This was honestly very good. I swear its one of the biggest pleb filters I've seen recently...

This was honestly very good. I swear its one of the biggest pleb filters I've seen recently. The type of people who hate on it praise War for the Planet of the Apes tier shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Peter sellers tier /order/asc/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're kinda right

But I hate it and I also don't like those mega blockbusters. They were all a bunch of uninteresting faggots and the satire was toothless. The photography was forgettable and that was a major disappointment considering The Virgin Suicides has some of the finest cinematography of its day. Harmony Korine portrayed youthful excess and degeneracy so much better it's not even fair. You really need a male eye for these types of movies.

it was alright, but it was basically just a documentary filmed like a movie

Emma Twatson's horrendous attempt an American accent ruined that movie

Agreed, the biggest problem is that Sofia Coppola didn't have any interesting insights other then "hey look at these weirdos, LOL?". Korine seems to have an actual fascination with real fucking idiots, and thus his portrayal is more layered and interesting.

Larry Clark directed Kids senpai, not HK

Spring Breakers exists and whatever your opinion on it may be it shat all over Bling Ring.

It's fantastic

Bling Ring > Spring Breakers

Not even close

BR was nuanced and atmospheric.

SB was loud kitsch

I feel the exact opposite as you but whatever it's clearly a philosophical debate and I'm not interested in pursuing it. Goodbye.

I'm a male and it is way better than Spring Breakers, sperg.

She nailed the accent how do you live being such a memer. Legit you can look up the girl she played and she sounded just like her.

You're more of a numale than a male.

Not him but spring breakers is pleb trash for redditards. Reddit imdbcore babbys surely hate the bling ring.

This, glad someone on Sup Forums can appreciate actual cinema.

Numales love spring breakers who are you kidding.

>Not him but spring breakers is pleb trash for redditards.
Is that why it is an incredibly divisive film even on this board? Whereas most people hated Bling Ring other than a few contrarians trying to stand out (You).

Numales love Bling Ring. As evidenced by people who like it (Emma Watson fans, Sofia Coppola fans, people who loooooved Lost in Translation).

They don't though plenty people hate on it who like both of them you unaware idiot. Its not rocket science its underrated

>the board
You mean Sup Forums and confirmed phoneposting plebs? Wow they talk about flashy trash more than art.

>like a shitty movie
>better throw around pleb filter, just in cases

Do you see the irony.

>calling someone an actual contrarian as insult
>when Sup Forums is full of wannabee contrarians who aren't

Bling Ring had as much artistic merit as The Big Short and American Made. It is infotainment about uninteresting people trying to make a statement about something but not doing a very good job. I'd rather watch Wolf of Wall Street again than The Bling Ring.

As evidenced by this thread, OP is correct.

I don't see it being like either of those films and I would definitely not watch the wolf of wall street over it again, for many reasons. So i guess we just disagree.

It's not underrated it's just a bad movie. Nothing about it was cinematic or even fascinating. What's next? A movie about the Kardashians? I bet you'd eat that up too.

Nice strawman pleb
How angru are you, The Bling Ring by Sofia Copppila is underrated as hell. As you show

emma is my waifu but I don't watch any of her films because they look like complete shit and she's not a good actress. This place has literally become reddit. These kind of threads were laughed at in the past.

It's not a strawman it's the same kind of movie. Here let me pitch you this: A movie about the Kim Kardashian France kidnapping last year. You can make it a commentary on the destructive power of fame and celebrity and stuff. Like get into the perpetrator's head. Who is this guy? What could drive a person to do such a thing? Very deep and subversive stuff and people on Sup Forums will call it underrated for years.

It's unironically her best film.

Stop samefagging you autist emmahater

You all waste your lives shitposting here I wouldn't expect any of you to like the film that shows that you are nigger tier dumb gossiping idiots like caligirls

This movie is a dumb nigger-tier gossip movie in every way. You are like the people in the movie. You smoke a bowl in your room and dance around like a faggot.

It's an 8/10

This is my first post in this thread you mong. I like emma. I don't like the look of her films besides the first few harry potters.

You post on Sup Forums everyday of your life and get assblasted by my rare patrician presence on this tumblr board.

So you admit you have no reason even commenting because youre don't watch films because of your fee fees and memes. I dont care this fucking shithole of a site is deae.

