Dishonesty in motion

Dishonesty in motion
>actors can't act with any chemistry lol millenials love them!
>can't fucking sing or dance
It's like a live action disney film without anything good, no good music, no good sound.

Do you think /ourboy/ goose slayed that pusy?

He's more interested in legos than women

>make a musical
>none of the songs are memorable
What went wrong?

He doesn't think he is worthy of being loved.

Special needs Sup Forumseenagers strike again with another shit thread.

Why did this dishonest meme start?

I enjoyed the film. That dance scene was a very artful depiction of a lusty post-party fuck on a park bench.

This movie sucked, but "dishonest" is a pleb, incoherent. criticism. See pic related for literal dishonesty in a film, which or may not be artistically justified.

Only females in their 20's and early 30's liked the movie. Ask any guy if they like it.

>Ask any guy if they like it.

I like it.

Yeah I remember seeing this dishonest meme starting a week or two after it came out. Why did it start and why was it considered dishonest?

People replied angrily to people saying that it was "dishonest filmmaking" so it just stuck.

If you can't enjoy this film you're probably dead inside.

It came from a particular review and became a meme, similar to the Force Awakens being called a "glib facsimile."

One autist

I think it means artistically dishonest, in the sense that chazelle is being pretentious, trying too much to be something instead of just doing it. it reveres past times as a homage but it only really fuels his ego and that of hollywood worshipers and people who want to be cult and "in the know".
It presents a magic world but it's not brave enough to be actually magical, instead it has that millenial cynicism and self referential quips. It's a normal movie which stops every now and then for a song.
I'm not good to articulate myself but that's mostly how I feel about it

That's not dishonest. I agree with a lot of what you said, but it doesn't make it dishonest, and even if it did, it's not like people assume that angle, but instead just parrot it because it's a popular criticism of the movie.

GLIB FASSISMILE

It's like a really gay version of Badlands.

I think everything I said makes him dishonest, for me filmmaking like this it's a flaw of character. He's corrupting everything that's been established in the medium with a feel good, everyone-pleasing make up to win a couple of awards and be considered the last true artist who remembers and reverences the good ol' hollywood days. It's incredibly ego stroking and I hate it.
>it's not like people assume that angle, but instead just parrot it because it's a popular criticism of the movie
yeah I know. The posters are shit and stain the image of anyone who dislikes the film, but just because it's a copypasta doesnt make it less true. It's sad because dishonest hacks will keep getting away with it because calling them out will make you a brain dead memester

No, that doesn't make him dishonest. Just because somebody is pretentious, or pursues an angle that isn't sufficiently established by the film itself, or whatever, doesn't make him dishonest. Fargo is literally dishonest: making a statement of fact that is false, expecting the audience to believe it.