoy watching how shit the protagonist every time something important is on the line
>new ship
>literally a white dude captain and a white dude scientist are the first competent people in the whole series
>alien pussy dude starts improving
>protagonist girl is ok as long as she is kept in a very short leash by men
what did they mean by this? is this concealed traditionalist propaganda?

Things that would improve STD dramatically for you

>Stamets grows a spine, becomes more like Wash from firefly and less gay bitchy

>Captain thinks things out more, less immediate violence

>Burnham dies

>waterbear gets dehydrated
>gets hydrated again just by using space cum and the void of space
why? they could have dropped a bucket of water on him at least

It was a bit odd but honestly does it matter some characters are gay? As long as they don't go into it further (I don't like inter crew relationships at all in any trek) it served it's purpose

kill yourself

it was odd using that as a "reveal", as if it was important or something that 2 characters, 1 almost with no screen time, are having filthy buttsex

The reveal was the mirror thing.

>when you accidently ate gluten

>gays are scary because they might bum me aahhh

memes aside and this being not star trek aside, the captain and the scientist are great so far, i'm happy that in the last episode the scientist was the one who risked making the jump, i kept thinking that they would force it on the protagonist because they are trying to force that she's not useless for some reason

This show is absolute garbage

>honestly does it matter some characters are gay

Yes, that is degenerate and has a negative impact on society as a whole.

I have nothing against gays but I don't like the gay asthetics. It ruins the tone for me. So far it's just millenials and their millenial problems in space smoking fucking shishas. No, fuck you. That not why I watch Star Trek.

This.

>smoking fucking shishas

When did hat happen?

we middle east now

>make a show pandering to ~4.5% of the population
>it flops

When will they learn?

>That not why I watch Star Trek
>STD
>Star Trek

I don't recall a single person smoking on STD.

>literally one non white main character

Pilots white, head of science is white, captain is white, even the fucking robot is white, the first officer is an alien.

>main character is also white

ikr lol

sooner or later one of them is gonna start vaping

If were talking race then the captain isnt white, he is Jewish.

Both his parents were jewish, they wouldnt let a white person be in a leadership position on this its made by a Jewish production company Bad Robot.

They are in the bathroom. Those are toothbrushes. Not just any toothbrushes. Sonic toothbrushes that don't have bristles.

>killing his crew
>redditors defend this

Can't wait for that amazing twist that the writers thought would be super smart.

I don't know if this is better or worse than shishas. Besides that it's fucking lazy. You tell me they can travel faster than light but are unable to figure out something to keep their teeth intact without gay rituals like that?

what's bad about that?

A fucking space tooth brush.

One is a living organism
The other is a spaceshitp

>See all of the guys you command going off to a permanent death rape torture camp that will 100% end in agonising death and torture and degredation and brokenness
>Have chance to instantly vaporise them to save them from the literal hell

That was the right decision

Literally a few steps from godhood

I love how this show manages to trigger people with the most insignificant things

then why didn't he kill himself before getting captured by Klingons?

IRL those are prostate massagers.

No joke.

>most insignificant things
>being gay

Figures.