TBS to make new push into Animation, beginning with Louis CK series "The Cops"

>The Cops, which will air on TBS, stars C.K. and the great Albert Brooks as two Los Angeles patrolmen trying their best to protect and serve, sometimes failing at both. Greg Daniels (The Office) will executive produce.

>“We have made the bold decision to put Louis C.K., Albert Brooks, and Greg Daniels at the forefront of what is going to be a serious push into animated comedy for TBS in 2018,” said Brett Weitz, executive vice president of original programming for TBS. “I only hope these newbies know what they’re doing.”

>TBS will add The Cops to its burgeoning animated slate that includes ex-Fox series American Dad, the upcoming series Tarantula (a dark comedy about the residents of a seedy hotel), and interstellar comedy Final Space.

ew.com/tv/2017/01/14/louis-ck-animated-cop-comedy-tbs/

What does the C.K. stand for?

CucK

>The Cops
how imaginative

why do people think that animating shitty sitcoms is a good idea?

the dumb adults who like sitcoms will think its kiddie cause its animated

the adults who actually like animation probably won't like it because it will be poorly animated

so your only real crowd is like the Family Guys fanbased, who don't think being animated makes something kiddie but probably couldn't tell that Snow White and Zootopia were animated in different styles

So basically "Louie", but animated, and Louie is a cop. He will encounter a lot of awkward situations and handle it with the grace of an uncaring, overweight, middle-aged man.

I don't know who Albert Brooks is, but I'm pretty sure I already figured out 80% of the show.

You can't go in there. Your father is dead.

>only real crowd is like the Family Guys fanbased
that's the point. They want Family Guy money

1 season and then TBS remembers the only decent original show they'll ever have is Conan

Not even that, it's going to focus on completely shitting on the rule of law and push his feminist BLM agenda. Not even Sup Forumsing, he's gone completely off the deep end lately.

>Conan
>original
kek

>Not even Sup Forumsing

I never really took CK as a feminist or BLM activist. Don't even know where the cuck memes came from.

Where are you (or Sup Forums) getting this information from?

>being pro BLM is being anti rule of law

Think you have that backwards son, favoring the rule of law would mean actually holding cop to current legal standards when they randomly shoot people

Cop Killer

>being pro domestic terrorism is being pro established law

>he's gone completely off the deep end lately.
What do you mean?

He was the bad guy in Drive

A friend told me once that Louis was a comedian. I still don't believe him.

I'm kind of interested. I just hope it doesn't look fucking ugly.

>I'm such a disgusting, miserable fuck! Also SEX AND MASTURBATION! Hahahaha!

Louis C.K.'s entire stand-up routine in a nutshell.

But Ryan Gosling is the bad guy

And yet he's considered one of the greatest

>two Los Angeles patrolmen trying their best to protect and serve, sometimes failing at both
Will they include the episode where they're so afraid of running into a big, burly, black man ex-cop ex-mil cop-killer that they panic and shoot up a pick-up truck of the wrong make and color with two Mexican ladies inside?

you're a retarded person

Why is that?

Probably because he only reads lists that he can get indignant about.

This will probably be better than I expect but I wish "a new push into Animation" was more about action cartoons.

Like the moment I saw TBS and animation I thought my god what I wouldn't give if TBS made its return into wrestling by making a sorta-serious animated wrestling show. Or SOMETHING.

And TBS and CN are under the same umbrella company right? Are CN people gonna be involved in this? Why is TBS wanting cartoons all of a sudden when that's CN's game?

The guy made a joke about white people getting raped as a community as a form of karmic justice in one of his specials, and some other liberal-slanted jokes.
This triggered Sup Forums because racist humor is only okay if it's not about white people.

The other greatest include
>george carlin, who really wanted to be a philosopher so bad
>richard prior, who pointed out that black people be funky while while people be honkeys
>bill hicks, who boldy took a stance of enjoying drugs and yelling

What if you stopped getting upset at everything? Would you die?

Székely

I think your problem is that you don't enjoy stand-up comedy. Or that you have such low self-esteem that you lash out at anybody who would dare attempt to share their thoughts, feelings and opinions in front of a live audience.

Calm down, Louie

BIG

>implying it'll even make it to air

Dude locks women in the room with him and jerks off in front of them.

To be fair a lot of Carlin's later years were spent pontificating about stuff in a humorous tone rather than actually doing comedy.

Louis CK has always bothered the shit out of me, long before he became the "greatest ever" he is today

He always annoyed the shit out of me, he comes off as such a pretentious faggot who sniffs his own farts who throws in dirty words to get the edgy audience but he's not really that guy, he's actually a pussy

>not knowing Albert Brooks
Do you even Hank Scorpio?

Cool

>The guy made a joke about white people getting raped as a community as a form of karmic justice in one of his specials

What the actual fuck? Are you implying that this is okay?

>I don't know who Albert brooks is

This is going to be 90% of the thread and thus a terrible thread.

Al is a god tier comedy writer.

Brian regan is a national treasure, people can enjoy some things and not enjoy other things.

He totally bought into the SJW rape hysteria.

Dino is producing it. He and Albert brooks are good friends, actually.

And starburns is doing the animation, but I don't know who's the lead on the art, my guess would also be Dino? It's kind of as much his project as Louis/Al's.

100% chance TBS' animated shows will be trying to emulate the Adult Swim spirit. The result will be some good shows, some awful shows, and ultimately nothing truly great. I know Mike Lazzo gets shit on nonstop, but the fact that it's ultimately one man in charge with a clear vision and passion for his channel makes it work. Lazzo actually watches all of adult swim's content and only puts on shows he personally likes, he puts himself before the audience, which sounds selfish, but it's why the channel fucking works.