/doag/ Dumbing of Age General

here we go again i guess

Other urls found in this thread:

dumbingofage.com/deceptress,
itswalky.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/
boston.cbslocal.com/2016/03/17/boston-latin-racism-teacher-called-student-n-word/
www2.ljworld.com/news/2015/nov/20/ku-communications-prof-who-used-n-word-class-discu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh sure, it's awkward and romantic when this twink does it, but when a heavyset black man does it a couple minutes past midnight, it's aggravated stalking. Apparently can't adjust my underwear either if it takes more than a couple of seconds. Racist pricks.

Rough day?

I tried to make a thread earlier, it got 404'd.

I like the idea of a heavyset black man calling out random Pokemon Go advice. It's an interesting visual.

Dammit if Joe and Joyce aren't a couple by the end of this I'm gonna be mad.

I have no idea what my emotions are supposed to be.

On the topic of structure, in regards to how Willis organizes his strips: There's very little actual structure. Willis cuts away like it's going out of style, without letting a narrative rise and fall as necessary.

I read the last panel and immediately thought of this.

Are you even allowed to hang a sex swing in a dorm? That would required at least a bit of drilling screws into the walls for support, right? You can't command hook that shit, Joe.

WHEN ARE JOYCE AND JOE GONNA DO IT

ACCESS to.

i feel incredibly bad for sarah in this strip.

is it because she's the only reasonably likable character trapped in a world of petty narcissists?

or is it because she's trapped at a table of petty narcissists?

or is it because, as the only character who seems to show basic human empathy, she's routinely thrust into situations that punish her concern for others?

The secret password is "participate".

joyce, pointing out that shes trying to attract a boyfriend in front of the (not single) guy shes trying to attract is no way to help your friend get a boyfriend

You can also get those plastic hook thingies and put them on the wall. Those can take a beating.

Joyce was home-schooled. I think that speaks for itself. I'm not saying home-schooled kids are bad or anything, but she is not super-used to trying to set people up, especially if they are outside her friend group.

You gotta get creative user. I made mine out of 500-pound test paracord, my pillows, and my room mate's loft.

Are you speaking from experience?

Even with all of the nonsocial, awkward, autistic people I know, basically none of them have said something like what Sarah says in the first two panels.

2072, after Joyce entirely renounces her faith and so does Joe, because of reasons. Joyce is almost 20 at the time, and they were going to wait until marriage, but they have sex the day they get engaged because Joyce is so overwhelmed with happiness and love.

Sounds like something unfair happened. Sorry man.

if it was nighttime, how did they see you

it's too goddamn early/late to be laughing this hard.

Maybe their Diglett impression wasn't as good as Jacob's.

I wonder if there's a rhyme or reason as to why he picks the words he does. Maybe they're always in a specific type of sentence or panel?

that's the exact reason

It's pretty weird to mention the boyfriend thing so explicitly in front of Jacob.Also, Joyce is generally doing a shitty job as a wingwoman. She set up this situation, the least she could do is jump in with a "so how was class" or "Sarah was telling me an interesting story about baseball bat care" or something.

I can't wait to read how Joe is a patriarchal monster for declining to mention something but then saying it after getting pressured. Also, how his acknowledgement of Sarah's rejection is somehow more offensive.

I find it kinda funny how much Joe is genuinely into hooking up with Sarah. It's a bummer she finds him so distasteful when all she really wants right now (or feels she's capable of handling emotionally) is sex. Maybe that's how this will end up, she'll agree to bang Joe and request discretion, but Jacob will find out and think less of her because she's "slutty."

Well, this is more the misanthropic part of her. The awkward/asocial aspect of Sarah is all over the place, but generally she has no problem being critical or cracking jokes on people, it's just pleasant conversation she struggles with.

Wait, so Joyce doesn't know what a strap-on is but she knows what a sex swing is?

Sure you can, you just need a lot of command hook.

Light-ish skin. White jacket. Near a lamppost. There are ways.

Dumbing of Age /aco/thread featuring the Welcome to the Fuck Zone Pin-ups.

Thank you! I will update the Doc accordingly when I get time.

Dumped some lewds I've done over the course of DOAG.

As far as I can tell, there are two elements to the words he picks: He goes for longer, unique words, and he uses words (or sets of words) that he hasn't used as passwords before.

This is because the passwords/titles of the strips are used as a means of hopping to a specific comic. For example, if you go to the URL dumbingofage.com/deceptress, it would take you to that specific strip with that specific password/title if it exists. If you use an incomplete word, like "ac" instead, it will autocomplete a word and send you to whatever comic's password/title begins with "ac".

