Voltron: Only 6 days to go thread

Old thread was archived, may it rest in pieces.

Post toppest art of Keith, Pidge and Lance.

Post more Zarkon family shenanigans.

Our toys have been selling fast, also they moved them to the end cap where they're more visible and placed Netflix subscription cards alongside them.

All I can find are the shitty non transforming lions. I hope my stores restock soon.

user, plz fix the angle of this shot. The horizontal shot of a toy stand hurts my eyes.

So what if Zarkon isn't tracking them through Shiro's arm or Black? What if he's just tracking Shiro. Sendak said Zarkon broke him right? So what happened when he got rebuilt?

Which lion has been selling the fastest, do you know?

Zarkon brought Keith to parent teacher night once and Lotor didn't talk to him for a month. Keith ended up pulling a Basic Instinct with Lotor's homeroom teacher and made everything awkward.

I still think Shiro being the mole is too easy, but that could set up some nice Shiro rescuing.

So close I CAN TASTE ITTT

>Voltron toys are selling well

Looks like Netflix got a another winner on their hands.

I want to see more of VLD Zarkon and DotU Lotor together. I really hope Lotor appears in the upcoming season and keeps his cruel arrogant backstabbing charm and evil prince of space looks. None of this reimagined shit, I want him cut and pasted into this setting and for it to just work. Is it too much to ask?

Placing my bet on red.

Even the kids know who the true best boy is.

Blue boy is the most fun.

Well it was a no brainer to be honest. Dreamworks has been smashing it with investing into netflix and so far all of their shows have been massive hits.

I think Voltron's success is aided by the fact they got the studio behind avatar to do it which IMO was the best choice for a cartoon like voltron. I kind of wish they had more episodes per season but i think after watching trollhunters i realise that the 13 ep seasons work much better story wise.

That's a good Lance pic. I'm keeping that.

They basically had a built-in audience with the Avatar crowd.

First for vietnamese Keith.

He's Korean.

I bet they play tussle a bit before fucking.

Girly Pidge

Kogane?

Boyish Pidge

It's complicated.

Oh is it now?

Vietnamfags and Koreafags btfo when Keith turns out to be Galra Japanese.

Yeah.

Just because he's popular with the Koreans doesn't mean he's actually Korean.

Popularity's got nothing to do with it. You think Lance is Cuban because he's popular in Cuba?

Lance was actually confirmed Cuban though.

Would he be less popular with the Koreans if they confirmed him to not be Korean?

I doubt it. No one sperged out when Lance got confirmed Cuban despite everyone and their cat making him Mexican in their AO3 fics. I think apart from the potential Galra thing, no one'd really blink an eye unless they went waaaay off-field and dumped the 'east Asian' thing altogether; a Finnish Keith would probably incite a riot.

tell me why some fags are triggered by his last lame being "McClain." they say it's not canon but I recall his whoe name being displayed on a screen in the show, next to pidge's fake name and Hunk's last name.

>Finnish

How would that be even possible without Psylocke body switching?

People don't want to admit the show is set in a racially mixed future and Lance could have an Irish or Scottish heritage great grandfather who emigrated.

Keith's purple eyes just ain't normal. So I've been going with the he's part alien crowd.

Finnish people look asianish with the eyes.

Everyone is so convinced he's Eastern Asian like light skin and dark hair couldn't possibly be anything else.

I've been trying to process that myself. The sticker seems to be pic related, where the clearly not-white dad has what some purport to be a clearly white surname. Their beef seems to be that if Lance is Cuban then he should have a Latino surname. The problem is that not everyone from Cuba has a Latino surname even today, much less in a future that might be fully globalized, there are enough Cubanos living in other places that they've taken non-Latino surnames, so it's casually racist to assume Lance is somehow LESS Cuban because he doesn't have an "appropriate" surname. I won't even go into the sexist aspect of assuming that they picked the mom's surname for the family instead of the dad's, because that's a thing that also happens today.

Anyway, they're idiots and his last name was shown as McClain, so McClain it is and they can take their gripes and fuck themselves with them.

People can be so silly.

