Tfw nothing will come close to this radio kino

>tfw nothing will come close to this radio kino
is there anything that can fill the void i have after binging all of their voice material?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bA7mI7l2sV4
wherewhywhen.com/xfm-the-ricky-gervais-show-seasons-1-4-complete/
pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=15_November_2003/Transcript
youtu.be/_ncWbyqINcY?t=1184
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gervais was the weak link

i fucking hate that cunt

I'm glad his fame's pretty much died out.

he is the only person who could bully karl properly and bring the best out of him. his reactions to karl are also gold. he is an ass and a cunt but that made the show. imagine karl and steve talking alone awkwardly and calling each other names. that would be boring.

Are Ricky and Steve still friends?

>I KNOW THAT YOU MAY TAKE A WHILE, TO COME BACK AROUND

>feeder.... come back around... i'm ricky gervais on XFM 104.9. with me.. stephen merchant.
>hellooo
>and the bald round headed twat, karl pilkington
>alright?

There was no weak link. The holy trinity worked in perfect unison and any pleb who says that Ricky or Steve was the weak link doesn’t know shit.

Now that the dust has settled; was Karl smarter than Steven and Ricky?

I feel he really touched on some heavy philosophical conundrums and those two cunts just laughed it off because he sounded funny..

Man-moths?

He was good on the radio show and the first few seasons of the podcast but by the end he was insufferable and I just wanted him to fuck off so I could listen to the other two

Karl is a person with average intelligence who knows he's kind of dumb sometimes
Ricky is an idiot who thinks he's a genius, making him insufferable
>Karl you fuckin idiot the moon doesn't have a dark side because its always spinning
shit like that.

Humour
Pilkington>Gervais>Merchant
Biggest cunt
Gervais>Merchant>Pilkington

>that time when karl just says he's feeling really drained today in the middle of a radio show

Unintentionally hilarious.

I guess that makes sense. One thing that pissed me off about Ricky was when karl asked if we are in control of our brains or are our brains in control of us. I know its a fairly dumb question at first but its a question that has dumbfounded religion and philosophy for thousands of years, the only vague answers you get for it are from science, which Ricky hasn't got a clue about, even though he laughs Karl off as an idiot.

>Ricky is too mean!!!!1!

Is this the ultimate outing of a pleb?

Plebs loves Ricky Gervais though, he is reddit personified

>Karl
>favourite films are Kes and The Elephant Man
>watches a film a day

>Ricky
>favourite film is The Godfather

was Ricky the pleb all along?

Karl's favourite film is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

no that was Ricky's, until he saw The Godfather

Karl's favourite is definitely elephant man. He's always on about it.

Steve was the annoying one desu. He said something mildly clever from time to time but otherwise was just annoying, blowing up every little thing Carl says pretending it's the most bizarre shit he's ever heard.

>Carl

Adam and Joe were better.

What are some other ones? Touring Brakes, Blur, red vines by amy mann

I think they played Ash a couple of times, same with the Verve. I remember then playing Since You've Been Gone by Rainbow once, not sure if it was repeated

IM A BAD BABYSITTER GOT MY BOYFRIEND IN THE SHOWER MAKING SIX BUCKS AN HOUR

AND YOU'LL NEVER
SEE
AN OLD MAN
EAT A
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARS
BAR BAR BAR

Gervais' bitchy humour was hilarious but he was a dick at the same time. Also Merchant used the show to try out anecdotes for his stand-up, yes his stories were fake.

coldplay... the scientist....

There was also Sugababes' Freak Like Me except Ricky would always call it Are Freaks Electric

Karl > Karl > Karl > Steve > Karl > Karl > Karl > Ricky

>le happy Merchant

Ahem

Karl is above average intelligence but uneducated

Picked this stuff up not too long ago. Pretty happy with it

>podcasts only

This is fine, but you have listened to the XFM shows, right?

You're a faggot. Karl was the weak link, their show was great without him.

