My dad is still in his room

>my dad is still in his room
>i possibly cant go get him myself and see whats keeping him
>i must angst instead

Goddamn was this a badly written episode. One of the worst Christmas Themed episodes.
Evil Santa was the only good thing and only the French verison cuz his song was way catchier.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVFLTbQuHE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was actually shocked that the Santa Adrian met wasn't confirmed to be the real Santa at the end of the episode.

I guess they wanted to not be cliché but its obvious it was supposed be him.

And why didnt they call Adrien's phone. A shot of Garbiel calling it and seeing it left behind i would understand his upsetness.
But literally:open window=my son is missing

I AM SANTA CLAWS
I'M A REBEL WITH A CAUSE

Tell me about it. Worst part is that, for once, Gabriel was actually behaving himself until Adrien went full retard. He just needed a moment to collect himself because he hates showing weakness in front of his son. Then, one retarded model's temper tantrum later, he decides to NOT take the night off from supervillainy.

I've heard rumors that the special was supposed to be one hour long (well, one hour broadcast syndicalization anyway) but they had to shorten it due to budget and deadline concerns. Has anybody else heard anything to that effect, or better yet actually has some confirmation one way or the other? If true, that's a bad sign of things behind the scenes.

>English name Santa Claws
>not going with Nasty Claus

Eh, there was nothing they could really do. The pun they were using only really exists in French, and the closest English pun didn't really work. It doesn't even make that much sense in-universe. Because Santa Claws is a homonym of Santa Clause, there is no way it should have been obvious that Hawkmoth had actually changed the name, given that he only speaks it and never writes it down. If we hadn't seen in spelled in the title, no one would have made the connection. They would have just assumed his name was Santa Claus and Hawkmoth wasn't even trying this time.

I mean that wasn't even the silliest part

Like your saying you wish that an emotional teenager with daddy issues would act logically in regards to his father

Meanwhile Ladybug is just a fucking idiot

Seriously, what if Adrien was just in the bathroom? Gabriel starts freaking out and foaming at the mouth and demanding they immediately set out to find his lost son; suddenly, they hear the toilet flush, followed by the sink going on as Adrien washes his hands before coming out to greet his father.

>"Sorry Dad, that piece of lettuce I had for lunch went through quicker than I thought it would."

Most. Awkward. Christmas. Ever.

learn to stitch photos better

but yeah that was pretty fucking hilarious

I can't wait for 4 super heroes who are all in the same class failing to figure out who each other are

I heard that as well but can't recall the source

It doesn't worry me the most, after all they are certainly taking their time with season 2 anyway, not to mention there are things that probably take up more time than they realized when first making it, like altering all their backgrounds to be winter themed

>implying Gabriel is Hawkmoth
>implying it's not Gabriel's brother or something

>being this stupid
come on man, they basically took a sledge hammer and bashed our head's in with the fact that Gabriel is Hawkmoth in the Simonsayz episode

then there was the stuff in his safe

I don't see why people don't want it to be him

But the Christmas special showed Gabriel and Hawkmoth/Papillon in two different places.

when?

So any word yet on when the webisodes are coming out?

bump for cute cinnamon roll

Three fucking times

It's true. It was originally supposed to be a double length special, but it came out as a rushed and almost incoherent mess.

Are you excited for the webisodes? I'm keeping expectations low, along with my expectations for the rest of the since it's obvious Zag cares more about merchandising and their mutli-show universe than the quality of the show. Astruc and the writers can only so so much with the reasources and deadlines they're given. [/Spoiler]

English ep links?

Then again, with how long they are spending on season two and the fact they are already working season 3 says that maybe it will be as good as Astruc promises. We can only hope.

Miraculous Subs apparently is having take down issues, but you can try there anyway.

Also if you have Netflix, the English is there.

Yo we are getting Captain Harlock? AWESOME!

miraculousubs.tumblr.com

had links to both french and english audio, I'm not sure which are having the take down issues

Netflix has the christmas special and will be getting all of it eventually but I don't think its uploaded yet, I had heard season 1 would be online in March and season 2 would be up in June

I think 3 clips have been released so far, I'm interested, the lip movements look off to me, like they are a bit lazy or something and since the clips are from the voice director the mostly focus on dialogue

but that bit, that you posted, with Alya looking smug and Marinette blushing looks great to me

I actually really like these designs so I'm hopeful, besides the webisodes will hopefully allow characters other than Marinette, Adrien or Alya to get some development because I would like to see them use the rest of the class more

January 31st 11:59:59 PM

Harlock (Albator) is VERY popular in France. Astruc had Harlock's ship as his Tumblr avatar before he shut it down, so it only makes sense they reference him some how

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Most people are excited because they think these will be a good vehicle for character development and slice of life shenanigans which are basically glossed over or just used as an excuse for akumatization in the show proper. I think it says something that everyone considers the superhero stuff to be a distraction in a superhero show. Except Chat Noir's sexiness. Which is the whole reason anyone cares about the show in the first place. If these end of being the slice of life plots from the show minus the superhero stuff I don't think people will be happy. Because then what's the point of these things?

I would say that people don't dislike the superhero stuff, but its all really a back drop for enjoyable characters

we want more about the characters, we care about Adrien and Marinette and we wanna know more about them and their friends

It will also be nice to watch things being a bit less formulaic, I don't mind formulas but I think Miraculous didn't break from it often enough and didn't do enough with it

>male models are supposed to be constantly gaining weight and working out
>female models are jealous of this fact, cuz they miss dining on a blt everyonce in a while.