STOP POSTING THIS SHIT NOBODY WANTS YOUR FUCKING FAGGOTY GENERAL FAGGOT

FUCK YOU NIGGER NOBODY LIKES YOU. GO PUNCH ANOTHER COP YOU FUCKING OOGA BOOGA FRI CHIGGIN NIGGER

go back to tumblr, willis.

I don't think Willis has it in him to say "nigger". In fact, I wonder if there's a filter for it in his comments the same way that there's a filter from "bitch" to "bongo".

I bet he says it all the time in private.

Glad to say I had most of them saved.

I was only missing the Asma one, and the coloured Ruth and Billie pic. And I've rectified that now.

Nah, but I bet he has his own censor for the word. Y'know, something like "nutter-butter" or "ningle" or "na-na-na". It begins with the letter "N" so that you know it's supposed to be "nigger", but it's not "nigger" so you can't accuse him of saying the word "nigger".

Y'know, when you say the word "nigger" a lot, it really starts to lose its meaning. Maybe that's how we solve racism.

He probably wouldn't allow the comment to go through at all.

Sup Forums's great for that.

I think "nigger", "fag", and "autist" have lost all offensiveness here.

magikarp are fucking everywhere

It almost fucks me up because I have a habit of referring to people as "drawfag" or something in real life and I have to be like "Draw...friend"

Not where I live. But where I used to go to school there was a shit ton.

Water-type Pokemon typically appear near water. They appear in other places as well, but your best bet is to go to your local lake.

And the more people playing the game at the same time, the more Pokemon will appear.

Is Danny basically the guy from the "here eat the eggs" greentext from Sup Forums?

"Uh, h-hey... uh, there, magikarp, you wanted uh... yeah, bye"

>If you use an incomplete word, like "ac" instead, it will autocomplete a word and send you to whatever comic's password/title begins with "ac".

Are you the user dictionary attacking to find the next 3 months of updates? Because that user should be using this. Just run dumbingofage/a, /aa, /aaa, etc to see what autocompletes

Yeah, that's me.
But the auto-complete only applies to posts that are already live on the website, unfortunately.

That is surprisingly competent for Willis. My guess would be none of the pages are live even if the pngs are uploaded. So you need to go after dumbingofage.com/comics/*date*-*word*.PNG

But I'm sure that's obvious

It's a Wordpress thing. The images are uploaded in his queue, and as such they're live on the server. They're just inaccessible without knowing the date and password.
So yeah, pretty much what you just said right there.

You can even see how accessing future strips would work on a website without such security: itswalky.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/

Well, at least you can improve your dictionary over time by removing know passwords. You can get what, 2000ish (assuming book 7 means this is the 7th year of DOA) know passwords from already published strips.

Don't forget "cuck"

Chronic overuse has drained them of any meaning other than "Someone I do not like"

Personally, I don't agree with Sup Forums's 'swear until the swears don't matter' policy, but you do you

>sex swing
What is that that?

Remember when Willis had passable writing?

So the only way to get the passwords for the buffer is to just guess the name and date until you get it?

Pretty much. We can at least create a list of dates based on the little box on the front page that says how far ahead DoA is queued.

>It's every drop that runs down your face that traces out who you are. Your shape.
Sounds like something from Daredevil.

Surely that isn't worth the effort then. That's absolutely nuts. How would you even start?

My idea is to create a script that generates words, checks them against the website to see if they exist, and save successful results to a text document.

It seems easy, but I still haven't even started on trying it. But that's because I'm lazy.

Man, look at that 'Second Life' background.

A hanging set of straps and such, so that you can do more positions easily. The nicer ones have to be mounted securely to the ceiling, but maybe Joe has one of these ones.

I imagine that he's managed to hook up a series of levers so that the swing lowers on command.
His degree is in Mechanics, right?

If the choices are be the future from Demolition man or Carla where even insinuating that an insult has happened causes you to go comatose, or be the Incredibles, where if everyone is a nigger, no one is, I choose to be Syndrome

>be the Incredibles, where if everyone is a nigger, no one is
That's not quite how I remember it.

