Nickelodeon is planning to destroy the coral reef with their Underwater theme park to honor Spongebob

Nickelodeon is planning to destroy the coral reef with their Underwater theme park to honor Spongebob

money.cnn.com/2017/01/11/news/nickelodeon-philippines-underwater-theme-park/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7j2uYJYrP_Q
variety.com/2016/tv/global/viacom-to-develop-first-nickelodeon-theme-park-in-middle-east-1201934370/
hollywoodreporter.com/news/viacom-breaks-ground-first-nickelodeon-resort-china-960677
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck, I really hope they reconsider this.

>Philippines
Nutshack them park when

They're using him? FOR LAND DEVELOPMENT!?

That wasn't nice...

Poor Spongebob

FuckNickelodeon

>An underwater theme park.
>In the Phillipines.

That just asking for a terrorist attack.

>Philippines
What the fuck did you expect from a bunch of pretentious, ignorant, self-absorbed, stupid retards and their ironic "Filipino Pride".

They don't even know the difference between a "Beanie" and a "Bonnet". Obviously if you correct them they get pissed.

I have always loved spongebob, but I hope the reconsider destroying that coral reef. Let it live pls
Yes theyre using him for LAND DEVELOPMENT

Duturtebots incoming.

This. Imagine the honor the park would bring to the Philipino people.

Huh?

I've always thought Nick was incompetent, but not evil.

well they are owned by viacom

Fuckyounick

That and they buy loads of Chinese/Filipino bootlegs of Gunpla and other model kits.

That would be both glorious and shameful at the same time for the Filipinos.

But all hilarious.

And Filipinos flip-flop between speaking perfect English, speaking with a thick Indian accent, or speaking Engrish similar to most other East Asians.

Yes, the Internet's mortal enemy.

Also, if there are no more available seats on their re-purposed jeeps, which are like their cheaper buses, they ride on the top Mad Max-style.

And my Filipino friend is actually going on a protest against Nick's theme park.

I will feel sorry for the Philippines if this does happen.

Who cares?

youtu.be/7j2uYJYrP_Q

Spongebob will be thre breaking point that will send us to war with the East.

Nickelodeon plz stahp

Fact: Filipinos are the most powerful people in the world.

Why don't you have adblocker, user?

>Wanting to fuck up any piece of aquatic land
>doing for 2008+9 spongebob
>when an unstable man is running the country
This is retarded even for nick execs

FuckYouNick

This really isn't Sup Forums related because all it says is Viacom is bad news all around and that's like saying water is wet

But it has Nick in it, so, fuck off

>Underwater themepark
What?
>Requires the destruction of the coral reef
What??

What the fuck is going on at Nick are they just bored out of their skulls or something?

No you

As a themepark goer, I can see the appeal of constructing a park in such an exotic locale, though I personally wouldn't be interested in a Spongebob theme.

But I absolutely think that any interest I'd have in patronizing the development wouldn't be worth the threat to the environment or disrupting the locals.

I thought that the line for real world fuckery on the part of Spongebob Squarepants was drawn at that dead girl getting a ridiculous giant effigy of him as her tombstone, but this is a whole new level.

What's so special about some stupid coral reef?

well why don't they use their filipino powers to stop nick?

I'm more surprised Nick has money to build a theme park. I never really thought they'd have the money to throw around to do something like this.

When will CN build one?

This. Oh no, some fish will die, such a fucking tragedy. I really fail to see the problem here

>tfw the Flips stole the RWBY theme song and used it for their opening choeragraphed dance performance in a New Years ceremony that was watches by tens of millions of people
Fuck I actually hope Rooster Teeth sues them so that Duterte invades Texas

So, is there no way to build a sealab style tourist attraction without fucking up the environment? That sucks. That was one of my top things I was looking forward to about living in the future.

>Look it up
>It's real
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS REALITY

ARE WE IN THE BAD FUTURE

What?. Prove it.

This thing is such a mess. I feel bad for everybody else involved with that cemetery.

If SeaOrbiter ever gets off the ground, we'll at least be taking greater steps towards floating cities.

Yeah, and they always steal music from other shows (usually anime and vidya) like: Studio Ghibli films (which is weird since the Ghibli films weren't officially released in the Philippines outside of bootlegs), Square Enix games, Nintendo games, Castlevania, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Shrek, How to Train your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, Naruto, Gundam, Evangelion, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online, yeah, this list is pretty long.

And yes, I am not kidding. They actually used the soundtrack to fucking Shrek. Too bad they didn't play All-Star.

And if they are really lazy, they just take an instrumental/karaoke version of a popular song and use it as the background music, sometimes even looped sloppily.

They don't want to.

>I never really thought they'd have the money to throw around to do something like this
The international portion of the company is pretty loaded. They're also wanting to build a theme park in China and Dubai.

variety.com/2016/tv/global/viacom-to-develop-first-nickelodeon-theme-park-in-middle-east-1201934370/

hollywoodreporter.com/news/viacom-breaks-ground-first-nickelodeon-resort-china-960677

I don't know what they're doing, but they're doing it.

>All-Star
WTF I hate Flips now

>All those poor sea animals will fucking die

They should've played All-Star because of meme magic.

I was going to post a Petition to help you save those Fish but Sup Forums hates Petitions

Oh no, some fucking fish will die. Who cares about goddamn fish?

Someone will disappear if the Coral Reef is destroyed

The whole fucking point of the show was because the creator was a huge weeb for sea life and wanted to expose kids to his love of weird sea creatures with humor. This is like making an adventure time theme park where they actually try to make a coherant structure for the theme and not just get lost in pretentious art and drama half way through.

people who lives near the ocean care more about fish than people who don't have to rely on fish for a majority of their food. Yes I'm implying fish are only good for food not friends.

thats like saying who cares about rice

I don't mean to be that one cynical faggot, but we can't do anything about this.
Petitions don't work.