But yeah. Its stupid as fuck. I honestly would have perfered a typical lets help the needy plot.
>Ladybug attacks a man for no reason.
>no one questions how she even knew

ADULT male models are supposed to gain weight. In particular ways and in particular amounts.
ADOLESCENT male models are supposed to look like girls without breasts and with boyish faces.
Adrien's got another year or two of starvation diets to go. Assuming he actually bothers (this is completely voluntary and he is just trying to help his father cope with the recent family loss. Still, I'm glad you caught the stupid "hurr durr get it, he's a model!" joke I used.

Gabriel Agreste is obviously Hawkmoth but how did he get across town and into costume in the 20 seconds between Simon Says seeing him via video link and then outside the room

And why would his master plan be to jump off a roof

Juleka best girl and there really is no denying it

Things clearly went wrong that episode

That was kind of the point, he even notes to himself how risky it would be to send Simonsayz after Gabriel

of course things worked out for him, because what he really wanted was a chance to get a look at the miraculous in person, which directly leads to him discovering Adrien is Chat at the end of the episode

also if I recall when he is on the video call its a bit of a close up we can't really see anything other than him, he might have been in Hawkmoth's lair already, I mean he was clearly attempting to upset this person to Akumatize him

Honestly to me the biggest proof that Gabriel is Hawkmoth is the formula break, the only time Hawkmoth doesn't have a short rant following his Akuma's defeat is after Simonsayz, because he is on the roof, nearly killing himself

It's not entirely clear if the Hawkmoth Lair is in another part of Paris. All evidence points to it being in the Agreste Mansion connected to Gabriel's Office. The fact that the Akuma Release scene that shows up in every episode appears to take place on the other side of town just seems to be an inconsistency.

the other side of town based on what?

I'm not terribly familiar with the lay out of Paris although its my understanding that the area in which the characters live is none existent impossible neighborhood anyway, the way it relates to the various monuments is literally physically impossible

Is this series good?

>Is this series good?
yes

>will you like it?
depends on what you like

Based on the fact that the Eiffel Tower is in the horizon (implying that Hawkmoth's lair is a couple kilometers away from the fictional arrondissement the show takes place in) in the scene where an akuma butterfly is released. You know, the stock scene that happens in every episode. Except, Agreste mansion is right next to the Eiffel Tower. So, if Gabriel is Hawkmoth, and his lair is in the mansion, then the scene with the akuma being released is inconsistent with the actual facts.

I don't think they live right next to the Eiffel Tower

If I recall most of the times they went there were after rather long chases, its not right there

Either way the clearly fictional city layout going on makes me reluctant to draw conclusions based on something like that

You can see the Eiffel Tower, err, towering over Adrien's backyard (or what passes for it). Go watch an episode that features the mansion, the Eiffel Tower is ridiculously close. The Agrestes live in the shadow of that thing.

hmmm your right

Still reluctant draw conclusions from this though, its a pretty easy error to make given that I don't think there is an canon layout to the city,

the Akuma flying off is reused stock footage so its easy to forget that sort of thing if your trying to keep the continuity straight, I would also note that this shot seems to have an hand drawn background totally different from the normal backgrounds.

and finally the shot of the Akuma flying toward the tower is an independent shot, we don't see it emerge from the window and get a reference to the distance from the window to the Tower, there is a cut as it exits and in the next shot we see the Akuma in reference to the Tower but no sign of the building or window, the Akumas might be taking a scenic route to make it harder to trace them back to the mansion

either way the stock footage doesn't make that much sense anyway under analyse because why is the Akuma always flying the same direction no matter where the victim is

I usually don't sperg over translations, but holy shit did that ruin the effect of that song.

Bother Christmas was such a better pun, too. You literally can't understand Santa Claws without seeing it written anyway.

What if Ladybug finds strong evidence that Gabriel is Hawk Moth and exposes him, ruining his reputation, and then it turns out he's not Hawk Moth as he then gets akumatized?

to be fair, maybe Gabriel faked it

Akumas seem to work even if he isn't transformed what's stopping him from just Akumatizing himself to deflection suspicion and see if he could manage to defeat them himself

That would be the most Ladybug thing ever. Then she finds out that Chat Noir is Adrien and he hates her forever now.

But seriously, Gabriel is Hawkmoth.

The layout of Paris is all wrong--all landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Ponte de Arts, Notre Dame, etc. all being near each other--for the sake of ease or animation. I remember Astruc mentioning in a tweet that he wants to fix this in the future.

The only reason you fucks watch this show is because you want to fuck a french catboy.

Who the hell wouldn't?

Not really, but I like it anyway

no, but it is a reason

Guilty as charged.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdVFLTbQuHE

Not gross pictures only please.

I really hope there is at least one harem episode next season where Ladybug, Queen Bee and Volpina (Alya) are all trying to get Adrien

No clothes is fine, but not gross art.

>basing an entire character and episode around a "homage" because you can't come up with an original concept
Ladybug was a mistake.

True dat. In my opinion they should just dump her and do the Chat Noir show instead.

I really wanna see Adrien and Marinette or any combination of the love square, sleeping together

Not having sex, no I want them to cuddle and sleep together, maybe even hold hands with fingers intertwined