WHICH TRILOGY WAS THE BIGGER PILE OF SHIT?

>WHICH TRILOGY WAS THE BIGGER PILE OF SHIT?
>Star Wars Episode 1-3
>The Hobbit movies

strawpoll.me/14175063

Other urls found in this thread:

maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God they are both so unfathomably terrible I can't decide. I'm inclined to say Hobbit because they are longer.

>Prequel trilogy = Lucas ruining his own franchise
>Hobbit trilogy = Hackson ruining another man's franchise

I think the choice is fairly obvious.

The Hobbit. Part 3 was a pain to sit through.

By far the hobbit was worse. At least Star Wars prequels had a story to tell even if it was poorly told and the world building there was great for a kids movie

Imagine this:

>monday
episode 1
>tuesday
episode 2
>wednesday
episode 3
>thursday
episode 1
>friday
episode 2
>saturday
episode 3
>sunday
episode 1
>monday
episode 2
>tuesday
episode 3
>wednesday
episode 1
>thursday
episode 2
>friday
episode 3
>saturday
episode 1
>sunday
episode 2
>...

or

>monday
hobbit 1
>tuesday
hobbit 2
>wednesday
hobbit 3
>thursday
hobbit 1
>friday
hobbit 2
>saturday
hobbit 3
>sunday
hobbit 1
>monday
hobbit 2
>tuesday
hobbit 3
>wednesday
hobbit 1
>thursday
hobbit 2
>friday
hobbit 3
>saturday
hobbit 1
>sunday
hobbit 2
>...

and so on until you have seen each film of one trilogy 100 times, which trilogy would you choose for this kind of watching if you had to?

Hobbit for sure. The Star Wars prequels at least tried and were quite creative at the time.

Hobbit just because of that forced as fuck love triangle with Legolas and the mary sue elf that wasn't even in the original story

All the star wars movies were shit not only the prequel. The Hobbit was ok-ish

The prequels
>the script came from the mind of the original creator

The Hobbit
>based off of a 120 page childrens book
>added extra elements not even present in the original story
>60 fps

I think its clear isn't it?

First hobbit was fairly watchable with several good scenes but 2 and 3 were fucking terrible. Even CGI looked like shit, worse than Star Wars prequels despite coming out more than decade later.

Star Prequels were better movies, with better acting outside of worst scenes of AOTC, better pacing, CGI and music.

The first Hobbit movie is genuinely good

What was wrong with the Hobbit?

Hobbit should've never been a trilogy in the first place. Go watch the Maple Film's fanedit. There's actually a good film amongst all the tacked on crap.

The Prequels, you could never in a hundred years glue together a decent film out of those thre turds.

as a huge lotr fan and someone who never cared about star wars I'll say the hobbit movies are far worse
there is no redeeming qualities to them, they are a complete atrocity

at least the prequels had some semblance of engagement with the audience
yes they were horrible written, full of plot holes and horrible inconsistencies, they missed the mark on what made the original movies good completely and shat on their concepts but they still are not as hollow as the hobbit trilogy

Lucas had absolute creative control with the prequels, had as long as he wanted to make them, and they still turned out terrible.

Jackson was basically coerced into making the Hobbit, had a hectic production schedule where they only had six months of pre-production and were writing the script as the movie was being filmed, and every one of the movies has at least a couple of good scenes.

>Go watch the Maple Film's fanedit.
Tell me more about this.

I've only seen one of the hobbit movies and I pick the star wars prequels (I've seen two of those). At least the star wars prequels have quality memes.

not saying the hobbit films are good by any stretch but the acting is still much better than the star wars prequels, which are unbeleivably bad.

maple-films.com/jrr-tolkiens-the-hobbit

You need to watch this. Follows the book as closely as possible considering the available source materials.

No Radagast the Brown
No love triangle
No ridiculous filler scenes like the barrel scenes or the mine scenes

I don't give a fuck about what they cut from those movies they look horrible I don't want to gaze at them for another second

>No ridiculous filler scenes like the barrel scenes or the mine scenes
How did they get around these? They seemed pretty important.

they edited it down to just the key elements. you don't have legolas jumping around all over the place, and you don't have the river of gold and giant gold statue scene. It's just very small elements of those scenes that are left.

