Creations

So you guys know a bunch of cartoonists with hit shows browse this board.

Some of you have good talent, maybe you'll become the next big thing?

What are you guys working on?

Other urls found in this thread:

adultswim.com/development-meeting/past-present-future/
appleserum.wixsite.com/juni-english/copie-de-ndaw-1
monster-lands.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wouldn't tell you, silly willy.

Writing the next chapter to my webcomic and working on the final draft of my graphic novel that's coming out in Fall 2019.

Also hoping that books from my successful kickstarter get out to the backers before the end of the month.

I'm also trying to figure out how to handle this new pitch I have. I really need to get an agent or manager. I have no idea how to go about getting one though.

Making a couple of comic books. The first issue is done, the second is in production. I'm trying to shop it around but I don't entirely know how.

You pitching a show?
Put together something. Adult Swim has a tv show pitch livestream. It's a good place to pitch unless your show more targeted towards kids.

I'm making superhero dating sim. This would be the "patriotic supersoldier" girl.

Updte preuel already Kaz!!

I have not heard of this Adult Swim pitch livestream. Could you tell me more?

Link your site/gallery if any.

The artist is Swallow, she's a frequent drawfriend here.

Currently, I just want to get my name out there at all, so I'm going to pay some artist to bust out a 3 page story that I'm writing and pretty much done with.
After that, who knows. Really just keep pounding away at scripts until I can find a collaborator who won't charge me to draw things and we can split whatever earnings come our way from actually publishing.

It's called Development meeting
they stream on Thursdays at 8pm.

adultswim.com/development-meeting/past-present-future/

Take it from me who just did this : Pay!

I mean it. Even if you're the poorest motherfucker in the world figure out a way to pay. It sucks. Trust me, I know. I was living off sub-poverty wages when I started out. But find a way to give compensation. Your collaborators will stick around longer and will even help you figure out how lessen that financial burden.

It won't always keep them around. I lost one collaborator to Cartoon Network because I just can't compete with their rates. But it'll usually stop them from fucking off to do whatever else as soon as the right wind hits.

I think the calves are a little too large, but your artwork is still awesome. I love that her proportions are quite realistic, and those hips are excellent (read: they make me diamonds)

I was afraid you were going to say something like that. It's just frustrating to take all of the financial risk like that, while they have the opportunity to get so much more benefit.

I'm not the artist, I'm the dev. But thank you.

Not a cartoon but.

appleserum.wixsite.com/juni-english/copie-de-ndaw-1

A series called Stink Justice where a non-talking dog with no abilities is in a town where everyone treats him like a superhero

Isn't that just Bolt?

It's frustrating and it sucks a lot. But it's just how things work for now. And if you find the right collaborators they'll work with you to reduce how much of the risk you have to bear alone.

>not into big calf bitches

What kind of rates should I expect for non-professionals? $50-$100?

Has anyone actually gone anywhere through this?

I know Nick has its pitch program going again next month. And I also know there's at least a couple places with open submission calls. Still wish I knew how to get in with some other comic publishers

About that, yeah. 50 bucks a page is low end but suitable if its a part time gig with no hard deadline..

That's been the case from my experience. Be sure to shop around and never ask someone to lower their rates for you. If you treat them with respect you can open up the doors to negotiation. Tell them what you're interested in doing and then name your budget. They could consider doing things at a discount because they're really into the idea or like you as a person. But if they don't and you can't afford it, just move on. Almost anytime you think you've found the perfect prospective artist and anyone else just couldn't do the job to your satisfaction you are likely 100% wrong.

>Tell them what you're interested in doing
So, my big fear is in this part. How can I protect my idea from unscrupulous artists that will just turn me down and take the idea for themselves?
If I have an idea for an animal luchador adventure story (I don't, it's just an example), and the artist turns me down, what's to stop them from just running away with that idea and making it themselves since they're the ones with the artistic ability?

Yeah, I have a comic.

I won't say what it is though. I'm against shameless shilling like this.

