David Fincher hates the MCU

screenrant.com/david-fincher-criticizes-marvel-studios/

“Look, there’s a very large talent pool of people who are- don’t feel there’s much for them in terms of sustenance working for Marvel. And I think that if we can make a playground for them that is thoughtful, adult, interesting, complex, challenging stories and figure out ways to pull them into it, there’s a chance at something that isn’t lassoed and hogtied by three acts. And there’s something else that doesn’t have to be 22-minute half hour or have a cliffhanger. I think it is an exciting time.”

Fincher is just trying to be an edgy faggot. MCU is the best thing to happen to film in decades.

The MCU is worse than cancer. Unlike cancer that eventually kills the host, the MCU has instead infected the host and decided to turn the host into a cold zombie instead.

Of course he does. Every director known for a specific style hates the MCU. Though the MCU isn't doing anything harmful. It's just a gigantic budget TV series. Artful films are still being made and will always continue to be made as long as there's free speech.

The MCU is doing something very awful by reducing the filmmaking process into an assembly. And it's not just an isolated trilogy. It is now an entire genre of the same recycled garbage.

>praising Netflix in the same thing
He's no better than feige

Ass cancer is better than Feige

But it's not. Marvel is doing what works for this specific series. It's the retards over at Warner and anywhere else trying and failing to replicate it instead of just putting out quality films. The MCU is actually good with very few misses, if any. It's a miracle. That's why directors like him are scared. It's unprecedented in its success but it'll never work for anyone outside of Marvel Studios.

>The MCU is actually good with very few misses
How can you write these feces posts and expect to be taken seriously? We've seen the films aswell. All 15 rehashes of them.

>That's why directors like him are scared.
Directors like him are scared because they are completely justified to be scared of a huge assembly-line that has reduced directors to grunt workers for greedy producers who solely reliant on focus tests and market research to carry the films.

They are scared the same reason a Christian would be scared of an ISIS uprising in their neighbourhoods.

Film makers should blacklist anyone who works for Marvel IMO. The MCU is anti-film.

More like a fancy non-denominational megachurch was built downtown and your "patrician" neighborhood Methodist church lost 2 members of it's congregation for unrelated reasons.

Turns out both shitholes are here to stay.

Who the fuck likes this dogshit universe?

No one thinks Fincher is patrician

>blade didn't quip

There's a difference between joke and quip.

>Joke
>well-timed comically timed line that is actually funny while still not reducing the entire film to a joke.

>Quip
>Inappropriate attempt at humor, often at the cost of the story itself. Isn't actually either since it's so out of place.

>Whatever one thinks of Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige-guided filmmaking vision, it’s hard to argue that they don’t know what they’re doing, as MCU movies continue to both make massive profits and draw positive critical reviews. With that in mind, it’s unlikely that they’ll rethink how they do things anytime soon, no matter what Hollywood titans like Fincher have to say. After all, there’s something to be said for not fixing what isn’t broken.
Spoken like a true Jew

I don't know why artists even discuss marvel. it is to filmmaking what joining a pharmaceutical company is to someone who wants to help people. a paycheck. the only good to come out of it will be people getting paid well enough to work on other projects.

Imagine being a grown man and excited for marvel comics

i can't believe people don't get this. even the much maligned "he has a headache"-type arnold schwazenegger jokes were always at the appropriate time. i.e. when the villain/henchman had died and the tension of the fighting scene needed a release before moving to the next bit. marvel quips are literally at the worst times possible. during fights, quarrels, important plot points, etc. they aren't meant as an insight into the character or even as a way to release the built up tension. they're only there to keep the tempo going because god knows they can't do that visually.

Exactly. This is why I can watch Die Hard, laugh at the jokes and still take the overall story seriously. Back then they actually bothered to be empathetic about their joke timings. It was extremely carefully timed and most always an expression of character attitude and personality. It said something about what the person we're watching thinks like.

Now Marvel has a dozen heroes all quipping and joking around the exact same way. You could move lines between characters and not a single person here would know the difference.