His granddad was Scotch Irish and married into a big Latino family. His father took his grandfather's surname and he took his father's. Which is motherfucking McClain. Shit, that wasn't hard at all.

Fucking "muh heritage" fags I swear to God. People have circumstances, you friggin' dopes.

I grew up with a kid who took his dad's surname while his (full) brother took his mom's surname. I also know a couple who frankensteined both their surnames into a new surname for their kid, though it sounded awful. These kids clearly don't get out of their small towns much if they think dad's surname is the only way to go.

>we're so happy a non-Caucasian is getting representation in a cartoon, but---
>---he's not non-Caucasian enough because his last name isn't culturally appropriate

No fucking pleasing people, I swear.

He gets a pretty sweet tartan if grandpa was Scottish too.

I'd bet on Black, it's got the wings and it's the leader.

>I also know a couple who frankensteined both their surnames into a new surname for their kid, though it sounded awful.
That sounds almost as bad as this girl I know who's first name is a portmanteau of her parents' first names. Daneesha.

And a coat of arms.

>Daneesha
KEK

It's also more expensive than the others.

You know, I've never seen a piece of art with Lance in a tartan. DRAWFAGS!! MAKE THAT HAPPEN!!

Make that Lance in full Highland dress with tam and ghillie brogues. He would probably get behind the no underwear thing.

Guess I'm not surprised. I wonder what kids think of the show, you know who their favorite paladin is and all that.

Seconded.

Playing golf.

The Cuban McClain loves him some golf.

If he's true Scottish and not a tourist, he'd be wearing trackies while playing golf with only two clubs on the public course, swigging from a bottle of White Lightning between rounds.

Lance got to get his swag on.

Lance could never hope to be this swag.

He could try.

Lance aspires to have a darkwood and leather study where he can sip fine whisky by the fire with a fuzzy terrier when he's 60.

>but I recall his whoe name being displayed on a screen in the show

What you're thinking of is this fanart. Only the Holts and Shiro's names were displayed on TV in the show. No one besides Pidge and Shiro have confirmed last names.

But Lance is Caucasian as a Cuban.

no, it wasn't this. it was official. the characters names were displayed. i'll find it myself later on in the day.

>keith is next to his foot naked at all times wearing a leash and a collar

you have to appreciate the squirrels

>Keith is biding his time and waiting to strike. Soon he will be free from this nightmare.

I can assure you, buddy, only Shiro and the Holts were ever announced missing on-screen.

We never saw anything for Lance, Pidge and Hunk. After they leave Earth we're given zero insight into what anyone back home thinks of their disappearance. Their names are not displayed anywhere.

>Lance keeps Keith hidden from Shiro at all costs whenever he visits
>Keith upon hearing Shiro's voice from the basement, calls and screams out for him but its futile since the walls are soundproof

>Keith screams until his voice only comes out as a hoarse rasp.
>After Keith finally gives in and curls up in the corner in his dog bed, Lance comes in and croons, "It's OK boy, I'd never let them take you away from me. You're my pupper forever."
>Keith submits to Lance scratching behind his fake doggy ears and dreams of freedom as he hears the lube cap pop open.

5 more days!

don't stop

This thread took a turn for the dark.

I'd love if Shiro was a sleeper agent, and had no idea. Sort of like that one cylon girl in BSG, I thought that had really good impact.

Adding the netflix subscriptions to the display is clever, good merchandising, drugstore!

Yeah, my kid-self would have bought the black lion without even having seen the show, it looks awesome.

I don't get this one. Is it a reference I'm missing?

These are both EXTREMELY good pidges, thank you user. I like the contrast.

Rebooting the show from scratch instead of continuing from the previous installments was another smart move. It streamlined the setting and characters, basically making it Avatar IN SPACE.

Neither Keith nor Lance have a canon last name in VLD. We don't know Hunk's last name either. People are just assuming Keith's last name is Kogane based on GoLion and old comics. There was some video from Dreamworks where Keith was referred to as "Keith Cogain", but I doubt it can be counted as official. If Keith is an alien, his last name might not even matter since it won't be a proof of his ethnicity.