And most of them go to shit after the first season.

Tell us which ones it isn't then.

They won't run off with your idea. They have their own shit they want to do. If your idea is that much of a winner they'll want to be a part of it not just take it from you and do it themselves.

Outside of the corporate level most creatives are too in love with their own abilities and ideas to be all that invested in stealing other people's stuff. And the few that are that unscrupulous usually have no talent or skill of any kind.

It isn't any of the ones that make their creators decent money.

I have the excuse that mine isn't even 2 years old, though. I'm working my way there.

Roiland looks like a fat Gordon Freeman.

This would be the "Billionaire Industrialist" with a suit of armor.

>fat ankles
Yuk

Roiland looks EXACTLY like a not-fat not-autistic version of my old DUDE WEED LMAO dealer back in the day.

I want to punch both of them

What have you done today for your project?

If I remember right, at San Diego Comic Con they held an open pitch session stating the session would end with an actual pickup. They said it could be a TV show or streaming show. I think whatever they chose might be a stream thing (maybe already aired who knows) because I haven't heard anything on the TV side.

I want to make a webcomic about traveling around the world and playing music.

But I don't know that much about other countries/cultures

And I only have a high school understanding of music.

That and my art's just not strong enough to create good environments.

Write about what you know.
In your case, since you know nothing, put it on an alien planet with alien instruments and make everything up.

I was planning to do something similar. It'd be on a fantasy kinda planet and it'd kinda slit between music and regular fantasy adventure stuff. That way each location could just loosely be based on countries rather than have to be 100% accurate.

The instruments and stuff would mostly be regular because I do understand music, just not super in depth.

Bump.

I discovered that I'm not very good at drawing, but I'm actually pretty okay at writing and decided to do short stories and novels instead of comics.

>instead of comics.
Just go to comics after you write some stuff.
Establish yourself as a writer and pivot to comics.

I'm still working on my art.

I have a running idea for a webcomic (basically monster of the week story but with monsters replaced by the dreams and doubts of a growing cast of characters in a tightly knit community), and I'm working out a sort of spec script for a 20 min pilot to get more practice in screenwriting. Once I get gud in art I'll probably adapt said script as a "Chapter Zero" of the webcomic. If all goes well, Sup Forums, you'll be the first to see it.

Part two of an animated series I'm working on at the moment.

Im trying to get my ideas down on a note, but I have dibilitating levels of OCD, I feel like there are only certain times of the day in which I allow myself to take down notes, today it was 8:00 and the next time is on friday. and before that I have to do many time consuming OCD 'rituals' to be able to write or type anything. I've had the word processor open for about a week.

If I don't do this the OCD fear is that either I or someone else will get hurt, I might turn into someone I don't like or worst of all the project I taking note for will be a failure.

OCDsucks

Get some drugs and more willpower.

AHAHAHAHAHA. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

the only way to beat this is to accept that the worst will happen and it can't be avoided, only then you'll learn to see through the bullshit

Just worked on the script some more. Didn't get as much done as I'd like.

The story's about a guy who gets transported to another world thriving with wizards. In that scene, he's walking through a city and is seeing all the goofy and obnoxious stuff wizards do.

>pandering to the fetishists

It's nothing to be ashamed about if you need to get money.
Probably not a great idea when you're making a name for yourself.

I'm working on a user driven sci-fi Web comic and animated reviews of obscure video games roughly set in the same universe.

A young prince loses his father, has to step up and run kingdom.

And is currently at war with a neighboring kingdom.

Making a webcomic called Monster Lands, at monster-lands.com/

It's a mix of small, standalone stories and longer-running plot threads.

I'm making a comic that I'm hoping at least a few people will enjoy.

>animated reviews of obscure video games
I'm actually going to be doing that with shitty movies on Netflix pretty soon.

Will check out. Looks interesting.

I have hundreds of old shareware games from the 90s I can hardly find any documentation of online so I feel like that will make it interesting. There's enough shitty reviewers out there so I'm trying to make something genuinely good.