I post on Sup Forums every day of my life, yes. It's an addiction I am not too proud of. But I still know the difference between a film that is worth the time it took to make and a flick that was just a needless exercise in thoughtless infotainment masturbation. Bling Ring is the latter. Now you can fuck off to wherever you need to go.

So you like emma haven't seen her films yet call her a bad actress when she's one of the only good ones her age? Great job Miguel

No you have shit taste as clear as day because you actually post here everyday kek just end it and leave the discussion to men.

I just feel sorry for you more than anything.

Ok pal and I bet if I asked you what makes The Bling Ring special in any way compared to Spring Breakers, you'd have a response? Because this was the closest thing to an explanation in this thread and it didn't even cut the mustard. "Nuanced and atmospheric"? I say "simple and overbaked".
>That static shot of the house as the teenagers rob it
Look dad I'm directing!

I just saw this last year and I liked it a lot

The post count didn't even go up and the thread didn't bump to the top. Absolutely pathetic.

as opposed to

>look I taped a piece of bacon on the wall?

zany

HK is/was a hack

Yes I could give you an entire review about how the type of filmmaking compliments the nature of the subject. But I'm not gonna waste my time when you can read actual positive reviews of the film when it came out. Yes filmmaking wise it is way more tight

I've seen trailers and random bit's here and there. Her accents are bad for a start. I'm not saying shes a terrible actress., but she's not good. I don't like the look of any of her films apart from maybe regression, but that's supposed to be complete shit. I don't watch films that shit to me, because they usually are. imo

Agreed my man

Whatever, I gave you an opportunity to explain yourself and you deflected/outright refused. Sounds like you're the one who needs to spend more time here.

Not understanding the implications of the character taping bacon to the wall is the surefire sign of a man who can't think critically. No wonder you like the The Bling Ring, a movie which holds your hand through each character's progression at every turn allowing no opportunity for the audience to soak in what is happening and decide for themselves what makes the characters tick.

Listen trailers are shit and you legit don't know and have an info to know anything. She played the girl spot on you can look up the actual girl it is identical to how she speaks. Stop memeing like a pleb. You can't detect her natural accent. Watch the film and her other stuff, i see worse shit all the time.

This isn't a place suddenly for serious discussion when normal people watch trailers only. just because you like a different fm and hate this one give tou no argument , I didnt say nuanced and atmospheric but I agree in putting it that way

Autism.

>Not understanding the implications of the character taping bacon to the wall is the surefire sign of a man who can't think critically.
please, enlighten us user. I can't wait to hear this.

I am fully convinced you are a redditor
>SERIOUS DISCUSSION DOESN'T BELONG HERE IT'S JUST MEMES
The Bling Ring is utterly mediocre and forgettable. It did nothing and said nothing, just gave a bunch of confused teenagers a hill to base their contrarian opinions on. Nobody remembers the movie and rightfully so, because it wasn't a movie worth making. Spring Breakers is still discussed frequently in many circles. It is a movie that touched people, and made people feel uneasy things about themselves. That is filmmaking. Not Coppola's reality-TV mise en scene, or Emma Watson hamming it up to terrible effect, or that kid smoking a bowl in his room and dancing like a faggot (seriously legitimately wanted to walk out of the theater there).

Bacon is meant to be eaten. Not put on the wall. What kind of maladjusted mind does such a thing? This is something the movie confronts the viewer with. Whereas the most The Bling Ring confronts you with is a Kristen Dunst cameo.

>It is a movie that touched people, and made people feel uneasy things about themselves
What? It was loud dumb pop culture drek used to hammer home an utterly sophomoric philosophical point.

wow. zany. mom's gonna freak.

>loud
You're such a baby. As if The Bling Ring wasn't just as loud and obnoxious.
>NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POOOOWAH
Whereas HK used Skrillex to service the movie, I am fully convinced Coppola used Kanye just because Kanye's album was popular at the time of filming.

Are you still pretending you have taste? I saw your posts on 8gags Sup Forums
Really cute stuff :^)

Oh wow is that who I'm arguing with? God damn.

>spring breakers touched people
Korine autist why are you shitting up this thread

>thread turns to shit because its an emma watson film that's good episode
Everytime

I'm not Korinefag. And I don't have to be Korinefag to recognize the differences between Coppola and Korine as filmmakers. If you believe I have to be some angry autist to like Korine better than Coppola, then you really do have worse taste than I thought.

