What douse Sup Forums think of the new Netflix kino?

What douse Sup Forums think of the new Netflix kino?

was alright. the girlfriend scenes were stupid though, that girl can't act for shit

indhunt?

Comfiest show in ages.
Yes. Zero chemistry. Actor aside her character is despicable.

I prefer HINDHUNTER.

is this the david fincher related show?

>ywn eat egg salad sandwich with a Chad serial killer

It's solid, Fincher is perhaps one of the most 'solid' directors -- personally I don't think any of his films are quite masterpieces, but they're all enjoyable and perfect from a technical level.

Yes. He directed 4 episodes.

>it's a netflix tries to trick me into watch ten hours directed by noname hacks just because fincher directs the first two
nice try, i wont fall for this again after how shit hoc turned out

>related
You mean the one he produced and directed four episodes of?

>it's a dumb cuck can't pirate one episode just to see if it's worth watching everything episode

started out good but quickly devolved into a shiity crime of the week show full of cliches and they always get their man in under 60 min

>he lives at home with his mother oh he likes to talk to cops and hurt small animals bing we found our guy hes a sequence killer ..... no wait serial kill sounds better!

best show of this year so far. admittedly this isn't saying all that much.

Occasional amazing scene, rest is middling to fair. Protag's gf is a piece of wood.

Someone give me a quick rundown on this?

Still not better than Secret Forest/Stranger. That shit is pure kino

*laughs*

So is this like the spiritual successor to Se7en and Zodiac?

Basically, though I read the mc was the inspiration for Thomas Harris' Jack Crawford.

Amazingly mediocre. It just never takes off, the actors are too bland

I didn't have high hopes for this and I was still disappointed. None of the characters are all that compelling or unique, just boring archetypes whose performance rarely goes beyond satisfactory, at least for the main cast. The plot is undirected and just sort of meanders along with no sense of urgency or goals. Loads of jarringly anachronistic displays of progressivism that are typical of a netflix series, and anna torv's character never gets told when/that she's wrong.

Why one episode? Pirate everything, fuck Netflix!

what a colossal disappointment.
There is zero chance I will watch season 2.
and kill yourself OP

Just watched the last episode. I really like Tosh.0 in a dramatic role. The romance feels a little forced and has no chemistry IMO. I really like the sexy lesbo prof. and the Chad detective with the retarted kid. The true winner tho is Ed Kemper! The actor gives a great performance.

>Finally... we have truly become Mindhunter
Jesus, Fincher.

It was alright, doesnt really live up to the hype.

Also why the fuck did Wendy snitch on them and not get any shit? Same with the gf cehating on Holden

They really have zero chemistry. In every scene the GF appears she looks like she consider him to be a retard and I'm just kept waiting when she finally laughs at his face and walks out. The bar scene in first episode was especially cringy, she looked like she couldn't care less about him the whole time.

Shithunter

The pick-up scene at the bar at the very start felt very out of character for Holden and that entire relationshit felt like it was tacked on for the sole purpose of having sex scenes like all the cool shows do and make sure we don't perceive him as a homo since he's sensitive and emphatic. That was also a disservice to Debbie as an intelligent women with the right ideas considering she has to spread her legs in the first twenty minutes to get any credibility...

Everything else was actually interesting and engaging.

He directed four out of ten episodes

Wendy didn't snitch, it was the faggot religious new guy

Wendy told their boss who came down and it scared the newfag who sent the tape to the Thing of Things Department

*phone rings in the background*

Depressing as hell.

>ywn have a QT intellectual GF that drinks a lot

Honestly, i enjoyed the show, for it's originality first, and how they succeded in making something interesting to watch without much action/gore scenes.

Yes, the main actors are pretty bland, empty, apart from, maybe, Holden wich you can see how softer he is getting, slowly losing it especially in his relationship with Debbie or more obviously the season's final scene but i won't blame them for that since the characters don't really exist, they have no real background, no personality, we don't know much about them, that's why we prefer the psychos, there's way much to see with them.