That sounds entertaining. Giving QUALITY things some quality representation is usually fun. Wish I could draw or animate for my thing, I just have to write about them.

Sounds like it would be entertaining, I'd watch it. When do you think you'll set a release date?

A comic. On the web sometime. Sometime soon.

Whenever I see the closed/open eyes in adjacent panels I immediately think about that section in McCloud's book.

Honestly, I'd recommend trying to reach out to other creators and network with them to learn what you can about how others are doing it. A Manager could prove useful but I think feeling around how others get by would be a better avenue that also requires less funding.

I wish you best of luck though, hope you keep kicking ass!

Elaborate?

I hope you're not saying that you haven't read McCloud before making your comic.

Working on a Pokemon-like game called Holofist that's trying to present itself as a tie-in game for a non existant cartoon show.

Also applied to Squanchtendo like everybody else!

These designs are making me feel uncomfortable.

This thread and the fact that I'd recently watched Mission Hill has gotten me to consider changing the format of an idea I had from a film into a cartoon series. Thanks for making the thread.

Its been a while! Th- that's all!

A Pyromancer who must save the world from a slime demon who rides a giant robot

Elaborate.

I try and reread it every year. Always try and get something new out of it each time.
Not a fan of the dinosaur, the cow, or the ponies. They're just not doing it for me.

thanks! First few episodes will be uploaded before the end of june, hopefully. I post updates about it frequently on the "How's your webcomic" threads and sometimes on vocaroo threads. Currently my tablet is broken so progress has halted though.

Also If it's of any interest I have access to a full album of music by Patric Catani (composer for battleblock theater) as the soundtrack. At the very least there'll be cool music, weird games, and crazy sci-fi animation.

Why aren't you shilling this more on Sup Forums?

Networking fucking sucks.

Networking sucks in every profession.

how are you going about it? It's pretty easy.

>how are you going about it?
Badly, apparently.

Hitting the social networks like twitter and tumblr, Trying to get out to the local scene more often.

I'm not a social person by nature.

It probably doesn't help that I'm willing to disagree with established industry people publicly.

Do any of your projects have fan art?

Actually, yes. It was given to me in person, and was a very nice surprise.

Ignore him, the designs are great!

They're designs are good, I just have issue with sexual overweight dinosaurs and other animals.
Yiff in hell, and all that.

Working as an assistant animator for a guy who's been in the business for a pretty long time and just does freelance stuff nowadays. I have the feeling I'm not gonna get into anything big or exciting with him and I want to get an actual steady job in the industry, but I need experience for my resume so I'm going to focus on that for the time being. He's optimistic for a kickstarter he's planning with a guy who made a pretty old/obscure comic, but I don't really know how big that cult following is or how much money they're going to be willing to put up for the project.

In my own time I haven't really done anything serious, but I've kinda just been drawing up concepts and ideas for a fantasy world.

He should fight sollux

I mostly just draw butts these days. Fight me.

Those look more like boobs than butts.

You people will Well Actually anything.

i like it

I'd rather be an ass that over criticizes things than blindly sucks cocks.
And it wasn't even a criticism, I just think it looks more like boobs than ass cheeks.

Reminds me of Ed Atlin's stuff. Looks good bro

Yes. It's pretty good. Not that much though. Not that many people read my comic.

My social circle is almost all successful artists. They don't have a lot of advice for people who're writers though. They admit that they got where they are because of their drawing skills and how much easier it is for people to take notice of that sort of thing.

I do want to say thanks for the luck! I hope you'll kick ass this year as well!

Cheers, dube :)

Funnily enough I'm working on a show for the same platform Justin started out on.

I was supposed to email the guy I'm hoping to play the lead actor the script for the first episode today. I just spent hours doing it but even though it's all done the pdf program I'm using is being a bitch right now so I'm just shitposting here instead at the moment.

you mean channel 101?

I do a webcomic called Cosmic Dash. Also wrote my first novel featuring the characters fairly recently.