Let's talk about comic book theories and deepest lore Sup Forumsmrades. I'll start with pic related

Let's talk about comic book theories and deepest lore Sup Forumsmrades. I'll start with pic related...

Each Defender seems to have color as their theme. I'll break down each character in the following posts (1/5)

Psssstttt its a Hypercrisis thread too!

Red, purple, yellow and green? Wew deepest lore.

What happened to Hulk?

Jessica Jones doesn't even wear any purple

>Matt
>Red
For sure DD 1st season explained how Matt reflects the symbolism that red represents; anger, love, violence and passion. This scene was when he was in the art gallery with Vanessa.

Ben Urich also used a Jack of Hearts to represent Daredevil (more red, heart association). Matt like the Jack of Hearts who is shown with one eye, is often blinded by his emotions.

The card Jack of Hearts is also shown with a feather and an axe. I take this to represent not only Matt's dual life as a lawyer and a violent vigilante but also show how thin the line between red/heart separates anger and love. Both anger and love are intense emotions fueled by passion.

Matt is lead by his heart, this is why he is always trying to come to terms with his decision by going to confession. It is not cold logic that makes Matt put on the costume, quite the opposite his analytical mind often makes him give up being Daredevil. Its usually the priest and his half-time speeches that motivates Matt to the right thing.

Lastly, even Matt's powers can be seen as a metaphor for emotions/heart. He can't see and has to rely on "feeling" his surroundings.

>Jessica
>Pink/Indigo

The color reflects her experience with Purple Man. Pic also has the color blue which I think reflects Jessica Jone's innocence and her will to be a hero before Kilgrave made her the hard drinking cynic she shows to the world. The blue even looks heavenly and the way she's posed in the stairs might mean she's looking for salvation or redemption.

Purple is a mixture of red and blue. Like Matt she has strong emotions which makes her always standup for those he can't, be it for Patty or her neighbor. Yet the blue hear represents cold logic, which Jessica doesn't shy away from. Often using people to get what she wants, pushing her neighbor in the hospital to make a distraction so she can steal a drug to use on Kilgrave. Jessica manipulates people to further her needs and is not above lying or getting her hands dirty to protect others.

Jessica's superhero name was Jewel, a precious mineral in any culture. She gave that name after her experience with Kilgrave, signifying the loss of innocence. One could say the day her family died was when she really lost her innocence. I would argue against it, as Patty even said she use to smile more before Kilgrave.

Like a jewel, Jessica is made through pressure. Jessica has endured a lot of loss and pain but in the end it has made her a strong woman. Even her powers and strength matches that of Luke's. Like any jewel, Jessica attracts obsession from others, examples are Kilgrave or her neighbor upstairs.

>Danny
>Green
My guess is that green might represent mystery that Iron Fist represents with his Eastern philosophy and maybe even reflect Jade, as it is an important gem in Chinese culture. Danny can represent wisdom and the protective side found in Jade. Danny's green theme is also a representation of his dragon motif as well.

The Chinese Dragons represents power and good omen, something Danny might be representing in the series. Dragons also signify the celestial or heaven, which Danny represents by coming from the magical city of K'un-lun.

Green is also the color of nature. Danny was raised outside technology influence. Depending on how they write Danny, he might be the wielder of magical forces bent on protecting the earth from ancient evil.

Green is can also be the color of mystery. The mystery around Danny's origins and his powers are obvious.

Jade is represented by 5 virtues; benevolence, righteousness, wisdom, brave and honesty-clean. I think the tv series will highlight these qualities for Danny. I see him tending to be silent and when he does speak it will be either a confusing proverb "Like crane, one must flip crab on its back" or reveal deep wisdom about a certain situation. Pretty much Silent Bob.

or maybe it's just the color of their costumes

>Luke
>Yellow/Gold

I'll be honest, I haven't seen Luke Cage series yet so this might be my weakest theory but here goes...Luke is represented by gold. His superpowers is shown as the strength of gold. His sleeping around is shown tempting properties of gold.