The barrel scene was from the book though?

Nothing can be as boring (so shittier) than Tolkien movies.

fucking read god damn it they've been edited down from their ludicrous run time. It's not like some fake roller coaster ride anymore it's just the necessary parts to tell the story.

Hobbit got a fan edit that salvaged it into an enjoyable 4 hour long movie.
Prequel fan edit is still terrible because the script and performances are thoroughly bad.

Relax cunt

>The barrel scene was from the book though?

Lol. It's true they ride barrels down a river. That's about the extent of "the barrel scene" being "from the book". It's not a "scene", it's a few paragraphs long. There is not a ridiculous chase with elves and orcs. They get in the barrels, and no one even realises they are escaping. They get wet, sing a song, end of.

Pic related

>skill level required
fat Sup Forumsirgins don't even realise how much their language gives them away, do they

The maple films edit exists and it makes for a decent 4h Hobbit movie. This is enough for me to forget about the weak first two films and the atrocity that was BotfA.
I don't give a shit about SW and its prequels.

Hard choice, but I go with Hobbit. At least Star Wars has a bit of creativity to it, and Ep1 is kinda watcheable.

Why do we pretend these are terrible again? The worst film here is a 5/10.

that pic gave me aidscancer

>le prequels are bad meme
Kill yourself, disney shills.

Why would it even be in the interest of Disney to create negative buzz about a franchise they now own you terminal fucking autist. How do you even become this aggressively opinionated while being this stupid PLEASE kill yourself you fucking oxygen thief.

why the fuck is hobbit even a trilogy?

Why do you think? For the money.

I wish prequels actually did ruin Star Wars. Instead SW got revived because of them.
Clone Wars alone generated spin-offs and games galore. Disney wouldn't have bought that shit if it wasn't a popular cash cow.

The star wars prequels felt rushed, were poorly executed from a story perspective, and had an over reliance on cgi that wasn't quite up to scratch given how good the model work for the original trilogy, as well as what model work did appear in the prequel trilogy. That being said, the do have redeeming qualities, and could have almost been excellent.
The hobbit trilogy is one huge steaming shit from start to finish. 1 long stinking log laid out by a man who didn't even want to be making them for a studio that didn't even care that they were asking for shit.

>look at all my epic ad hominems! tough luck pal

based

Don't engage me, faggot.

wow... epic

The Hobbit was more dissapointing since the LOTR trilogy was so good and the source material is an enjoyable adventure story in its own right. It was just ruined by the studio giving Jackson no preproduction time and forcing him to make it into 3 films. However the Star Wars prequels are objectively worse films. There's a salvageable film if you edit the Hobbit films and cut out the unecessary shit, but the prequels are just poor from start to finish.

>Let prequels we're good meme

+5 contrarian points have been added to your account

>Good
Star Wars Ep 3

>Okay
The Hobbit pt 1
Star Wars Ep 1

>Shit
The rest

At least Star Wars had an excuse of being shitty because it was all original shit made up on the spot

What excuse did Hobbit have?

>Liking the prequels
>Contrarian

First hobbit was alright till end

Third starwars movie did have some great moments and was pretty decent mostly

So hobbit

No pre-production, no script, studio forced them to make it into three films.

SW PT was worse because it failed at literally everything

Desolation of Smaug was a 6/10 so it wins by default

For me the order goes:
SW3 > Hobbit 1 > Hobbit 3 > SW 2 > Hobbit 2 > SW 1

you've never seen an actual 1/10 or even a 4/10 movie.

I have seen very few 1/10 movies. Most people have, but they still like to hand out that rating to anything they don't like or find "dumb". No Star Wars movie is logically going to be 1/10. Not even the Holiday Special, but I'll go as far as 2/10 on that one. I see 4/10 movies every week.

