youtube.com/watch?v=__EGGFcNvKE
dailymotion.com/video/x60koa4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo#Folk_beliefs
youtu.be/QsXn9Rpd-KI
youtube.com/watch?v=QoABdaomlCE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Caption this image.

beans on toast

A Dalek, born to obey and serve its superiors, starts to question orders for the first time, this redesign really REALLY wasn't a good idea for the Dalek race.

>Nicholas Briggs taking over Big Finish from Gary Russell (2005, colourised)

kek that's a good one
You gotta wonder what was running through their minds

lym what would it take to get you to draw ship fanart of neo and mcganon

>Dalek Fred was uncertain about his commanders' new plan to infiltrate humanity by way of its sex toys.

Registering my interest for this as well

What would it take to get you to never post again?

What would it take to get you to filter posts that annoy you instead of complaining about them?

I'm the Master but probably not the one you were expecting.

A human sacrifice.

but seriously i'm not that good at art,
and I've certainly never drawn ship art before...
y-yeah...

NARDY

is life on mars any good? i've heard people say its good but also i've heard it has a really bad ending?

I mean it's only four minutes long, why not just watch it for yourself? youtu.be/v--IqqusnNQ

i meant the TV show

Can't help you there. I know it has a sequel show there so I guess the ending isn't too final.

>you didnt say no

alright, guess i'll just try it.

I hope it's kino and you enjoy it!

thanks neo

>no isaac newton companion
>no wacky 12 doctor adventures with Newton.

Newton! Splendid chap - loved a thumb war. He was on my squash team!

>1422 days between The End of Time Part 2 and The Day of the Doctor
>1425 days between The Day of the Doctor and now
>it's been longer since Tennant's last appearance than it has been between his regeneration and return
>people still want him to come back

>The Middle
IT JUST TAKES SOME TIME

thread theme youtu.be/oKsxPW6i3pM

Actual thread theme youtu.be/gGdGFtwCNBE

Is it true literally everyone in the UK knows this song and sings it regularly? I've heard that stereotype from multiple sources.

IM COMIN OUTTA MY CAGE

100%. At least in England.

I want a Doctor Who episode with a bunyip in it

youtube.com/watch?v=xRCKDb4Denw

I mean just look at this thing

My favourite part of the music video is fucking Eric Roberts inexplicably being there

>Edge namedropping Australian folklore
I used to want to be a cryptozoologist as a kid and go looking for bunyips, kek

What did you plan on doing if you found one...?

Also have you ever seen that thing in person because holy shit

Introduce myself!
Nah, it's like 16 hours away from me.

>Nah, it's like 16 hours away from me.
in the same country? what?

Good, I'd want to be as far away from this fucking thing as possible youtube.com/watch?v=__EGGFcNvKE

Kek, some cities are days away, if you're driving. Big country. Still a tiny bit smaller than the USA though, even not counting Alaska and Hawaii. But still - big. I got family a state away and it's a big pain having to fly up to visit.

Doesn't Canada have wendigos and shit?

Why does Day of the Doctor still feel so recent even though it was 4 years ago? God damn.

We sure do! Now THAT would be a fucking creepy Doctor Who episode. All set in the dead of winter, middle of the night. How would a good Wendigo episode go?

>no second chances, that's the kind of man I am now

is there a bigger dropped plot line in nuwho than that one?

what was ten's problem, he seemed to really get off on torturing the family of blood and he has a hilariously high body count

>I am going to destroy you now. It will be extremely painful
>You're a big guy
>For you
I'm sorry.

>>it's been longer since Tennant's last appearance than it has been between his regeneration and return
that's actually fucking wild
What are /who/'s favorite coincidences with Doctor Who release dates?

An Unearthly Child was released on November 23. Alien Bodies was released on November 24.

I pride myself in being quite resilient to horror things; wendigos are one of the only things that disturb me - utterly god tier cryptids. I might do a 2.5 with some.

Also that picture + the one of it coming out the lake are actually terrifying to me.

Wendigos are not okay, I'd read the fuck out of a shit trip if you wrote it, user.

Wendigo coming out of a lake? pic?

>being scared of anything
why?

Oh shit great idea, that could be proper scary.
He's a man who NEVER WOULD
They're genuinely disturbing. Hannibal did them excellently.
Watch Hannibal if you want oodles of wendigo horror

It's from Hannibal
Because it's got a weird uncanny valley quality and it looks more like a robot than a human. Besides, scared isn't the right word; it makes me physically uncomfortable like a severe itch or a pain under the skin.

This is just a dream. But very clever people can hear dreams. So, please, just listen. I know you're afraid, but being afraid is all right. Because didn't anybody ever tell you? Fear is a superpower. Fear can make you faster and cleverer and stronger. And one day, you're going to come back to this barn. And on that day you're going to be very afraid indeed. But that's okay. Because if you're very wise and very strong, fear doesn't have to make you cruel or cowardly. Fear can make you kind.

It doesn't matter if there's nothing under the bed or in the dark, so long as you know it's okay to be afraid of it. So, listen. If you listen to nothing else, listen to this. You're always going to be afraid, even if you learn to hide it. Fear is like a companion. A constant companion, always there. But that's okay, because fear can bring us together. Fear can bring you home. I'm going to leave you something, just so you'll always remember, fear makes companions of us all.

>this wakes you up in the middle of the night
What do?