Damn,PS3 games did not age well

please tell me this is test footage and not in the final version

It's real. $170m budget.

From that guy that ruined alien and who did Fight club, i don't give a fuck.

I saw it with my cousins last weekend. They're not into film at all and even they were like "huh? that looks like bad CGI"
this was despite me keeping my autistic complaining to a minimum. also, they thought having MJ in the film was useless.

I don't expect anyone who puts up with Disney's garbage to "give a fuck" about anything.

It was really bad film. I don't even want to show it for my nephew. I don't think he should watch his favorite superhero reduced to an Iron Man assistent.

1000x this

Honestly the only acceptable marvel movie I’ve seen recently has been GOTG, mainly because it’s the only one that has any sort of unique identity.
The gags are different, directing style is different, timing of the jokes are different.
For whatever reason it feels like the one movie property where they just let the director role with it.
Every other marvel film feels so copy and paste it’s unreal.
Like they were almost all churned out by an algorithmic computer program or something.

>I don't think he should watch his favorite superhero reduced to an Iron Man assistent.
good point. but marvel movies aren't even meant for children. they're meant for manchildren but inoffensive enough for kids and their gfs.

>Though the MCU isn't doing anything harmful.
The MCU is successfully killing the cinematic medium by churning out products rather than unique experiences. They turned filmmaking into a science rather than an art form. They flood the market with these cape cash grabs until nothing else becomes a viable risk to produce. Now the movie industry solely relies on capeshit simply in order to keep their heads above water.

I'm sure the industry has lucked on to these successful formulas before. they all have a shelf-life. only shame is that all other formulas still produced some decent films. Logan is the only good effort for capeshit and that's not even fully movie-by-committee capeshit.

F-FUGGGG

MEME OFF BRO, YOU AND ME

>manchildren
Don't bully Christ Stuckmann, user.

Imagine being a grown man and going on Sup Forums everyday.

Still beats liking MCU movies desu

>MCU is the best thing to happen to Jews in decades.
Went ahead and ftfy

>tfw I can troll everyone on this board before mods get me, but I endure

is there any marvel director right now that is successful outside of the marvel universe?

Jon Favreau, I guess.

Doesn't really count, he was big before Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 1 was Paramount film not Disney.

He's not alone in that sentiment. Everyone with any taste hates MCU, because it's contrived dreck, thick with cgi to gloss over convenience writing and cardboard cutout characters with the depth and appeal of a shitstain. Literally the worst piece of cowardly storytelling in all of history.

This board is fucking reddit tier trash. God damn seiously why does this place exist.

"I think people are perverts. That's the foundation of my career." - David Fincher

/ourguy/

>marvel movies aren't even meant for children. they're meant for manchildren but inoffensive enough for kids and their gfs.
Truer words have never been spoken. Cartoon unironically treat their kid audiences with more respect.

That's true.

pew pew pew! superheroes, marvel comics, saving the day! pew pew pew! boo the bad guys yay the good! pew pew pew! funny quips, flying in tights, it actually makes sense!

I think he, Jon Favreau, and Edgar Wright should have a talk.

This. Watch any cartoon series from the 90's. I'll promise you the story has more substance and wit than the average recycled MCU flick. If they made something like Batman The Animated Series into film, Kevin Feige would be screaming from his tower about muh FUN.

>as long as there's free speech.

Well between Trump shitting on athlete's right to peaceful protest and liberals enforcing Islamic blasphemy law good luck with that.

>shitting on a protest isn't free speech in of itself

>"say "Get that son of a bitch out of there"!"

Nope....you are getting mad at child movies.
think about that

I was rewatching batman beyond recently and was really surprised when Terry was experiencing real grief and regret when his dad died, no quips at all. On top of that Terry actually "kills" the black guy who murdered his dad. Could you imagine the manchild outrage if that shit was released today?

see

>Terry

main guy having a girl's name is pretty progressive for a 90s show

MARVEL

FINCH'D!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!one!xD

HOW WILL MARVEL AND VIRGIN FAT ASSES EVER RECOVER OOOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!

>someone killed? Not in muh capeshit for mantoddlers!