No, not really. What do we really lose with some colorful animals dying?

Yeah but a lot of the fish that'd die here are ones nobody eats anyways. Besides, there's always enough fish in the sea to feed us. Kill most of them? Breed more. We can do it with rice, with cows, and with fish

literally asian mexicans

Maybe on a global and long term scale, but the local fishermen's livelihood would really be threatened here what with the fucking up the whole ecosystem, not to mention all the other nuisances that come with the change in landscape and economy on the locals' lives. I know I have a few reasons I wouldn't want a theme park put up in my backyard, and I already live in a relatively urban environment. I can't imagine the impact it would cause to more rural dwelling people.

Who cares about some fucking backwater Filipinos. They could probably get jobs at the park or some shit. Plus r brings tourism to the area so that gives jobs

Maybe they like the jobs they have. Most of the sources I've read seem to indicate the people living there aren't too happy about this.

>who cares about the environment
>who cares about the ecosystem
>who cares about the reef
>who cares about fish
>who cares about those people

May I ask, is there anything at all you do happen to care about?

They're fishermen who have simple, peaceful lives. The last thing they probably want is a big, loud theme park full of shithead Americans swooping in all the damn time.

Shut up, greedy cartoon business man

I wouldn't trust you with land development, or anything else.

I care about my interests, and frankly I think an amusement park there is better than some dumb fish
Why? Because I don't care about goddamn fish?
Again, who cares what some backwater shits have to say? Not like they can do anything

>Underwater theme park
What could possibly go wrong?

>feeling bad for Flips

Is that the Lightspeed Aquabase?

Who's this cum plum?
Yeah I know she's from Batman:TAS but which episode?

You're a petty selfish and shallow person. I think the real question anyone should be asking is who cares about what you think. Like, what kinda guy wants a shitty Spongebob amusement park anyway?

>tfw merch-marine fag and my ship is anchored in P.I. right now

is there anything I can do to help stop this?

P.I. has natural resources and it's already suffered enough with pollution

In order to build shit, you need clear land (or in this case sea) to build on. The only real difference is that the ocean is already pretty fucked up, and people don't want to fuck it up more for trivial nonsense.

It's the one with that creepy adult Loli who becomes evil due to nobody hiring her ass in showbiz no more.

That chick in the pic is her bodyguard who nearly karate-kicked Batman's shit out. Dunno her name ATM

What has Duerte or whatever his name is even done other than not suck Obongo's schlong?

You think that's bad? I just got news CN is making a Teen Titans Go amuesment part that stretches over the skies, over all of America, and some of it travels underground to other continents, raising up out of the ground destroying random homes in the UK, Australia, Germany, China, Russia, everywhere. It's a world we need to GO away from now.

>What has Duerte or whatever his name is even done other than not suck Obongo's schlong?
Go read up about his little "war on drugs", user. The dude is batshit insane.

>Again, who cares what some backwater shits have to say? Not like they can do anything
>Why? Because I don't care about goddamn fish?

I'm stationed in Subic Bay right now and most of the city's folk are poor and fishing is how they sustain themselves and their families

not to sound like a crunchy liberal "c-word" that's popular to meme now, but I'm sure you wouldn't like it if some "entrepreneurs" said "fuck you" to your livelihood so they can add more money to their already bloated accounts just so they feel like the "top dogs of the food chain"

Specially if it's to build a tacky theme park about a character that post-millenials hardly care about.

All the coral reefs are going to be gone in a couple of decades anyway, Earth's environment is in a complete nosedive and we're still adding more thrusters to the back. Even if we stopped all harmful emissions and practices immediately, the damage done is probably irreparable. It's far, far too late for anybody to be trying to save a fucking coral reef.

I still remember the last fight in Lightspeed being some fucking insane shit to watch as a kid

Have you considered

>"Why don't we take this amusement park idea, and build it somewhere else"

that idea might just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED

The UK has Nickelodeon Land, which is part of another theme park.

I thought the same too. Build it in the US or a rich country in Europe or Asia (Japan, South Korea) but thing those country are populated by RICH people who can afford lawyers who'll likely bankrupt them in a class-action lawsuit by angry wine-swilling pseudo-liberal nimbys and radicool college hippies.

Phillipines is poor so they can't fight back.

Who would think destroying a reef to build a themepark is a good idea in this day and age?
It'd be a PR nightmare right from the start.

>TITO'S DICK DICK SLIDE BABY

I turn it off on Sup Forums. The ads aren't invasive and Gook seems like a cool guy.

Probably never, it'd cut into Vigilante Land's profits.

Ask an Irishman "Who cares about potatoes?"

I'm sure a poor state like Missouri or Kansas would happily give an entire county to Viacom to build a theme park

Look on the bright side, user. The suffering will be over soon. Take solace in the fact that you were born too late to change the course of fate, and cannot be held to account for the sins of your fathers.

People just keep wanting entitlements and breeding. It's fucked no matter how much rich white people try to warn us.

Mass Maritime?

Calendar girl?

I'm sure Sup Forums could raise support for that.

Edgy. It's not like some people's livelihood depends on fish or anything.

Actually the fishing ressources are seriously depleting.

That sounds like a damn good excuse to not care, but that's about it.

You wish. The shores of France are being destroyed by sandniggers to make artificial islands in Dubai because their own sand is, ironically, shit.

Exactly. Why pretend that we even give a fuck anyways? Just build the damn park

>remember the cartoon about aquatic sealife
>let's kill aquatic sealife so you remember

Why are humans hellbent on destroying everything beautiful in the world and fucking over ourselves in the long run for basically no reason?