I mean, there's a middle ground where you don't talk about shit that other people don't like for good reasons out of respect for them

Strictly speaking, there are only two black people in the Incredibles Universe anyway

Middle grounds don't exist, because one side will always keep pushing until the other side pushes back. Today the situation is if a teacher even says nigger to start the conversation in a class about how she doesn't know racism she is suspended:
boston.cbslocal.com/2016/03/17/boston-latin-racism-teacher-called-student-n-word/

To which I say fuck those over sensitive niggers.

Wrong link:
www2.ljworld.com/news/2015/nov/20/ku-communications-prof-who-used-n-word-class-discu/

>tfw you know that guy probably just meant scrambled eggs or something, but everyone got on his case for TEH LOLZ

Honestly can't imagine him writing that now. I can maybe see it being with Ruth and Billie, but Walky is too much of a selfish doofus to even think something like that.

Relevant highlights from last thread:
>>Can you *not skate* in here, please
>Wow, I didn't know Leslie was such a transphobic shitlord.
>She was just trying to work!

So it's okay for Leslie to ask Ultra-Car not to skate, because she is a lesbian.

But it's not okay for Mary to ask Carla not to skate, because she's a Christian. Got it.

If there is a middle ground (and I am trying to represent it), then dredging up the worst examples of the opposite side won't help it.

>Wait, so Joyce doesn't know what a strap-on is but she knows what a sex swing is?
Probably just assumes it's horrible because it has the word "sex" in it.

Still keeping an eye on it and hoping that someone will post the missing pinups.

Some good stuff by Yoto and others in there.

I wonder if she'd be put off by ordinary words that contain sounds perceived as dirty, like shuttlecock or sextant.

I feel like there was some discussion involving Becky and the word "shuttlecock" and how she'd get beaten if she said it or something. Maybe that was in a book I read, though.

Leslie isn't transphobic. She's anti-robot/cyborg. She's concerned they'll take the jobs, as well as the human men/women.

Happiness
Ha pennis

Makes you wonder what kinds of people Joe knows now.

Sarah is not fucking likable. She's an obnoxious self-righteous cunt.

I feel like she would be unlikeable if she wasn't one of the few with a legitimate reason to by such a cynic.

The problem is she's probably never going to actually get over it because, as far as Willy is concerned, being a cynical snarky asshole is synonymous with "well-adjusted".

I like her just fine.

>being a cynical snarky asshole is synonymous with "well-adjusted".
It sucks because it's seen as good in the other characters, but for Sarah, it's an actual problem.

Damn, I was really hoping we got a teacher name. It would've been great if one of my old teachers was the one.

Just a little more than an hour to go.

How will Jacob and Joe navigate an awkward lunch/dinner with Joyce and Sarah?

Three of them have names that start with the letter "J."

Shut up cuck.

They make sex swings that are entirely contained within their own (large) frame.

How did your roommate feel about his loft being used as part of the support structure of a sex swing?

The only thing he felt about it was one of the boards poking into his back because we managed to make it go loose, because he never found out lmao. Paracord and pillows clean up very easily.

Fair enough.

I'm not quite sure what Joyce is supposed to find shocking about what Jacob said. Is she surprised that people can be in a relationship without sex, or that someone thinks she was right about something?

Willis is really doing the "eyebrow several inches above the top of the character's head" thing this week.

I think she's shocked that Jacob has been talking for more than two panels in one strip.

I feel like this is supposed to be a dialogue at Sarah's expense, since she's the one who just wants to bone Jacob and be done with it. Would it be at Sarah's sexpense in that case?

She got totally reamed out for dating Ethan, and so did Ethan for dating her. Everyone thought it was awful and dumb and selfish, even though both Ethan and Joyce were happy.

Meanwhile, looks like the month of April will involve Leslie having to explain to her class (that is to say, the only people in her class who matter (that is to say, the cross-section of the main cast of "Dumbing of Age" who attend her course)) what she was doing with a Senator in the dead of night.

>Happy
Joyce thought she could change him and Ethan was in denial. They were "surface" happy. At BEST.

Whoops, forgot my image.

Though I will reiterate: Willis seems to be going through great pains NOT to show any background characters in this classroom. Even cartoons have a set of background character designs for purposes such as this.

If that comment was supposed to be at Sarah's expense (from the author's perspective), then we probably would have a panel of Sarah looking discomfited at the end.

Man, what is even the point of this comic anymore?

I'm seriously asking. Willis himself has said that he's basically doing this on auto-pilot

But why is this what he churns out? Why do this when it's just miserable people being horrible to each other?

Who likes this? Who is the audience for this?

It's about shame and revenge. That's all the comments section seems to be getting out of it.