What makes Marvel’s Cinematic Universe better than DC’s?

What makes Marvel’s Cinematic Universe better than DC’s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vSkLTBaNKNk
hollywoodreporter.com/features/marvel-studios-origin-secrets-revealed-889795
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Maisel
youtube.com/watch?v=wtfoRESVir0
youtube.com/watch?v=yMlYDUZzWDc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>discussing capeshit
I hope you know that if you do this, you're retarded. DC is shit. Marvel is shit. There's probably no other topic that engrosses you faggots so much except DC vs Marvel, and none of you can deny they are both garbage.

They arent better Theyre bland immature
Shitty movies absolutely horrid dc films are more serious more mature just all around better

They aren't better. Both of them really fucking suck.
But Marvel's sucks ever so slightly less. So people think it's amazing because the standard for capeshit is so low it rivals budget horror movies with summer releases.

DC cucks need not apply btw

It's very formulaic and they take no risks: it's the ultimate in popcorn flick technology

Is not, its fucking made for autistic children with attention deficit. Hence al the fucking quibs

Poop jokes.

They develop their characters and actually take the time to build hype for their big Team-Up movies.

DC just rushed out Superman then went IMMEDIATELY into Superman vs Batman, they had to build batman in what should have been a more climatic movie, not to mention the out of left field Wonder Woman reveal with no development what so ever.

DC was intimidated by Marvel and rushed their Cinematic Universe, if done correctly their movies would actually be hyped and respected, but they just shit them out with poor marketing and non-exsistant world building.

but DC has piss jars

>they're the same genre they're the same quality!!!

>Around 2001, Chad Kroeger started "studying every piece, everything sonically, everything lyrically, everything musically, chord structure. I would dissect every single song that I would hear on the radio or every song that had ever done well on a chart and I would say, 'Why did this do well?'" Kroeger said that Nickelback's single "How You Remind Me" sold so well because it was about romantic relationships, a universal subject, and contained memorable hooks.

The MCU is the 2001-2008 Nickelback of cinema.

forgettable, disposable consumables with no gravitas, that leave no lasting impression on the audience

Superior writing, characters you can relate to, humour, costume design... etc. Basically everything a movie needs to be successful

Wonder Woman is actually the finest example. They pushed her to be in BvS, where she just pops up all cynical and bitchy, then they planned to go back to explain why she was that way, and then they backed out and ignored all that shit about abandoning mankind, and now she's the "inspiring" one in Justice League

You are right and probably the only voice of reason in this thread.

>Marvel
>character development

Not the same quality. I think Marvel is better at serving fun, quipy popcorn shit, than DC is at serving dark, serious, sophomoric shit. But they are still shit.

>better writing
youtube.com/watch?v=vSkLTBaNKNk

What makes grown adults watch capeshit?

>butthurt DCuck can't relate to Peter Parker because they were fat and stupid in high school
pathetic honestly

Putting them all together really accentuates how gay these movies are.

>were

they are still in high school m8

Yes, meme arrowing doesn't make you right.
Each (major) Marvel character, Hawkeye and Black Widow need not apply, had their own movie before being included in a mashup movie, with the exception being Black Panther.
Spiderman gets a pass as they didn't have the rights.

R Kelly > front door prank

they learn the same thing every movie. Black Widow would be the only character that grows only because every new writer decides to do something different with her.

My main man Kevin Feige did the seemingly impossible in modern hollywood: actually plan things out properly and keeping all the cooks in the kitchen in-line and keeping all the meddling executives the fuck out (or relegated to the TV gas chamber at least). So now we have 16 movies, 13 seasons of 8 TV shows and 5 short films all in the same fictional universe without any contradictions between them.

Meanwhile DC can't make it to their second movie without their internal logic falling apart, one of their main actors itching to leave after his second appearance and they have no idea where to go and are talking about two different joker origin stories or some gibberish all because none of it was planned out because they don't have an overall ring leader.

>dude they had their own movies!
And yet even after 3 movies, the Avengers have not had any personality changes, they have not learned any lessons, they simply have not grown as people.

Marvel knows it's capeshit, DC thinks it's art

Man of Steel is better than any Marvel movie.

