youtube.com/watch?v=fW0k23CVKpE
youtu.be/uAhvQY3xZyI?t=3m11s
youtube.com/watch?v=b5UwdhGPVEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=w3wDks0aBmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*clears your path*

>Action

such dumb movie

youtu.be/HQB5bwu8z-k Pure Kino. Big Guy is in it too.

>Dude we're an EOD unit that goes off on its own with no support
>Dude we just ran into some SAS who are completely incompetent
>Dude we're better marksmen than the SAS
I liked the Hurt Locker, but it got the actual war parts pretty shitty.

I'd say that title still belongs to something like Apocalypse Now or Platoon.

They weren't SAS, they were PMCs

That's why the main guy was talking about the guys being worth like 250,000 quid

what other films have a cast on black hawk down's level

No, that would be saving private ryan.

bhd is really melodramatic and corny

if you just want action then sure

The longest day
A bridge too far

most are dead by now though.

youtube.com/watch?v=ie0jCa2RsUE

not so fast hollywood!

most probably yeah

My vote is for Die Brücke

The action is cheesy and outdated by today's standards, but no other movie has made me feel the gravity of an entire human life being snuffed out.

The movie got it's operating down right and captured the level of orchestration that goes into a mission like that; before things fuck up of course.

The initial insertion of Delta force to snatch that guy is one of my favorite military movie scenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=NYg8JGEP4ws
youtube.com/watch?v=_qz1fc0r43U

youtube.com/watch?v=H2tL-T-5IgI

I don't know about best, but it's my favorite.

>Apocalypse Now
>"""Action"""

I bet you don't even watch Redux either, BHD is the superior "Action" movie

>the movie got it is operating

are you from the rick and morty fan website

No I'm just stupid.

*Blocks your path*

>Van dam
I thought it was Jean Claude for a second

So was Yuen Yurfrenz. He was pretty badass.

try again sweetie

That's not A Bridge Too Far.

*ahem*

operator

> 13 hours was kino for this

youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0X4kIFS0Q

>tfw Villeneuve is directing the sequel

Band of brothers

Never seen this but damn i love how they are slowly integrated by the landscape as they walk away towards their destination

This thread makes me want to go play insurgency, which i think ill do

everyone is in BHD

why is our military so fucking retarded by being in every single country ever

the fuck was the point of this

youtube.com/watch?v=ZE5MXYhR4-g

this is the greatest action sequence ever filmed

it's about extracting wealth via resources. we keep some incompetent puppet in charge in exchange for extracting all the resources from the region.

we're not doing that though

we do not extract resources from africa or the middle east

we don't have any puppets in africa or the middle east

puppets were 50s/60s tier and they all failed so we dont do that anymore

this is just like all the people in our military have so many fucking toys and so much money spent on them they have to go find shit to do because they're bored and want to use their toys

its so retarded

But it's not that. There is nothing of value in Somali.

It was a humanitarian effort to try to bring stabilization to the region because it was under civil war.

It's "expected" of the leader of the free world to do this world policing shit and foot the entire bill for it.

Deakins is pretty based.

Checked.
The Black Hawk is without a doubt one my favorite helos. Goddamn did the minigun scenes give me tingle up my spine.

GOAT cinematography
Villenueve is the best at this moment

based Mel always does it best

dont like the film that much, but that moment is great.

And only half of them can pull off an american accent. What was scott smoking when he heard Ewen Bremner's yowling and said "OK"

I got this in an ad today. I'm pretty hyped for it.

5th SFG are some tough motherfuckers. First time the US Army fought on horseback since 1942.

youtube.com/watch?v=hHQyDokxY6c

....dune

Waterloo
youtube.com/watch?v=fW0k23CVKpE

>helicopters and planes flying 20 feet above the ground dropping ordinance

Nah.

A stallion ridden by Summers one day was especially strong and spirited. During one especially harrowing ride off of a high mountain pass, zig-zagging down multiple switch-backs, his horse took his own lead and leaped straight down the mountainside.[23]

And my horse turned and faced straight down the hill... And he crouched down like a cat, and just sprung off the side of the mountain. And, I think about three to five horse lengths later, his front feet hit. And, this guy just took off like lightning down the side of a cliff. The only thing that went through my mind was this 1980s movie, The Man from Snowy River. And so, I was like, "Okay, the guy from Snowy River, he put his head on the back of the horse, and he put his feet up around his neck."

And so, my feet came up, my head goes back. And I have like horsetail on the back of my head. And this guy just tears down the side of this mountain where at the bottom of it is like a gully about six to 12 feet deep, and about four feet wide.... And he successfully jumped over that.....

And I guess about 20 minutes later, the General [Dostrum] and some of his entourage had finally caught up. And he had stopped, and looked at me kind of strange again, but a little different this time. And, he said something to me. And he started off again on his horse. And he turned around, and he said something again. And I knew that he was pretty serious about what he was saying. And, then we walked off. And, his translator said, "The General just paid you a great compliment." And I was like, "Wow, that's great. What did he say?" And, he said, "Truly, you are the finest horseman he has ever seen." ...And then he had stopped and said, "In addition to this, I was the most daring and brave man he had ever known."[23]

WE

PTSD helicopter gunner from Ken Burn's The Vietnam War documentary said whenever they approached the AO, the lower you could get the better. Anything over 200 feet was a kill zone.

youtu.be/uAhvQY3xZyI?t=3m11s

This scene is kino. They had actual Nightstalkers come in and fly their aircraft for the movie, zero CGI needed except for the crashes.

IIRC the guy who flew into the first crash site to pick up the surviving crew did it again for the movie.

>Kevin Smith
How does he manage to remain relevant?

kek he's going to copy the Alejandro vision huh?

A helicopter door gunner would say that, he was probably gunning for a transport helicopter. They need to get in and out of a landing zone fast; lowering your altitude will allow for some concealment.

Actual gunships were well above the tree line. Here's some gunship footage being narrated by the guys who flew gunships.

youtube.com/watch?v=b5UwdhGPVEQ

youtube.com/watch?v=w3wDks0aBmw

Most movies put aircraft way too low because they need to get both the destruction and the helicopter in the shot.