And, at last, i'm not watching from a psychiatrist's or criminologist's point of view, but from a viewer's angle, and with my limited knowledge of human behaviour/psychology, i'm having fun, because they manage to take complicated and long researches and compile them into something understandable for everyone, popsci if you wish.

Btw am i the only one who thought about L.A. Noir while watching the interview scenes ??

well i watched first episode and it was bad. Should i quit it or not ?

House of Cards turned to shit because of its writing. The director has no influence over that.

First episode is bad. Watch the second with Ed Kemper to make a judgement if you want to watch more or not.

the first 3 episodes were great it kind of fizzled after that

Probably because you got used to it, so it weren't new anymore. It's something that happens with practically everything but we always say it was better back then.

Your post just made me want to watch the show. Thanks

Dropped it within 10 minutes, could not stand the pretentious dialogue.

Also peeved me that they talk about serial killers like they didn't exist when Albert Fish was an already documented serial killer in the 20s (and Jack the Ripper for gods sake).

Pretty damn good. Apart from the relationship crap ofc due to the horrible chemistry as others said, but even that serves to show the protagonist's change through his interviews, which was well done over time.

I cannot understand how there are people that don't find it interesting enough, but it shows that whether or not you will enjoy this show rests on how interested you are in the subject matter. If you aren't interested in the psychology of the killers and their lives/motives/experiences at all to begin with, then the show won't give you enough fuel to go on after each episode.

Best show this year for me, I'll be anticipating the second season.

Dude I'm really interested on the subject, read books, watched documentaries etc and I still hated this god damn show.

I found it boring, draging, pretentious, over scripted. I can go on.

Did you watch the whole thing? It sounds to me like you expected something different from the get go. Could you give some examples of what parts you didn't like and how you would do it instead?

Really didn't see what was wrong with his '8 ripe cunts' comment

>you expected something different
>how you would do it instead?
>Its your own fault you dont like it

Every single scene of dialogue is mindnumbingly boring and over scripted with big bombastic words and scene chewing dialogue. I understand if people enjoy this kind of crap, I dont.

The scene in the bar when the chick asks "What do you think about Durkheim's labeling theory on deviancy"?

Painful, really painful to watch. Pseudo-intellectual, pretentious, really just unimaginative stuff.

Different poster, but I didn't like it because it felt forced in a lot of ways and employed a lot of one dimensional characters. The edgy feminist gf, the stupid local cop from a podunk town, the FBI veteran stuck in his old ways, etc. The interview scenes are good but few and far between.

Does anyone have reccomendations for better serial killer kino?

That scene in the car made me cringe so goddamn hard. I'm on ep 5 but I think I'm gonna drop it.

Fucking unsettling but I couldn't stop watching, literally binged the entire thing on my day off yesterday. Holden is definitely a psychopath himself, right? Shows almost zero emotion other than anger and fear, claims to have empathy but completely fucks the principals life up.

they were actually whores so their cunts weren't ripe

he's autistic not a psychopath

Child of Rage

as soon as I saw the little bird I knew he was going to kill it.
the show is shit.
I'm tired of wasting so much time giving new shows a chance.

>scene chewing dialogue

It's scenery chewing and it means overacting.

>>Its your own fault you dont like it
Are you retarded or autistic?

>Every single scene of dialogue is mindnumbingly boring and over scripted with big bombastic words and scene chewing dialogue
So, to prove that, you gave the example of the bitch talking about her studies, literally the most often criticised scene in the entire show, by ALL the fans. Congrats on standing out from the sheeple masses that "enjoy this kind of crap", I guess.

>the stupid local cop from a podunk town
First of all, characters like him are only on the show for like 2 episodes, you can't expect them to be developed as much as recurring characters.

Second, the stupid cop is actually shown to evolve after he sees all that shit and starts suspecting his own people. He was the one that gave the break to the case by suspecting the housewife. Hardly a rigid character, as far as 1-episode characters go.