The fact that Bale/Nolan didn't make it to BvS and Justice League

DC wanted to time their big bad Darkseid as the same time with Thanos and they cut out MoS2 a Bat movie and skipped to BvS. Capeshit exhaustion is pretty much showing its signs and like all fads its bound to end

>Spastic-Man acts like, has the speech mannerisms of, and sounds like an 11 year old when he is a highschool freshman

Feige didn't come up with at least of those ideas. Maisel got the plan for funding their own films and was at Disney during or soon after Marvel declared bankruptcy and Disney was considering buying Marvel. Disney might have had ideas for making separate tv shows and/or movies featuring Marvel characters even at that time as they wanted to make spinoff shows of the Gargoyles tv show around that time.

hollywoodreporter.com/features/marvel-studios-origin-secrets-revealed-889795
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Maisel

Maisel was later employed at Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and The Walt Disney Company following Michael Ovitz around. He joined CAA in 1994 as a corporate advisory agent working with Ovitz, the agency's head. Masiel assisted, amongst other deal, Ovitz with Matsushita’s sale of MCA/Universal to Seagram in 1995. He followed Ovitz to Disney as director of corporate development and strategic planning while Ovitz served as president of the company for 18 months. With Ovitz leaving and purchasing a large stake in Livent, Masiel followed as president.[3]

They did it first is a huge deal. Everyone thinks DC is just trying to milk their franchises while Marvel is being honest about it.
Marvel doesn't take itself seriously, its a superhero film, not some deep movie about the meaning of being a human. DC bores people.
Awful fucking casting on DC's part. Like holy shit what are they even doing? Marvel started with a 10/10 actor and has continued with charismatic actors all through the movies. DC's first charismatic actor is Aquaman, and Aquaman the character is a joke.
I think people just want more Batman movies, they don't actually care about Superman or anyone else. And let's be honest, the only good superhero DC has is Batman.

Just imagine how much successful Marvel would be if they had Spiderman on their claws from the get go. And how much money they would be doing if they had X-Men. Having to make a cinematic universe only with their B-Tier superheroes and succeed is quite remarkable of them.

Masiel stepped down as president along with its CEO of Livent on June 25, 1999.[4] He had found the company full of fraud and it filed for bankruptcy

In 2003, Avi Arad introduced Maisel to Isaac Perlmutter who hired Maisel as Marvel Studios Chief Operating Officer to execute Maisel's plan to increase returns on the films. Inspired by George Lucas and Star Wars, Maisel was considering the possibilities for revenue if Marvel made their own movie thus he block a couple of licensing deals. He then arranged a "proof of concept" with a direct to DVD animated film line with Lionsgate as Lionsgate funded most of the costs.[1]

Maisel then was challenged to develop a plan that would allow Marvel to produce their own films while put up little of the company's own capital. Under the Maisel movie production slate funding plan, the movies would be funded by loans backed by superhero movie rights. Arad left in May 2006 as Maisel received Perlmutter's support. Maisel was first to inquire with Disney about any business ventures leading to the eventual merger. He left Marvel Entertainment upon Disney's acquisition of Marvel in 2009.

lets see one with DC or Justice League as Anakin and Disney as Obi Wan.
Disney says 'Don't try it'
DC/JL says 'You underestimate my power'
Disney cuts off DC/JL's legs (just like how Coco and Star Wars will cut off JL's box office legs)
Then Obi Wan tells DC/JL that they were the chosen one

I'm too lazy to make it

>Chris Evans
>charisma

the guy can barely act

If you actually think Chris Evans is not charismatic you're the definition of a Sup Forums neckbeard fuckwit.

As much as I wanted to punch everyone involved in BAKA's after-credits scene, I have to admit it was great to have to whole audience whoop as he walked out in that cheesy as fuck Avengers costume to shit on all of us for wasting our time through the credits.

addendum:
For fuck's sake the acronym of Spider-man: Homecoming is a meme so it gets turned into BAKA and ruins a perfectly cogent point this fuckin site sometimes

>one of their main actors itching to leave after his second appearance
who

Chris Evans is charismatic as fuck, loves being captain America, and love his fans. No idea what the fuck are you talking about.

>I have to admit it was great to have to whole audience whoop as he walked out in that cheesy as fuck Avengers costume to shit on all of us for wasting our time through the credits.
He did that? Why?

