PUNISHER STORYTIME

PUNISHER STORYTIME

I'm planning in doing a shitload of Punisher storytimes over the course of this year. Probably 1 per week, though I might do multiple storytimes in a single week on rare occasions.

I'll mostly be focusing on pre-Ennis stories, though I might post Ennis stuff or post-Ennis stuff at some point.

Anyway, today I'm gonna do something a little different and move away from my main focus on 80s/90s Punisher and post his earliest solo stories from the 70s. First off will be Marvel Preview #2, and then Marvel Super Action #1. In both cases I'll only be posting the Punisher related material from each issue. I might do two separate threads for each story, I dunno. I'll decide when I get to that point.

So let's not waste anymore time...

MARVEL PREVIEW #2

STORYTIME

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/88815455/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88890646/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IF YOU'RE READING THEN KEEP THE THREAD BUMPED SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO

Am I the only one that loves the cover to this issue? One of my favorites ever.

PREVIOUS STORYTIMES HERE:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/88815455/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88890646/

I tried to merge these pages as best as possible, but honestly they still look like shit.

No idea why I quoted the wrong post on that last page.

Tried to merge these pages as best as possible, but it still looks like shit.

Anyway, that does it for this issue.

And for the sake of convenience, I'm just going to post both stories in this thread.

Next issue in a few minutes.

MARVEL SUPER ACTION #1

I really want to read the interview with Don Pendleton. I've read more about Mack Bolan, than I have any of the actual books. The whole bit of Dad going postal, and somehow it's all the mafia's fault just reeks of poor storytelling even for pulp. Yes, I do know that Dad lost his shit because the mob tricked out his daughter and all that.

I can post that interview in a bit.

How do Italians feel about Frank? I know he's a daego himself, but I read somewhere that they took offense to The Executioner. So I'm just wondering about Frank's reception.

italians in the 70s were "offended" by EVERYTHING

they tried to force the fbi to deny the existence of the mafia and claimed it was a "myth"

Man Frank has been really consistent as a character. It's reasonable that he steals from the people he kills, but I can't properly name the mindset of the action. Pragmatism sure, but if he were observing himself, what would he say?

And that's that.

Don Pendleton interview will be posted in a few minutes.

Jaysus Frank! Man these stories really show the shifts I storytelling. We get just enough plot and characterization. Things happen.

DON PENDLETON INTERVIEW

This is actually pretty fucking long.

That's the end of the interview.

Next storytime will be early next week, possibly tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Reminder that Frank Costa was retconned into being a fallen archangel named Olivier who manipulated Frank Castle into becoming the Punisher for his own ends.

Bumped

the fuck kinda guns are those?

just torturing someone to death in the middle of a park in the middle of the day with no one making sure people don't walk by?

It is serviceable . Not perfect but it works

No problem.

Bump. Thanks OP
Great idea!

yes
Yes
YES
YEEEESSSSSSS
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS

ok!

Nice kill, frank.

No problem.

Nice cover.

Was this the first mention of Punisher's War Journal? Or did it get mentioned in his original Spider-Man appearance?

I remember that being brought up in the same story as They were apparently instructed to kill him that way, it was secretly ritualistic or some shit.

Wait, did Punisher originally have a headquarters? The fuck?

>dat bitch slap

this is officially an awesome comic

Also a cool cover.

that last panel is brutal

This is an awesome ending.

This is probably the only time an action hero had ever said "oil your transom"

fucking retarded

Neat!

This deserves a bump

[citation needed]