I love that speech so much it almost physically pains me.
I highly highly recommend watching the workprint version, the music is kino. Yes, "Fear" in the actual episode is kino, but there's a different vibe to the workprint worth experiencing
dailymotion.com/video/x60koa4
Starts at 44:10
'The Doctor will save me, the Doctor will save me'

literally the only thing i've seen from this show is the ending and it seemed pretty good

AUGH

Offer the entire contents of my fridge and sex in return for my life. Their two main qualities are 'hungry' and 'insatiable greed'...so...

I'd almost say they're a little too graphic/terrifying for a dw episode, these horrible cannibalistic emaciated deer creatures stalking around in the snow during the dead of night

me on the left

why not just simply things and offer your ass

I support of a cyborg doctor

has anyone seen rtd's banana/cucumber/tofu thing? is it any good? might see it if it's on all 4

yeah most clubs i've been to have played it
it's like they're going HEY REMEMBER THIS CLASSIC but you hear it every week so i don't know why they're acting like it's special
just annoying really

the way its mixed in the workprint really triggers my amsr

From what I've read about Wendigo, they're not supposed to be outright evil creatures or "le ebin emaciated cannibals" but more of a sick joker - they can change into human form in some stories and get into groups of people and just scare them. For all intents and purposes, they're meant to be spirits/guardians of forestlands like a skinwalker who try to stop humans desecrating the local forest regions.

They're still godtier.

Yes. Cucumber and Banana are very, very good. Tofu is terrible. YMMV.

It's sure something

Wendigo v leshen
Who wins

Because I'm not into vore :^)

H-His what...?

Oh christ no they're horrifying little fuckers en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendigo#Folk_beliefs they are not nice

>tfw never played witcher because my rig is shit
I'll do it eventually, but on the basis of looks, I'd say that Leshen is cooler because they got that whole moss thing going on and it looks pretty good.

Post your aesthetically/personally favourite cryptids/urban legends in response to this.

Cucumber episode 6 is the best thing RTD has ever written. For me it probably singlehandedly redeems every piece of shit he's ever created, purely because of how jaw dropping it is in its ambition.

This is the bit where I confess I didn't actually watch the episodes leading up to it, only the last few afterwards, which were alright but not on the same level (6 is sort of its own mini plot within the larger series plot). I can probably say I would have been even more affected by 6 if I'd followed the whole series up to that point, but it recapped everything I needed to know to understand it.

The episodes of Banana I watched were 2, 4, 6, 7 and 8 (1, 2 and 8 are by RTD, the others are by various other writers). 2 was really nice and quintessentially RTD in the good way. The other few were alright, fairly interesting in their variety of subject matter, probably not absolutely essential.

Tofu is just like a mini documentary thing you don't need to watch that.

This is a more obscure one, not sure how well known it is, but I've always found it fucking horrifying. Everything about it unsettles me. Honestly legit monstrous.

is that the one involving a certain incident in a living room between two friendly men?
kek

Yes user, you cheeky so and so.

Tofu is indeed completely unnecessary.
Cucumber ep6 is indeed kino. I watched all the episodes leading up to it like a good boy and had no spoilers for anything - kino experience, wish you'd had the same!

To tie it into Doctor Who, pair them up with which Doctor you think would work best in a story with them?

Guys what are you talking about

I have to admit that I was shown that clip w/out even being told the context; completely took me by surprise.

Utter kino.

Wasn't this created by a child?

The original design was a kid who won a competition. They didn't follow his design to the letter, though. For example, in the original concept it was meant to be as big as a double decker bus, rather than some comedian in a fat suit.

Designed by one. He wanted it to be called the Elzorb in the end.
The last show RTD did, Cucumber/Banana/Tofu. A triad of 3 shows. Only 2 are necessary/good, the first two. Hard to really explain, it's kind of a drama following some gay men in England. Really good. Very RTD, but in a good way.

I love this trailer/scene from Cucumber
youtu.be/QsXn9Rpd-KI
It's absurd and hilarious. The guy slapping the bananas gets me laughing, then the ludicrous cucumber beating is just over the edge. I really fucking loved the editing of the show, it was so stylish, I wish RTD Who had been that kino.

I feel like if RTD had done a few more years as showrunner, we'd have seen a musical episode.

God I want one so bad

Huh, I didn't know that was the actual name of the show.

good lord the thumbnail

If you watch that video, you'll see why the show is named that!

OH GOD! OH MY GOD!!!

kek, didn't think it was just wholesome food names did you?

I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL TALKING ABOUT SOME WEIRD SANDWICH HE HAD COME UP WITH

Oh I'm sure there was a sandwich alright

WE GO ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND AGBAOBAGOABOGABO OBAMA

edge.............

pls just detonate the reality bomb desu I dont think I'll ever recover from this

what are your thoughts on Queer As Folk

>AGBAOBAGOABOGABO

I haven't seen it/know much about it but know Davies is involved

what are your thoughts on the title

Is Nilso here? I've got something really important I need to tell him and it concerns us all.

Yeah, I'm here.

t. Nilso

go to the other place

Tea, Lym?

Spotted some surprise Daleks which I felt gave me an excuse to link this.
Alan Moore's 'The Birth Caul' recording set to the illustrations by Eddie Campbell. youtube.com/watch?v=QoABdaomlCE

...Is it a play on words that I'm not getting

say it out loud