Jokes in comic books

They don't make them like they used to

Comparison

>le quips XD

Kill yourself marvelfag, quips are always cancer in anything.

>quips
...That's not what a quip is.

Hey look, a fag!

You have to be 18 to post here bub.

this is a funny joke that Sup Forums got SUPER triggered by.

maybe didn't fit the context of angela (but i didn't read it and neither did Sup Forums so who knows.)

The Marvel Adventures line was too damn good for this world.

>"all-ages" at Marvel now means screencap comics and a marketing line to excuse the sales of shit like Moon Girl.

bump

Is Nextwave cheating?

No, it's winning.

Alright

[UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL]
They should rename Sup Forums.

Ugh, no, as much as I agree with the opinion that the prequels are shit, this was when Deadpool really started going downhill.

Pretty sure Waypool was awful the moment the Bullseye arc ended, and even the Bullseye arc was acceptable when it came off more dramatic stuff.

Honestly my favorite little gag on this page is the way they drew that cosmic-light bit so Arishem's head would look that much more like a mug of hot coffee.

It's supposed to be an ironic parody of SJW's.

It doesn't make sense even in context, because Israel wasn't a country when Bor ruled whatever he used to rule. It's just the writer trying to be clever and failing. It's an anachronism. Like that panel from Battleworld where one of the Marvels asks what Hercules' father would think of him trying to hit on women while drunk (he would totally give him a high-five).

Was Moon Girl cancelled? I didn't follow it.
>this girl is smart!
>shows her doing chemistry stuff
What is this, the 70s?

I think Merc with a Mouth came out before that though. When Deadpool took Wolverine and Spider-Man's spot as the Four Books a Month guy shit started going sour fast.

Pure cringe

I miss Thor

He always looks like coffee. I've never been able to take the guy seriously.

Shh, Snyder, don't cry

That's good

lol ok

>Implying this was funny

It's SPIDER-MAN, you cock-gobbling mongtard. He is literally the character who has non-stop quipping as a major character trait.

>Implying it wasn't

Fuck this is hilarious. "Merlins" shushing, and Thors face.

Are you actually retarded? That was situational comedy, quips are short puns and witty comments.

Why Sup Forums is posting so often here?

Bennett absolutely did not intend it that way

You saw this in 9fag or something, kiddo?

Because people keep replying to it.

This is supposed to be a joke page?

Looks more like a dramatic reveal to me.

It's still going.

The problem is that the idea BEHIND it is good, the dynamic is good, and the surrounding story is nice, but it's focusing on the wrong things and Luna herself is boring.

Like, the writer clearly at least skimmed the original, but the main attraction has always been that Devil is a super strong, blood red T-Rex who wrecks shit. There's nothing wrong with replacing Moonboy, but making Luna the focus is a disservice to both of them, as it denies the book the dynamic that makes it strong in the first place.

It's both.

>Marvel Adventures
>Thor: The Mighty Avenger

Good times, man. Good times.

>people fell for this

the nope too gross was typical garbage but this honestly made me laugh. I don't have to want to rid the world of whats behind the censor tags to laugh at the honest fact that that's whats on here.

This gave me goosebumps

gay and shit gag

Honestly my favorite incarnation of Thor comics

Before... the Dark Times...

my favorite part about this page is how certain Norman is.

He KNOWS, without a shadow of a doubt, from that ONE insult, that it's Peter and not Otto.

a classic

The bit in that issue about Stack mentioning he stole away some drinks from Dirk Anger's personal stash of beer until he realized "Lizard Squeezings" wasn't the name of a brewery is great one too.

>merlin

YFW the entire king arthur legend was just loki being a dick.

This joke would so much more effective without that last panel, which basically serves as a "did you get it? do you get the joke? huh? huh?"

first panel's set up is suspect as fuck as well

Well good thing Deadpool is good again.

>Well good thing Deadpool is good again.
source?