Unsounded

Best boy Timofey is back

Other urls found in this thread:

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_03.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is that what's left of Elan?

Yep. That's what happens when you get hit with a core leech. Complete erasure.

nah, that's just his armor

Well, he managed to reach the badge before he completely disappeared.

kek @ the regret from Bastion here. That is literally meaningless, you are a fucking monster m8.

Sick plays from my boy Elan. May the khert reconstitute him with a body to match the potential in his heart.

>best boy
That's not Jivi.

Elan ;_;

I'm pretty sure corch leeching kills any chance of that.

Doesn't a core leech prevent reincarnation, like it's a total death of the soul?

The khert destroys the incomplete object, but I didn't think it prevented reincarnation in the way the Ssaelit and Gefendur believe in it. Ashley's probably answered this one before, I'd guess. Anyone got an answer?

Shit is fucked, yo.

IIRC only pissing off Riv or dying in the ocean or being a plod can do that. Depending on the Kasslynian's religion.

I'm genuinely curious what Bastion's and Zombie dad's first meeting will be like. He's feeling pretty guilty here, he might finally be realizing that sometimes the price of knowledge can be too high.

Does "No matter the plunge, the Khert will catch me! And I will live again!" count as an answer?

Yeah, reading the wiki on core leech I don't see anything about that, don't know where I got that idea from.

No, but that was a badass line from one of the Aldish sky-corps with an incredibly badass job.

I *have* been wondering if the gem in that guy's halberd means it's enchanted.

>Adelier, I have something I need to tell you.
>cut to Duane feasting on Bastion's corpse

This is why I follow Unsounded. For the warm fuzzies.

I'm picturing somebody faking their death by core leech but really just running away naked.

I will bet hard cash money Bastion has done this at least once with his teleportation or an invisibility spell.

Can he use pymary when he's an inky shadow to conceal the inky shadow??

Good to see Bastion is an actual person and not the jaded fuck I thought he was.

If someone is core leeched, and they have something like fillings or surgical thing inside them, does that get left behind?

Seems like it? Elan had an Ilganyaggy pacemaker installed. casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch10/ch10_03.html
That's what Bastion's picking up in the last panel of the recent page.

Yet more evidence that the full-body pymaric cyborg is the future. Eternal life - no rot, no hunger, vastly resistant to core leeching. Just imagine if Duane was a sexy robot man.

To be fair the reason that didn't get core leeched was because the flesh is what was core leeched, you can core leech an inanimate object as well, so unless the cyborg is made of first materials it could still be core leeched but that would likely be prohibitively expensive.

It would be lots of component parts regardless though.

sexy zombies > sexy robots

I, for one, welcome our new plutocratic pymaric cyborg overlords.

Wouldn't they run out of memory space?

Alright friend. Let's see what you've got.

You can keep the brain. In fact if you can figure out whatever's behind how Duane works you don't even need the brain.

Ohh.

I wonder if ghost possession would be a health risk for a pymaric cyborg.

This is my fetish.

Who is "he" in this context? It's been too long I don't remember anymore. He doesn't think Duane did it, does he?

Delicieu or General Bell.

I read it as Bastion going "I didn't think Elan would sacrifice himself like this."

Yeah, maybe. You're probably right.

checkmate

It's true, I'm so hot right now.

I want to feel that spooky clacker on my genitals.

Oh fuck off Bastion you doomed a religious man with a promising future to constant suffering and thinking he's been damned by his god.
You don't get to be sympathetic.

>nekkid in the first panel

He's a very consistent person.

Even when he has clothes on in the comic he's still naked.

Why would Rahm never forgive Bastion for that though?

Good spotting, I didn't even see him over there

he's not talking about elan. he's talking about the town being burned down.

Because that statement's more about the entire situation he helped orchestrate rather than Elan specifically.

I read it as that too, I don't think he would care that much about the town being massacred

Is this the Cell and cyborgs arc already?

Woo-woo! Ghost poetry!

you hear about the Black Tounges and say "hey, the pursuit of knowledge without religious or national bias doesn't sound so bad. why do these people have such a bad rep?"
Cut to one zombie, one blood monster and one nuked town later...

> best boy
That's not Starfish. Where is he btw?

ded

Does he still get cold or is there a pymary for that?

I wouldn't be so sure...

What's Bastion reaching for in the last panel?

I didn't catch that my first read through. It's a nice touch.

See: Bastion was the one who gave Elan his pacemaker.

Nah, he thinks the Plod is his. Oh he acknowledges his humanity, but Bastions's the type the regrets on his down time and goes "I've come too far" when it's time for the sociopathic stuff and/or science. Gotta make it all mean something!

With a dash of
"what sacrifices I'm making will help humanity!"
Yeah it sucks, but duane took one for the team.
Bastion
King douche of Douche hill

Yeah, he seems like he allows himself the luxury of regret.

It's also clear now that the Blacktongues do have religious bias to some extent, and aren't free of their national biases either.

Feeds back into his ego probably when he hypes back up

"The fact I regret this means I'm the person to do it! You know, so it's not left in the hands of a real monster."

I don't think it's necessarily a primary theme, but "Every organization falls short of it's ideal" seems to be a recurring thing in this comic. Every government or body of power we've explored in this comic had the curtain pulled back a bit at least.

Heroism struggles to reach beyond the individual, yeah. That's why I'll rep for Elka, Toma and Jivi till I die.

And of course as Ashley would probably say that's just how it is in real life too.

Not my boy 'Nary.
Ain't no curtain on that basterd to get pulled back.