Stupid Morals

>refuse meterless parking, lower property taxes, free garbage pickup and additional funding for police and firefighters because ew sex is icky

Shit, wrong picture. Meant to post this one from Harlottown, the episode when the town's financial manager wants to open up a museum of prostitution

shit just watched this episode today.

So you think as long as the town makes money, it doesn't matter how they raise it?

yes

As long as consenting adults are involved, why not?

I've been castrated, ya know

Dude had a terrible idea. Forcibly turning Arlen into a gimmick town about prostitution under the assumption that it'll make it a tourist attraction is a longshot gamble at best and more than likely the town would end up in a deeper financial hole than when it started.

Museums are not a good investment.

>Museums are not a good investment.

Yeah, a museum is something you go to while you're already there. Not something to go to the town for

Except they weren't doing anything wrong.

The museum was barely open and they already attracted the Adult Video Awards

Yeah I don't think a lot of people would really form a trip around the idea of visiting a place that was founded by prostitutes. It'd be one of those towns you quickly drive through on the way to somewhere else.

That's all they'd attract. The Adult Video awards was looking for a gimmick and they found it, with a place relevant to the awards, sure. But that's a singular event and does anyone actually care where adult video ceremonies are held? No, not really. It's not a tourist thing.

That's a one and done thing.

I mean even if it was a bad investment financially, that possibility was never brought up in the episode. It was all "SEX IS IMMORAL"

Ironically what you posted is a worse moral
>don't take interest in the high paying easy job because BULLIES?????
Way too many episodes end on the note of Hank is always right.

I hate how in "Husky Bobby" the universe conspired just to make Hank right. If the bullies just happened to be someone else in that one specific moment then Hank would have nothing holding him up. So apparently Hank being right means the moral is that you shouldn't follow your talents or your passions because your life should be dictated by the judgement of a handful of 12 year old jackasses throwing donuts.

Business is Picking Up is more understandable but is still some bullshit. I can see where Hank is coming from in that while the poop guy is tall, handsome and charismatic he can pull off his job without being a pariah while Bobby is short, fat and weird so he'd be ostracized, but in the end that's more of the same we got from "Husky Bobby". Doesn't matter if it's lucrative and you enjoy it. Let fear of others' approval determine how you live your life. Shit, janitors, garbagemen and sewage workers get judged poorly all the time for their jobs. It'd be a messed up world if everyone of them kowtowed to snobs who probably avoid eye contact with their garbage man.

I think they even mentioned going to Arlen was a one off thing. They saw a new nice town to exploit and after all the extra business died down it would have been left a husk probably worse off than before.

That wasn't the moral since the bullies were just guys being paid. Hank was just scared of Bobby being made fun of, aside from those stupid frat kids that didn't shake his hand he had no negative response and even if he did Bobby is the type to shake that off. So it was more of Hank pretending there was some moral here.

>while the poop guy is tall, handsome and charismatic he can pull off his job without being a pariah

Doesn't he also get bullied by the kids? It's been awhile

He pays some people to bully him to scare Bobby away from the job.

I agree on Business Is Picking Up because it's stupid and Bobby would've been making more money than Hank.

Husky Bobby tries to hard but being a husky boy's model is a beyond retarded idea.

Neither Husky Bobby or Business Is Picking Up are as bad as Peggy trying to ruin his cooking because she was jealous, not concerned for him.

>being a husky boy's model is a beyond retarded idea
Why? It's not like he couldn't do other stuff at the same time or after.

It's not like he was being a stock model or a fitness model or something, he was being a fat kid model and Bobby didn't need a reason to try to stay fat.

It's not like he was in the process of losing weight anyway. He quits modeling but he doesn't lose a pound through the entire series. And if he ever felt like he wanted to lose weight or just happened to just lose it as he got older then he could just leave husky modeling, enjoy the memories and move on.

No, it wasn't. Hank and Peggy and most people were more concerned about their town being known as the whore town instead of anything else.

But just because Hank and Peggy didn't make the argument didn't mean that the financial adviser wasn't an overly optimistic idiot. His plan was doomed to failure.