Rimba Racer

Can somebody clarify what this show is? There are a few instances of people mentioning it aired in some foreign countries back in 2014, and Sup Forums had exactly one thread about it back in 2015, but the YouTube channel and the facebook page are posting stuff as if its new and in development. Did the show actually air before, or has it just been in development all of this time?

youtube.com/watch?v=3K6_SlayVvE

youtube.com/watch?v=eFm-3t-UKAg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ls45n864IXs
rimbaracer.com/audition-may2015/
twitter.com/RimbaRacer/status/819829574049480704
voot.com/kids/characters/rimba-racer-e-/385985/it-s-good-to-be-the-king/382021
youtube.com/watch?v=5D7qpmVKH7Q
desuarchive.org/co/thread/77446250/
youtube.com/watch?v=3qKxWiFaz8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They posted this on New Year's Day, for example, and regularly post every few days. But the only videos I can find are 1-3 minute trailers. The stuff on the website seems to have been there for years. Despite all of this, and how seemingly obscure it is, the show has a decent amount of fan art. It's confusing me.

youtube.com/watch?v=ls45n864IXs

Don't know anything about it but it looks good.

In May 2015, they were looking to cast two new characters for season two. So season one must exist and it must have aired somewhere. That explains the art. But why can't I find any solid evidence of it existing?

rimbaracer.com/audition-may2015/

Check out their twitter apparently it just started airing on TV9. Looks like something that would do well on Netflix.

twitter.com/RimbaRacer/status/819829574049480704

But the previous Sup Forums thread had people saying it was already airing back in 2015. I think the show premiered years ago, but for whatever reason, it entered development hell during season two. They've been working on season two for a while, but plan to premiere it this year, which is why their social media is still actively posting. I assume season one is re-airing in order to re-build an audience for season two.

Yeah. I believe I'm right with that summary.

Where can I watch this?

Why hello there, several of my fetishes.

I don't know. An English dub exists - and the company only seems to promote the show in English - but nothing from season one can be found.

Voot has the episodes in English, but I can't even access the website due to geolocks that I can't bypass. Episodes are 20+ minutes long each, based on search results.

voot.com/kids/characters/rimba-racer-e-/385985/it-s-good-to-be-the-king/382021

English video from 2013 with various clips. It's like this show nearly fell off of the face of the earth. What happened to cause a four year gap between seasons?

youtube.com/watch?v=5D7qpmVKH7Q

For what it's worth, the voice acting for their season two stuff if a lot better than that video.

I'm getting acceleracers vibes from this, why the fuck did I never hear about this

The show flew under the radar pretty hard, evidently, likely due to it only airing in a handful of countries. The thread in 2015 had under 30 posts.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/77446250/

Holy that's some bad voice acting

I'm not sure why they made an English dub in the first place. I don't think it aired anywhere. But as I've said, they are trying to improve it. I won't say the new voice acting is great, but at least the main character doesn't speak in a low mumble.

youtube.com/watch?v=3qKxWiFaz8I

One more bump to see if anybody knows anything about it.

Man I try not to be furry but then they throw a secretary at me

As far as I know, it only airs in Malaysia but they're trying to get the show to air in other countries as well. Their youtube channel said they'll post season 1 "soon" but that has been like a year ago. So you're gonna have to wait friendo

that video is some student's assignment in sound design class tho so ofc its pretty bad

Then why do they promote the show exclusively in English? I very much doubt it's the official language of Malaysia. Who are they trying to promote the show to?

I can see this as a Netflix series. There usually down with stuff like this.

I'm guessing they're trying to promote to... everywhere in the world? Because English is an international language? Don't think too hard about it man. I'm pretty sure the reason is that simple.

_ _____ ____ ____ _____

Like the doe reporter, she doesn't have a video to promote season two since she isn't a racer. Don't even know what she sounds like.

Is this show any good? I've seen things about it but never saw the show itself.

Hard to tell with the episodes being MIA. It's safe to say the quality of the dub in season one was probably bad. But that doesn't mean the show itself was bad.

They seem to be putting a lot more effort into season two, but again, that may not translate into quality. Just have to wait and see.

Fuck it, one more bump. It's only been two years since the last thread. It'll probably be two more before anybody else digs this thing's grave up to see what it is.

Really not sure why she needs missiles. It's not Twisted Metal.