>the FBI veteran stuck in his old ways
Tench is literally the opposite though. He's not stuck in his old ways, he sees the value in Holden's vision, trusts him and accepts this new way, with more reservations than Holden himself does, which turns out to be the right decision in the long run. Maybe a bad example?

All that said, I agree that the interview scenes should occupy more time.

>anna torv

underrated hottie

>MemeReddunter
You have to get back, you colossal faggots

What makes you say that? He makes an awful lot of eye contact and wasn't awkward in the dinner scene

Yeah, as in over the top hammy as shit dialogue, thats what I meant.

You really can't comprehend there are people who find this show to be shitty?

is it just me or is the main actor really fucking bad at his job?

I do, I just wanna know why, specifically. I never said it was flawless, but literally everyone has been talking about how cringey the scenes with the girlfriend are. It's not novel, it's not insightful, it's not original. Yes, I know, it's pretentious and overacted and shouldn't have been in there, we all know.

One part of the show that for me doesn't stand out and should've been made more interesting for example, is Gregg's character. He doesn't change, he just exists to manufacture a problem for the good guys and that's it.

Or the old cop that was investigating the broomstick anal penetration murders, who is typically very rude at first because he has experience and seen stuff but then apologises and becomes more receptive, now that is an overused arc.

Small stuff like that to make me realise why people hate it would be good.

It's not just you. He makes me dislike the show.

do you mean acting or working at the fbi?

Why does nobody ever talk about the best killer?

he reads and interprets human behaviour to some high degree. He's not an autist, he's a nerd with a god complex.

Holy fucking buzzwords, Batman!

Just marathoned te first episode

Loved it, kind of reminds me of the x files without the supernatural shit

i mean acting. i couldnt believe a single line form his mouth during the bar scene with the strong independent woman.

Just a reminder to everyone, if you know of someone who has an unusual interest in feet you should report them to the fbi immediately. People who are into feet are extremely disturbed individuals and it is only a matter of time before they cause harm others.

It's interesting seeing the whole stories behind the killers after watching the episodes. Check out what happened to Richard Speck in prison.

glib facsimile of fincher's zodiac

Can you get me some big red?

yeah he's terrible

>hit ep 8
>realize someone posted the real/color picture of lisa dawn porter
>can't find it now

this is suffering

Felt the same, reminded me of the episode about that detective that becomes a serial killer after getting too close to the madness of his suspect.

And that episode with the death fetishist that kept hair in in his pillow and fingernails in his fridge.

how the fuck do I screencap from netflix?

I didn't see anything wrong with his acting. But I am socially awkward so it seemed normal to me I suppose.

its because they're talking to real serial killers and investigating crimes with the intent of finding their actual perpetrators, rather than a ghost created by the media coverage.

>Catches his gf cheating on him
>Takes her back
>She leaves him

What a loser

by canceling your netflix subscription and just torrenting everything

It's weird, but I think he's meant to be like that because he changes noticeably in the next episodes. I think he does a good job showing the change in his character, but he always has this autistic look to him.

take a picture with your phone

that's what happens when you fuck people going for a sociology phd

she was an obvious turbo-cunt from the getgo. Deserves all he gets.

Was he, daren't I not say it, |ourguy|?

Shit myself when Holden was in the hospital

Best actor and character in the series.

>the leg stomp

Millenium is a million times better than this fucking garbage.

Just think, if he had been born during the 90s he might never have killed anyone at all. He'd be right here, on Sup Forums, probably on Sup Forums posting with us right now. He'd be the one making all the creepy comments about whoever the popular young starlet is these days but never actually harming anyone. I wonder just how many serial killers Sup Forums has prevented by simply existing. Truly a modern wonder.

I recently saw the pilot, and judging from that, no it fucking isn't. Is it worth wasting my time on it?

Why does every "gritty" drama nowadays have to have a super explicit sex scene, my fucking neighbours heard that shit man dammit

> using "kino" as if it's anything other that another word for "cinema"

Thank fuck, I hope she doesnt return in season 2

thank you very much i really appreciate your answer have a nice day and good luck in future

fuck off

My nigga