There's two people that you're talking to
You are just as uppity and pretentious. Sofia coppola a roastie is a better director than that hack

And you just said "roastie". Argument over? Can I collect my prize?

He's a real fucking retard

Lmao dude BACON ON THE WALL

Korine is the type of person who makes artists embarassed to be called artists.

I am fucking dying. Thank you for this.

You've posted this a dozen times or more seems you have an actual tumblr tier problem. I've seen that said here in 2014 or late 2013

Korine is the type of artist who doesn't like to be called an artist and Coppola is quite literally the opposite. Gallo is absolutely spot on about her (and he's also right about Korine, which speaks to how much more talented Korine is than Sofia)

It's the korinefag 4plebs detective! Right on cue!

You got called out OP. Slink away in shame. Let the thread die. Try again tomorrow. I'll be waiting.

yep. he's ALWAYS been a hack. from day 1.

You're a gossiping tween yourself. Coppola is a better director than Gallo and Korine combined.

>Korine is the type of artist who doesn't like to be called an artist
Korine's whole life is based on being a pseudo-esoteric poseur.

Watch his Letterman appearances from the 90s. Pure cringe.

>You're a gossiping tween yourself.
Why? Because I prefer a director with talent and things to say about our modern culture unlike Sofia, who parrots and preens with daddy's money?

The samefagging autist who polices the board loves him

It's actually Gallo > SK > Korine

>Watch his Letterman appearances from the 90s.
You mean when he was in his early 20s he was an asshole? No way!

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/Peter sellers tier /order/asc/
First result in 2014 then the restimate in 2017 by the retard that still thinks he's on Sup Forums

What's with the gap?

I am not the OP i came into the thread its been up for 3 hours.

except, he's STILL the same asshole. It's unbelievable.

>I'm Harmony Korine and I like lowbrow country rap. Are you shocked? Are you shocked?

Why didn't it bump when you posted?

That poster is clearly doing gods work though brah

Oh look despite your poorly-written insult he's still more talented than Sofia. Are you shocked?

Coppola has a better record than her father LOL

>I'm Harmony Korine. I like Fassbinder but still drink sizzurp. Get it? Are you shocked? Materialism is like bad or something. Old Dirty Bastard!

Sofia will never make a movie as good as Godfather, or The Conversation, or Apocalypse Now. And she won't even try to because she has no aspirations. She plays it safe every time. Her latest movie was a remake of a Clint Eastwood vehicle, getting undue praise. She's one of the biggest hacks in the industry.

first 5 minutes on LIT > Korine's entire filmography

Keep going man this is really giving Sofia Coppola fans a good portrayal.

The absolute state of your taste. I can't wait for Lost in Translation to be forgotten. It already virtually almost is.

Her films have more air and breath than her hack father who got prasied for no reason half the time LOL

>It already virtually almost is.
such dishonesty.......shame on you user

I agree with him and I don't even like Lost in Translation.

BlingRing>first five min of Lit>Korine

>more air and breath
>than The Godfather
absolutely not true. The movie took a trashy pulp novel and turned it into a masterpiece of every possible aspect you could think of.

alright you like a bad movie I'm happy for you.

it's true. nobody cares about Lost in Translation anymore. It's not 2010. That type of trashy whispercore went the way of the dodo.

People rarely talking about it?

>it's true. nobody cares about Lost in Translation anymore.
nigga plz. there are LIT threads fans on ?tv/ on the reg.

you know what know one gives a fuck about....Julien Donkey Boy. Mr. Lonely etc.

People don't even give a shit about hudgens gomez shitskin movies senpai

>the most overrated film of all time besides star wars and blade runner
I bet you like depalma too

>Julien Donkey Boy. Mr. Lonely etc.
because nobody watched them. They weren't awardbait fluff pieces lobbied hard by the studios like Lost in Translation absolutely was. Of course more people watched LiT than those two (far superior) movies. On the reg? Sure if you think a picture of Scarjo's ass in that one shot followed by several posters going BRAAAAAAAAP counts as LiT threads, I have to concede that point. I haven't seen a movie actually discussing the film since, well, 2010, when this type of sonorous-but-flashy filmmaking was in vogue.