Top three favorite/perfect films

Post your top 3
With all due respect to Ryan "Canthal tilt" gosling and Tom "Mission 55 ur a real jerk" Cruise
but after watching NCFOM 2x this summer and about to make it 3x in my film class next week. AND watching Requiem w my gf earlier this week, I can honestly say these films are perfect in almost every way. But if I was listing my favorites, drive would be on it regardless, along with Bubble Boy, and something else from my childhood like Labyrinth...I admire all of you and your honesty naming films that aren't necessarily considered "patrician" by the rest of us on here. Like films from our childhood that we actually truly enjoyed and loved. but yeah to sum up why I've been liking Jared Leto and Javier a lot more quickly
Jared Leto:
>singer AND actor
>Preformance in Requiem was brutal
Javier (plus the arise of the meme that I'm obviously mentioning for a reason)
>pleasss stehp out off the cahr sar
>jagsbaroooooo
>yugsburro
>jagsbarro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LuKNtL5B3xM
youtube.com/watch?v=qjBCmltbJ8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hard to say but Jurassic Park, Dune, and Gangs of New York are the movies I can't help but watch every time they're on tv

I’ve never seen dune, but the other two are obvious classics, but I’ve been wanting to watch dune.

Did you write down all the recs from your last thread?

TO me personally those three films are perfect, I really enjoyed la la land too over the summer, but I’m hoping over the year I can really dive into more films.
youtu.be/LuKNtL5B3xM
The guy who hosted the 48 hour film festival compared my short film above to aronofskys work, which...after watching requiem made me gain a huge admiration for Darren

>Eyes And Shut
>Sunset Boulevard
>Days of Heaven

literally reddt the top3 OP

Your posts are incoherent, are you okay? You didn't answer my question and talking about your favorites and shilling your short film has nothing to do with my post

No, I didn’t take the recommendations from yesterday’s thread, it’s always the fucking people like you
And you who never ever fucking post their top 3 but take it as their job to screech reddit at everyone elses

>A Serious Man
>Eyes Wide Shut
>Blue Velvet

I started NCFOM a while ago but never finished it

>I need an identity on an anonymous shitposting board
fucking faggot go back to rebbit

Why do people like 2001 so much?
See lmao “WAH WAH reddit”

What are you talking about? Why would you make the thread and not take the abundance of recommendations? People like me? I offered honest recs and conversation last thread what the fuck are you going on about?

He's retarded, stop replying

I just love the how amazing it looks for the year it was made and the fact that a bit more effort was put in to it than usual

I thought you meant take recs of films I didn’t see and make a list of that.
I’m sorry I genuinely misunderstood what you meant. What are your top three?
I remember watching a clockwork back in HS...Kubrick definitely had some magic. Especially in those years like you said

Don't watch dune
Movie Dune is utter shit

>Why do people like 2001 so much?

Because it’s cool to say since makes you sound intelligent and cultured.
>spoiler>It’s garbage.>/spoiler

It looks pretty magical
I like the idea of films with an immersive setting. Like alien/aliens. Anyone else have any other movies that do that? Or even films that ruin their shot at creating an immersive setting.

Tom at the Farm, A New Hope/The Empire Strikes Back and Jurassic Park.
At least in terms of how often I rewatch them.

My bad, maybe we're both misunderstanding. Yes I meant are you making a list of all the films being recommended to you? Is that not the purpose of these threads? My top three were Knight of Cups, Voices Through Time and Inherent Vice

Also do watch Dune, it was a lot of good things about it

Maybe I’ll watch inherent vice tonight, I really like brolin, and Joaquin never disappoints.
I probably will see Dune whenever I’m really bored/high
But yeah I usually take mental notes of the films I see in here that I’d geniinely be interested in, but I realized sometimes picking a random movie usually brings me to a really good one, sorry again for the hostility partner