>I have seen very few 1/10 movies

So you just outed yourself as not even having watched mst3k

The prequels were hotly anticipated for a huge number of very valid seeming reasons. Complete creative control from lucas, first star wars in 17 years, backstory on the empire as a whole, ILM going crazy with effects, no studio involvement what so ever, etc, etc.

Then "episode 1" premiered (as remember, no one even knew the term "phantom menace" until it was in the title crawl) and people basically developed instant stockholm syndrome. They either convinced themselves they hadn't sat through two hours of literal shit or withheld judgement on what the next movies would do. In response to attack of the clones the people with stockholm syndrome doubled down, the people still withholding judgement continued to withhold judgement, then when RotS hit, the people with stockholm syndrome felt validated and the people withholding judgment (that were left) had no choice but to compare it favorably to the previous four hours.

If you knew anything about the hobbit you knew it couldn't hold a trilogy. If you knew anything about the production you knew it was shaping up to be total shit.

So, everyone was expecting the prequels to be great and they were total shit. No one expected anything from the hobbit trilogy but they still managed to be disappointing.

I really feel bad for Ian.
I'm not an actor, so i don't -really- see the problem with working with a greenscreen, but just look at him!

This wasn't a problem in LotR, why couldn't they have done whatever they did with Gimli and the hobbits in this trilogy?

That viewing order makes no sense

>people disagreeing with me are all shills or memeing

or, alternately
>because thing 1 is bad, and thing 2 comes out, which i like even less, that means thing 1 is good

>>added extra elements not even present in the original story
Well, in cases where he took things that were already in the books, just wasn't brought up in LotR, i think it's fine. And the bit about Sauron showing up is alright too

But yes, waaaaay too many things were taken out of nowhere, especially the shitty humor

Undoubtedly the Hobbit flicks

I fell asleep during every Hobbit movie...

You faggots don't remember such a fucking betrayal sequels were.
You can just ignore hobbit. It didn't ruin anything. Star wars is forever stained by the sequels.

The Hobbit trilogy is unwatchable, but I forgive Peter Jackson, just because he put so much effort into LOTR. He ruined the story, but it wasn't a very good story to begin with, so no harm done.

I wouldn't say episode 3 was good but I broadly agree with this.

Hobbit trilogy was way worse. The third film is unwatchable. Star Wars at least has Ewan McGregor giving 110% throughout.

What are some other installations that ruined an otherwise successful franchise?

>Indiana Jones 4
>Alien Resurrection
>Dexter S3?

kys

Prequels are probably worse

Episode III > Journey > Smaug >Episode II >Five Armies > Episode I

AUJ>ROTS>DOS>TPM>AOTC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BOFA

Star Wars is much better if only because of episode 3s insane meme production and a few legit good scenes with great acting

Hobbit was a fucking mess with no feet to stand on

I prefer LOTR over Star wars original trilogy but I have to say that the hobbit was fucking awful.

Atleast star wars 1-3 tried to add some interesting concepts and kept itself up with decent cgi, fights were okay especially the anakin vs obi-wan.

But the hobbit is just awful, it feels stretched out because it is, everything has this awful filter that makes it look like jj abrams jizz-sheen paradise, the cgi is awful and the ideas executed (elves jumping over dwarves iron defense or legolas defying gravity lmao) were fucking stupid, the first hobbit movie was okay but then it just became shit.

>prequels are universally despised for a decade
>suddenly it's a Disney conspiracy

The Hobbit movies by a considerable margin, and I say that as someone whom places LOTR above Star Wars.

The Prequels are at least interesting; they're vehemently original. The visuals are instantly recognizable (somehow rounding out the Star Wars aesthetic while still planting it's roots in the same visual universe).

The acting is all over the place, but there are some real gems spread throughout (Sheev, Kenobi, Bibble).

The amount of autistic control and budget that George had, the conditions that had to arise for something like this to even exist, will probably never be seen again.

The Hobbit on the other hand is clearly the creation of a director in disarray, with a studio mandate looming over him. It's bloated and somehow really cringey. The visuals are often rough and unpolished, and the camera just flies around everywhere showing us EVERY nook and cranny of this half-rendered world, like some 14 years olds first 3D render.