I think he's talking about Batfleck

I don't believe it's been confirmed he's trying to get out of the role, from my understanding the dominos fall in this order:

> Ben Affleck has always, always wanted to be Batman

> He's given the chance by Snyder, he accepts on the condition that he can direct it (A wise and canny move in my opinion as he gets at least one Batman appearance divorced from the influence of that fucking hack fuck)

> The Batman movie quickly turns to shit because WB keep rejecting scripts and plans Affleck puts forward. Nobody will say why but my money is that Affleck wants to actually tell a good Batman story and WB want him to cram in worldbuilding shite

> Affleck is now not directing the Batman film, and people assume that he will not try to break faith with WB since they have already broken faith with him.

THE DC UNIVERSE IS A SHITSHOW ON EVERY LEVEL. I ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW HOW THEY DO IT.

EVEN SNYDER'S DAUGHTER GOES AND DIES DURING THE DELICATE POST PRODUCTION PERIOD OF THEIR MOST IMPORTANT FILM. IT'S FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

If you haven't seen that after credits scene it's right at the end of all the credits, some three to five solid minutes of watching names scroll past.

When you sit through that you're putting your faith in Marvel, you're trading with them that you'll sit through the credits in return for something cool. What you get in SM: H is Cap walking out and essentially making fun of you (giving you a lesson on patience because even though you waited through the credits you'll have to wait even longer to see more Marvel)

I dunno it just felt like Marvel established a rule and then flipped the rule, and the bird, just for a jók

holy shit what a shitshow

poor afflect, his dreams and hopes have been ruined

How did he walk out? What was the scene about? He just showed up on screen and walked out of frame? what?

Now you know why he's so sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=wtfoRESVir0

youtube.com/watch?v=yMlYDUZzWDc

Throughout the film you see the Highschool play videos of Captain America teaching lessons to highschool kids (which I fucking loved it's so goddamn perfect for the character) there was one in Gym class about fairplay or some shit, there was another one in detention class telling bad kids to turn their shit around...

turns out they were building up to this joke

Thanks for posting, so he was making fun of himself as well as the audience...and the movie? We all waited so long for Spiderman to come back and the movie was disappointing as shite

>And let's be honest, the only good superhero DC has is Batman.
Nah. If you handle them correctly, Superman, Green Lantern and Flash are good characters.

>>Chris Evans
I think he meant Robert Downey Jr.

the clip was supposed to be a commentary on DC movies and how they aren't patient enough with their storeis

So would Sony's upcoming Spidy films be considered spin-offs to the MCU?

Marvel movies are targeted at kids so they're real easy for everyone to "digest". Nobody gets intellectually challenged by them, it's all very straight-forward. Nobody gets upset, it's a safe and succesful popcorn-experience.

Yes, Marvel has direct creative control over all of them.

At this point Sony does basically nothing with any of the brand except put a few million in and get a flat percentage of Box Office and toy sales

*Disney might have had ideas for making separate tv shows and/or movies featuring Marvel characters that cross over on to each others movies/tv shows even

>mfw you can enjoy any film
>mfw you know there is literally nothing wrong with popcorn filcks

>mfw I watch literally any movie of any genre. Even sports though I hate it
>mfw I even love some American Football movies even though the sport is foreign to me
>mfw there is one movie series I cannot stand
Transformers

How did you do it?

I just don't watch movies I don't like. Simple as that and then I don't make an austistic rambling about "muh kino" on an anonymous message board.

It was so easy.

If you can't find a kino scene in any movie you watched then you are a pleb

anyone can find a Kino scene. Like in pic related from this week

Person A on left was kidnapped and the person B on the right attempted to find her.But when she couldn't find her she started panicking.

Why is this?

Growing up person B's mother more or less attempted genocide of an entire planet and because of this many started to berate her and bully her, she was in a dark place. One day (probably in middle school) Person A appears before her, she is actually one of the children taht B's mother tried to kill. Without any kind of hatred person A becomes friends with B. B was in a dark place and would have commited suicide had it not been for A,
one of the few people that had every right to hate B's existence.

So why is B's scene mentioned "kino," because person A became a lifeline for B,
and psyhologically with out A in her life,
she only had darkness left.

It's stupid. but I like it.

source material

the respect to the characters and the fans.

DC is more faithful to the characters. By fucking far.

The writing and directing mostly. Although Marvel is slipping hard.