I also watched the first pirates two nights ago I mentioned in last nights thread and fucking loved it...corny and cringey at some points but watching it In it’s entirety was amazing. The story is really exciting too

No problem. Inherent Vice is kinda out there but Brolin and Phoenix are hilarious. Just keep in mind its a funny movie and just go along for the ride. The mystery is super obscure but that's the point, the movie perfectly captures the paranoia of and nostalgia for the 60s
The first three pirates are very enjoyable, the first obviously being the best and the other two having some flaws but also being very fun. I watched the fourth a long time ago but haven't revisited it nor do I plan on watching the 5th

Would my gf be able to sit through INherent vice? OR am I better off just picking the evil dead since it’s october.
So it’s similar to transformers? Only the first three are necessary, and no fifth?
>YASBARROROROO

I got a few honorable mentions, but these are my 10/10.

I'm hard pressed to pick any favourites, but these are the ones that came to mind.
r8/h8

Didn’t some guy kill himself ovef bjork
I’m getting Virginia Wolfe/mockingbird vibes
I’ve been meaning to get into more westerns ever since NCFOM but my film teacher refuses to believe it’s an anti western/western
>clue
>Monopoly movie when???
They already did battleship

I honestly couldn't exactly understand any of your questions/sentences.
Are you drunk, lad?

>Amores Perros
>No Country for Old Men
>There Will Be Blood

>minority report
>trainspotting
>the terminator
self aware pleb here

>The Warriors
>Boogie Nights
>Dazed and Confused
All near perfect and perfect films.

chronicle
inception
mad max fury road

No just in a rush/in class/lazy millennial uneducated bullshit blabber

Minority report took place where again?
more drugs movie
Classic robot movie/cyborg flick why is T2 considered better?

Saw you in yesterday's thread, Nice diverse choices. I liked Chronicle and it makes me happy and admire Dane Dehaan even more knowing other people liked this+TPBTP too..

bump while I think

Thanks, saved me the effort of going on my phone and bumping off wifi

Favorites:
>Pacific Rim
>The Departed
>Enemy

Perfect
>Enemy
>There Will Be Blood
>Only God Forgives

Honorable mention, not quite favorite or not quite perfect, but damned near
>The Counselor
Nearly perfect except for that final scene
>DREDD
He doesn't say "Judgement is Coming" when he's on the phone to Ma-Ma.
>The Prestige

I wanna see The Counselor, finished Stranger than fiction in my film class today, pretty weak
although
>Pacific Rim
fucking awesome but I did fall asleep in the beginning.
>The departed
another one ruined by watch mojo
>Enemy
Chris stuckmann explained it for me :(
>TWBB
Have on DVD
>OGF
I liked it, watched it not long after the first time I saw Drive, loved it during my Ryan Gosling phase
>Dredd
pretty sick, saw the original AFTER that one I think, felt like the first one had a way better setting/ida, this one just felt like it tossed Karl Urban in an apartment complex with some partner
>Need ti see the prestige
I have a lot of movies to catch up on

Oslo, August 31st
Naked
Bullhead

>Chris stuckmann explained it for me :(
?
I guarantee he explained it incorrectly. Probably goes on about women and shit? It's not. It's 100% a post-Alien/supernatural being Invasion movie.
The author of the work it was adapted from had run-ins with state censorship and oppression, themes the movie develops. Enemy substitutes giant spiders for the state. The fact that the spiders happen to take female bodies/inhabit women/pretend to be women is meant to throw you off the actual message.

Jake Prime is living in a cage and his doppelganger is his jailer, stripping him of his individuality, something the state often tries to do in our societies, and what 'Westerners' consider paramount to the ability to express of freedom.

Extremely clever film. I suspect most people who bought into the wyminz is evil message were told to, to keep the heat off of the more important message the movie presents.

Worth noting, Villeneuve has never commented on the meaning of the movie.