Its not only women Luke attracts but criminals as well. He lives in poor areas of town where people turn to crime for money. Luke represents standing up against crime culture and instead becoming an honest man. He shows how money made through crime well never help a community and only fattens the greedy.

Luke is the ideal of a self-made man, the alchemic man or philosopher's stone turned to gold.

Yellow could be during the Jones series as he was always avoiding trouble and hiding his true power. He has since grown out of this motif and embraced his hero side.

I like Danny's one.

>Dragons also signify the celestial or heaven
>Danny is the only one elevated and looking down

>I haven't seen Luke Cage series

Good job idiot

Did I get anything wrong with my assumption? The floor is your's user, feel free to contribute to and add to the discussion.

Maybe right, crazy theory here... but maybe its because the colours of their costumes.

>but maybe its because the colours of their costumes.
True though Jessica doesn't wear a costume let alone a purple one.

Writers play off the color theme or hypercrisis theory is the characters are alive and influence their creator's decisions like color costume.

But she got Purpled

>Jessica doesn't wear a costume let alone a purple one

Just a friendly reminder that you are on Sup Forums.

lt's terrible team composition to have a group who's powers are punch people, punch people super-hard, punch people super-hard, and punch people super-hard.

With the DCEU trinity, you at least have blunt/piercing/slashing damage.

Superman with the neck-snappering, Batman shooting people, and Wonder Woman cutting them in half.

her jewel costume had purple. and i'd love to see her ass and camel toe in it.

It's fucking super heroes.
Not everything has a deeper meaning.

Niiiiiiicccceee

The costume she wore as Jewel in the comics was white, blue and purple.

very true

Is Twink Fist gonna put on some more muscle or what? He doesn't look like he could punch his way out of a paper bag.

Stop using words if you don''t know what they mean. Hemsworth is the twink of the MCU.

So no one finds it weird not one Defender has mentioned Spider-Man? I know it's one way canon but it's getting more distracting considering Pete is still a street level hero based in NY

No, because it's two different universes. Same reason why they never mentioned hulks rampage in harlem in luke cage.

How the fuck is Hemsworth a twink the dude is 6'3".

And he's built like a fucking twink. Have you never seen him outside of his "thor" role? Even as "thor", he's built like an otter, and that's him supposedly bulked up.

>Le "it's not canon" meme
It's one way canon, meaning shit happening in the movies affect the Netflix series, and never the other way around

But they mentioned Hulk rampage in Harlem in Daredevil season 1. It was a newspaper headline in Ben Urich's office

YOU need to stop using words you don't understand. How the hell is Hemsworth a "Twink"?

I was against Iron Twink at first, but it actually does work for Danny.

I'm here for Iron Cutie.

How did this thread derail so hard about what a twink is?

this one tripped me out

The thread did stop for a bit.

>Also, because some people don't seem to know what a Twink is.

any theories on what the fuck is going on with the plot? I thought the hand originally because of stick's grumpy ass but sigourney just shits all over that.

Cage has never worn a costume.

Is she the leader?

>white person leading an ancient Japanese ninja cult
On the other hand...
>aforementioned white person is Sigourney Weaver
Oh boy. Which direction will Tumblr choose?

i looked into the chronology. daredevil s1/jessica jones s1/daredevil s2/luke cage s1 all happen in 2015. the wiki has parker getting bitten by the spider the day after luke fucks misty.

im assuming the IGH was involved in matts blindness, jessica's powers, and lukes powers somehow. sigourny is CEO of IGH, and sells the product to Nuke's (totally not Weapon Plus) program. and the company is probably a subsidiary to RoXon, and by proxy the hand. maybe the IGH formula is a derivative of the hands magic revive juice. idk how iron fist's plot is involved yet.

the netflix timeline hasnt caught up to the current place in the movies. plus he's brand new, and still just in queens. he's not in Manhattan yet, so their paths wouldnt have crossed.