Why does the first episode of Aqua Teen have a TV-MA rating on Adult Swim now? It was TV-PG before

Why does the first episode of Aqua Teen have a TV-MA rating on Adult Swim now? It was TV-PG before.

What was TV-PG then is TV-MA now

Because dancing is forbidden!

If that was the actual reason it would be amazing.

Really gets the noggin joggin

Probably just slapped MA on the whole series and don't care if it applies to every episode.

Is it even allowed to have different ratings by episode?

I doubt it. The most offensive part of the episode is the use of the word "ass".

Yes. Aqua teen episodes have always varied between pg and ma.

Never M?

It's because the fake series finale of Aqua Teen aired then a week later the "stealth" real series finale aired, under the guise of being a rerun of "Rabbot" the first episode (it was listed as being TV-MA, which was actually the rating of the finale).

For some reason, Adult Swim's rating system now has it marked as TV-MA, so each time it airs it has the TV-MA box in the corner.

What is M?

M is for Mature
MA is for Mature Audiences

Nah its TV-PG, TV-14, and TV-MA. And Aqua Teen has been all three.

I assume because when the pilot episode was aired, it aired as a stealth pilot with the Bark show and 2 other shows and they didn't want to get too intense with the comedy because kids may be watching.

But it was always tv-pg up until recently. There's no real objectionable content in it.

Isn't PG-13 a rating?
I don't understand america
Are there different ratings systems for TV and film? What happens when a movie is broadcast on TV?

Yes there are different ratings.
When a film is broadcast on tv it is edited. Network tv is controlled by the fcc so editing and ratings standards are much stricter. Basic cable has more freedom and is not regulated by fcc but still must bend to whims of advertisers and premium cable channels show things unedited and have no ads.

Film, TV and vidya all have different rating.
When a movie is broadcast it shows the tv rating.

Film has G,PG,PG-13 and R.
TV has Tv-PG (though it has it's own subcatagories of Y or Y7), TV-14 and TV-MA

>Tv-PG (though it has it's own subcatagories of Y or Y7)
No tv-y and tv-y7 are seperate categories. There's also tv-g.

I thought TV-PG was the designated rating for all children's programming? Nearly every Cartoon Network show has it and I don't know any non kids show rated TV-PG.

colored horses is Y-7, I'd imagine other shows that are for literal young children and toddlers is what Y and Y-7 are for

There are plenty of adult shows that are TV-PG. Cartoon Network TV-PG is much more restrictive than TV-PG on other networks.

I had wondered why they skipped it when they showed ATHF at 8 on Saturdays awhile back. Now I know

CN has a lot of mature themes in their shows, the only Y7 shows are Gumball and We Bare Bears.

Horse show is rated Y, yet surprisingly they can get a lot of stuff past the radar.

That's it.

They want to seem bad ass to the audience, the hardcore rap intro sells it