>says this while Batman kills people and Superman is an emo who mopes constantly

TV DC, maybe. Animation DC, definitely. And Nolan Batman is kino

But FUCK the DCEU

The tv shows stopped being canonical with the movies a while ago. They won't even allow the Star Industries logo to appear in the tv shows without it being partially obscured. The tv shows have also recently had coherency errors between each other.

>a thread full of Marvel Poos sucking Kevin Feige dick
Absolutely disgusting

>great to have to whole audience whoop as he walked out in that cheesy as fuck Avengers costume to shit on all of us for wasting our time through the credits.
>loves being captain America, and love his fans

doesn't have anything to do with charisma which Evans has little of

he's marvel's caville

better quips of course! and cinematography but don't let the DCucks hear you

MCU
>organzied

DCU
>directionless

That’s about it and when you’re making a universe, that’s everything.

>Marvel so lame they can't even use their own movie to mock DC.
Can't even use your own forgettable pieces of shit. Not that I blame you.

>whines DCEU don't have human characters
>whine Superman is "emo"
The state of Marvel Pajeets. Only way to please you if the entire Justice League was made into quipbots like the Avengers. Cancerous shitstains all of you.

>MCU
>>organzied
What absolute horseshit. Marvel can't even decide how many died in NY and only 10 quipshit flicks later returned to touch on it. And ONLY because DC was making BvS.

Well we found the person that knows nothing about the characters. Batman has killed before, this is nothing new. It fits with this story line where he's a jaded and cynical Batman who doesn't care any more, but is led back into righteousness by Superman.

There is more foreshadowing in the first 10 minutes of MoS into a trilogy than 15 MCU movies have managed. The MCU can only tease at that purple raisin guy and has been for a long decade now.

>muh after credits
Shit way to connect a universe. Don't be an idiot

The worst thing about the cancerous MCU and its legions of shills and bought critics - now DC is doing that shit too instead of sticking to Snyder's vision. They even hired Cuck Extraordinaire Whedon to reshoot the film into a quipfest. There is blood on your hands, Marvel shills. Don't for one second assume we have forgotten your smear campaigns.

It looked like shit before Whedon touched it. kys

The entire MCU is absolute garbage. Two minutes of BvS has more story, more character, better visuals than 15 MCU turds combined. It's like comparing Sergio Leone westerns to Lucky Luke at this point.

And? I'm saying Justice League still looked like shit. What is the relevance of sucking BvS's dick? Because Justice League might have had "darker" parts without quips that have been ruined because of Whedon because of good BvS. A utter non sequitur, and kys.

>muh trailers
Fuck off back to Sup Forums

So, am I supposed to say it looked great, or what? I just said it looked like shit. If I can't use the trailers to get some idea of the quality of a movie, than aside from the fact that they hired Whedon, you have no basis to say he ruined it, because you can't use trailers either.

1.) QUIPS

2.) THEY'RE REALLY FUN

3.) They don't take themselves too seriously and understand it's silly =P

4.) RLM really likes them!

Capeshit is cringe. arguing over what brand of capeshit is better is some weapons grade autistic cringe. Reevaluate your life if you care about capeshit.

Marvel doesn't have to make good looking movies because of how good their writing and ideas are. It also will help them with the transition from movies to mini-series when the American movie theater industry collapses and it also allows their movies to save money on expensive cgi.

Marvel Studios has the greatest combination of critical and financial success relative to the number of movies produced of any movie studio created after the 1930s. Better than Pixar and Lucas Film before the prequels and more efficient at making movies as well. Only James Cameron as a director is in the conversation as being at a similar level from a similar time period and without having had a decline, but he isn't as prolific in production. Marvel is making at least a hit per year now.

Lex Twink
Murder man
Ladies man joker juggalo
Doomsday Ninja turtle troll
Aqua try hard edgelord

>What makes Marvel’s Cinematic Universe better than DC’s?
More shills paid to make you believe that, they are the same shit and financially DC is doing better considering they are only 4 movies in.

DC 4 movies in using all of their big guns.
Marvel's first four movies didn't use any of their most popular Heroes

See this embarrassing rationalization, OP? See how he ignores that Hulk was an A-lister back then and his movie flopped while no DC movie has flopped? This is what I meant about shills, you just need to be careful with what you read here or you'll feel you're taking crazy pills