I sometimes wonder if Karl listens to Morrissey and he is low key quoting him to troll. He asked that shit about the mind/body quandry, and I literally heard him talk shit about where his parents live in Wales saying that 'everyday is like a sunday' there. Made me think desu.

>it's Claire sits in for Karl episode
Comfy episodes frankly

>tfw you occasionally still listen to that song

Like over 10 times already, yeah. Easily their best stuff. I just didn't know they had physical CDs and stuff. Got this poster as well.

you ever heard of a fucking torrent?

who uses cd's for anything? does your car have a cd player without USB or BT?

Lads I've listened to the XFM shows multiple times but I've only ever listened to the first season of the podcast and I never really felt it. Should I listen to the rest or just content myself with the XFM stuff?

They retread a lot of ground with the podcasts, if you've heard the XFM shows it's not really worth it. The only good parts are Karl's diary

I already have all the torrents, but now I have a physical CDs in case I ever need it. Plus it looks cool. I dont drive either but pilko would be pretty perfect for a solo Road trip. And it came with a poster and it was only 6 quid. Its a 10/10 purchase

>Getting CDs because they're cheaper
How can you not grasp that.

what african shithole has CD's cheaper than the $0 a torrent costs

>Alroight, so, the floightplan I just filed with the agency, right. It lists me, Ricky here. But ... oooh only one of you. So uh... first one to talk gets to stay on my aircraft. So the first guy comes up. BANG. he didn't fly so good.

>Aright... I'm not being funny or nuffin...

>OH HERE WE GO

>But... why would you shoot a fella before you throw 'im off a plane?

>ah ha ha ha HAAAAAAA. He's done you again Steve! He's done you again! Play a record! PLAY A RECORD!

Shit job senpai since you can't fork out six quid.

I don't know where you live, but CDs are not obsolete. Plus physical media is satisfying. Get over it, nerd

>he doesn't buy CDs to have on a shelf
They fill up my lounge, looks good

so you take down pictures of you and your friends so you can put up CD cases?

Steve was the weak link but he kept Ricky from shouting Karl down when he got angry at his willful ignorance. He was Karl's best friend in the room and Karl repaid him by bullying him. It was poetic.

Where can I listen to this?

>They all hate each other now
>That rumoured podcast years ago will never happen
>They don’t mention each other anymore
>Don’t acknowledge each other existences

Didn’t ask for this feel lads

I fucking despised when Karl said something actually correct and Ricky goes off on him

childhood is hating ricky
adulthood is knowing he had to play the enemy to create emotion in the audience

holy shit, this

This is the worst example:
youtube.com/watch?v=bA7mI7l2sV4

adulthood is thinking he had to play the enemy to create emotion in the audience

sagehood is knowing he was always a cunt, remains a cunt, and it was just his natural behaviour

Ricky was the king, Steve was the court and Karl was the jester.

Little big fella

Comfy as hell listening to old podcasts from 2004 as they discuss the latest DVD release of Day After Tomorrow or SWAT

wherewhywhen.com/xfm-the-ricky-gervais-show-seasons-1-4-complete/

>>They don’t mention each other anymore
>>Don’t acknowledge each other existences
yes they do

t. (((The guardian UK)))

off the top of my head, steve talks about karl in his norm macdonald interview

Steve and Karl still seem to get along, Karl and Ricky had a falling out and Steve and Ricky don't talk anymore, which isn't surprising.

Redpills:

All of steves stories were made up
Karl is a written character
Ricky Anderson was Jonathan Ross

Don't force yourself. I relisten to the xfm show all the time but never bother with the podcasts. Mostly because they came out around the same time that Ricky started to become an insufferable dick.

That sounds like something Randers would say desu

thanks for that completely unsubstantiated statement.

Danders was very real and a true fan knows this.

karl mentioned it in a plebbit ama I saw screenshots posted here

(((when he's fucking pressed by Norm and can't exactly refuse to answer the question)))

I'm pretty sure Steve/Ricky are 100% fine.