I watch The Double, if that's close enough before watching enemy lol...
but anyway what's the basic message it's pushing then? Having his individuality stripped....interesting. It sounds like the double

>Taxi Driver
>Highlander
>Don't Look Now
r8 me faggots.

oh holy shit just read it again....wow so the stuckmann was wrong? I'm shocked, so explain the ending? That her becoming the spider was the last bit of his life being taken from him? Just as he thought all was well right?

> The Passion of the Christ
> Ikiru
> The Hustler

>taxi driver
>lost in translation
>barry lyndon

r8 me

I really loved Taxi Driver, I'd say that for sure is a perfect 10/10 movie, I could see people bitching about the ending being iffy...like did he really die?
I know what you see, but is it really?
I heard The passion was long as fuck but it made a lot of people cry, growing up in catholic schools im tempted
interesting
classic, gotta watch my aunt owns that painting in her basement

There's no one to care about in Requiem except for Sara Goldfarb. It would have been the ultimate depression kino to have a 2 hour movie about a lonely woman getting strung out on speed while her son neglects her and ends up in jail.

its a good fucking film shut ur mouth

Yes she was great in the movie, but Tyrone, Marion, and Harry all really kept it moving, it wouldn't have been a "hip hop montage" without any of them...nor would we feel for any of their dreams/ideas
Marion wants her parents love and a companion
Harry wants to be the son his mom thinks he is
Tyrone wants his mom and freedom
Sara wants fame, and the dress
There's so many different ways to say it, but all of them wanted/cherished something but allowed their addictions to consume it and them
It wasnt just saras dream.

Actually that's pretty amusing.
So, The Double was also the name of the work Enemy comes from, different one though, not the Dostoyevsky one which the Eisenberg movie was taken from. The author of The Double was a keen scholar and chose his title carefully for a reason. As it happens there is a group of scholars that view Dostoyevsky's work as a critique on the state. Coincidence? I don't think so, but of course it's up to interpretation.

>That her becoming the spider was the last bit of his life being taken from him? Just as he thought all was well right?
No, this was ultimately him getting to look past the proverbial curtain.
Remember Anthony is a scholar on governments and stuff right? Even though he's certailny qualified, he's unable to see past the illusion (web) the SpiderState has created, until his double is removed from the equation and his individuality is restored.
When he sees the Spider, and she shirks, it's because he's seen through the spiders' deceit and attempts to control him, and by extension everyone else.

youtube.com/watch?v=qjBCmltbJ8U
I had some longer comments on the scene, but I'll just leave it here.

>I heard The passion was long as fuck

Its actually well paced and quite short.

Its a microcosm of a cosmic event (at least for a catholic); unlike earlier biblical epics.

Gibson is a great director who is more interested in narrative than subtext which is why i like his movies.

Different poster but I don't think Inherent Vice is THAT hard to follow. It has somewhat more complicated dialogue than the average film and that confuses people who are used to the overly simplified bullshit we get these days but if your GF has anything resembling an attention span it should be fine. Bigger question is how much of a prude she is because there are a few highly sexual scenes. It's a great movie at any rate so you really should see it.

>tfw you get laid from Inherent Vice
>never finish it
>come to shitpost about it on Sup Forums

3 Women
Under the Skin
Wild at Heart

>3 Women

Sell me on this movie.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
The Tree of Life
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition)

Maybe the most by-the-numbers baitpost I've ever seen on this board.

Yaikes

Not bait. I am 100% serious.

Rare avant-garde film by a major American director and studio. Duvall is great in it if you liked her in The Shining.

Altman is a really underrated director. If you want a more normal movie of his the film noir 1970s detective story The Long Goodbye is probably in my Top 10.

Punch-Drunk Love
Buffalo '66
Fallen Angels

>tfw issues with intimacy

>The Long Goodbye is probably in my Top 10.

Im a big Raymond Chandler fan. Avoided the various adaptions for some reason.

bump

Mad max fury road
Adaptation
Burn after reading