The first one manages to capture a tinge of the magic, and is certainly the "best" one. There are a few good moments peppered throughout, but as a whole the thing is just a bag of pus.

yea, then you realized they could've ended the story in 1 movie, if they didn't fanfic and stretch the shit out of it

People will post this but bitterly argue that it isn't the same for Attack of the Clones

RoTS is a genuinely good movie, Hobbit trilogy doesn't have that.
The first hobbit is fun and watchable, but the next two are barely watchable

>genuinely good
absolutely not kek
the few and far between kino scenes in it and the in my opinion great visuals put it miles ahead of the h*bbit tho

episode 3 "kind of" holds up and will continue to, which is more than will ever be said about the hobbit

>>prequels are universally despised for a decade
No they weren't, newfag

The Hobbit movies are the worst by far.
The Star Wars prequels are quite good in comparison, in fact since Disney bought the franchise and have been milking it for every dollarydoo they can get hold of I've found a new respect for the prequels. Lucas did his own thing, whether you like them or not is irrelvant. It was his story to tell. Disney Wars in comparison is an obvious cash grab filled with le epic liberal talking points taken straight from one of the cardboard cutout late night shows. In a decade or two it will look far more dated for it's obvious forced political stance than the prequels or the original trilogy do (and that's not even getting into the bad writing).
In regards to The Hobbit, it's a real shame. I'm still a huge fan of Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy and it will go down as one of the best ever made in my opinion. I'm glad I was alive to appreciate it when it came out. I was very hyped for The Hobbit when it was first announced but they butchered it. A real damn shame.

Widely (and rightfully) regarded as shit, so yes.

H2 > SW3 > H1 >>>>>>> HB3 > SW2 > SW1

This.

The Prequels are spectacular in their failure, while the hobbits are just a turd.

People like the prequels now, get with the times

I think the Hobbit is worse for me because the first one was pretty good and then it went to total shit instantly while the prequels were always shit

>Indiana Jones 4

Why do we hate this again? Is it just because of muh Shia? I re-watched it last month and it was honestly fine.

The Hobbit is the bigger pile of shit but Gerorge Lucas is the bigger hack

Yes, they were.

Contrarian autists on Sup Forums like it now for some reason, but that's not normal. The prequels are universally hated.

this
as much as shitty prequels are, the comics and vidyas are lit as fuck

I'm confused as to how anyone could expect the hobbit trilogy to not be shit before seeing it. the LOTR trilogy wasn't all that great to begin with and knowing anything about the production of the hobbit trilogy would make it impossible to think it was going to be anything other than a dumpster fire.

i care about lotr more so I care more that the hobbit trilogy sucks and so I more hateful towards the hobbit movies than the prequels, but the first hobbit movie is pretty good so Id honestly say overall the hobbit movies were better movies but star wars is normie trash so I dont really care all that much so I dont care about whatever the prequels ruined and it seems like the world is doing just fine ruining star wars without the prequels so I have to say the hobbit for ruining something that was actually good in the first place despite not technically being the worst movies on their own merits in a vacuum. /one sentence

the hobbit because i waited 10 years for it and i hated it
i didn't even bother watching the third one

>no one on Sup Forums is old enough to have actually waited the 17 years for the prequels

>Sup Forums is filled with people who's childhood trilogy was lotr thus they're angry the hobbit was shit, even though a blind man could see that coming.

why am i still here

Saw TPM when I was 13. I was there when the PT came out and saw all the hate firsthand, user.

You see, nowadays the only people who speak out against the PT are Star Wars fans who don't like them, but when those movies were being released, even normie audiences spoke out about how shitty they were. But the normal audiences have moved on and don't give a shit, so you young folks only here it from a smaller group.

>honestly fine.

>surviving a nuclear blast
>swinging from vines
>dead alien skeletons morphing into one live alien for unexplained reason

you realize disney would want prequels to be looked as good right? it boosts their brand, they have the rights to them (the original trilogy is a different story)