I imagine they had a falling out, or at least Ricky did, with Karl. Ricky never mentions him anymore or references him, he hasn't done for ages. Why? Well look at the period in which he stopped.

Karl was a popular character on Derek, then he split from the show because he didn't really like acting and was nervous. Fair enough? But I think the Moaning of Life was a big deal rather than Derek.

I read that the trio created a production company to create Idiot Abroad and worked with another production company for the project. This other production company then basically took the concept and went straight to Karl for Moaning of Life. This left Ricky and Steve out of it, creatively and financially, they had no say in it at all. Kind of a shitty thing to do and you could see Karl doing it if they're offering him big money.

ok cool post the screenshot where karl said he and ricky had a falling out

Oh and to top it off, after Karl bailed on Ricky in Derek S2, Karl is now writing and acting in his own sitcom, once again funded by Sky One and the production company that went behind Gervais/Merchant's back to do a deal with Karl.

Its weird how all 3 of them have 0 children combined among them

I dont understand why bother being all ambitious if you're just gonna be sitting around with your wife all the time? You could do that on minimum wage

Is it holidaying all the time that's the goal?

>supposedly out soon
>no trailer
It’s going to be shit isn’t it?

tl;dr not a falling out but they haven't spoken in a while.

Drifting away from people is completely normal, but because Sup Forums grew up watching tv instead of /living life/ they thought that you were meant to have the same people in your life every year, like a sitcom that doesnt change characters.

it still shows they haven't gotten along in a while though dinnit?

they never got along

>tfw nothing will come close to this radio kino
Why do you tards always have to use hyperbole to state that you liked something? Calm the fuck down, faggot.

theres one thing to not get along, like avoid and never speak, theres another to move on in life

they still keep in contact, thats huge, most times you just never speak to people again, especially if you dont liek them

No it's Karl's. When they're discussing their favourite film Ricky tells him The Godfather is his favourite and Karl says Cuckoo's Nest is 'definitely better'. Trust me m8 iv'e listened to the XFM shows about 20 times over.

lmao what crawled up your dick and died

"When people ask, it's always the same. Kez, the Elephant Man"

yeah but Karl never says that it's his favourite, just that it's better than The Godfather. Here's the transcript of that episode, it's at the beginning:
pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=15_November_2003/Transcript

He's always saying how The Elephant Man and Kes are his favourite films. In fact, they even did a Songs of Phrase on it:
youtu.be/_ncWbyqINcY?t=1184

truth hurts

>Has never listened to classic Opie & Anthony clips

I always felt this way to be honest. While not highly intelligent in the standard academic way (which is really just route memorization most of the time anyways), Karl has true metaphysical reasoning/questioning that is actually kind of rare.

A ton of what Ricky and Steven laugh at him for is often just Karl questioning the conventional (usually flawed) wisdom of something. Yeah, he gets it wrong sometimes and that's when the humor really peaks but he is by no means a dumb person.

>dimus mankus

I have to think that you'd never have a shortage of things to do with a guy like Ricky's money and network. Kids would only force you into a more mundane life at that point.

Its actually evidence of a lot of intelligence that he's able to come to his own analysis or reasoning that 'intellectuals' are directed to arrive at by being told what to read

He's a sharp cunt

But what do you do other than holiday? Kids actually require some engagement, they provide some challenge, something different

Kinda unrelated but I don't understand the mindset of growing old with a cat. It just seems like your life is on repeat until you die.

A new radio show in Australia on triple m modern digital is Luke and Lewis for lunch, that shit's hilarious, 25% of their content is just talking about how shit the show is

The highlights are on YouTube

t. luke or lewis

you cunts suck. i cant figure out how MMM is such shit. they put all this pressure on merrick to be funny but he's nothing without an equal to bounce off. RIP rosso

>Australia

All I need to know that this is shit. I bet half of their spoken words is “cunt” and “mate”.

Bong banter > Strayan banter