Why are Americans so self-conscious about going to the cinema alone? Is there seriously a stigma or is this a meme?

Why are Americans so self-conscious about going to the cinema alone? Is there seriously a stigma or is this a meme?

My cinema is literally nothing but conjoined love seats. Shit's awkward going alone.

went to see mother! alone
there were five other people there
one other guy was on his own, and he got up and left the theatre halfway through.

that's how bad that film is.

i went to blade runner alone and honestly had at least 3 couples/staff giving me a look

Why do Euro-peens make shit up and then believe it?

i went to see blade runner alone at 11:05 pm showing. thought i had the theatre to myself but just before it started two couples walked in. i felt like i looked strange

I watch movies alone all the time.
I like to go during the week in the middle of the day when the theater is mostly empty.
I get an entire row to myself and get to put my feet up and shit.
Shit is comfy.

why bother leaving at that point?
did he leave right after the flood?

I think it's because americans still have that dumb terribly dated "first come first serve" system where they have to go like a half an hour earlier to get a good seat, and sitting there for 30 minutes alone with the lights on is probably not the best possible experience.
If I want to watch a film in theaters, I just make a single click on my computer/phone to buy the ticket and choose my seat, get in about 10-15 minutes after the official time so I get to the very end of the trailers and sit in my perfectly placed seat all without a single second of waiting anywhere. Still baffles me that americans go by that retarded system.

my theaters switched to that system around last year and it's shit. now when i come in the back and grab a seat there's a chance some fat fuck will waddle up and make me move. hasn't happened yet.

nah, after the brother was killed. it was too weird for him even before it really got weird

Can you explain to me why is it shit please?

I'm in the midwest and we have reserved seating. At least my cinema does.

sure!
>now when i come in the back and grab a seat there's a chance some fat fuck will waddle up and make me move.

But when you are buying the ticket, isn't the person who is giving you the ticket showing you the free seats and you are picking your seat as you buy the ticket?

well the objective of going through one of the back doors is to not have to buy a ticket

They just hate themselves.

My Grandfather used to go to the movies along when he was a child

>be me
>go watch IT alone
>6:30 showing
>go in theater lobby
>no singles at the bar, no single kids in the arcade room, no singles in packed theater, nobody going to the bathroom alone
>except me
>driving home alone
>can't wait to post critique on Sup Forums
>think about the singles meme
>somewhere normies are probably taking sneak pics of me posting online "found another loser at xxxx theater" on their facebooks and instagrams

Well then you're just a degenerate poor piece of shit human being who complains how someone could maybe make you just move a couple of seats which you didn't even pay for

So he missed the best parts of the movie. Mother was a really good movie to watch in the theater.

What about the pool? I swear to God, if I see one more loner in my theatre I'm going to send the constable a firmly worded letter expressing my distaste

I don't care about the stigma. I just hate paying up for single seat reserving.

O B S E S S E D

i have more disposable income than i can spend, since mommy makes me my tendies and lets me live with her. the reason i sneak in is that the theaters near me are all part of a mexican-owned chain and i don't want to support them.

dude, go to a penis inspection and dont tell me avout stigma

No one cares or gives a fuck about you user, everyone is busy thinking about themselves just like you are busy thinking about yourself.
Unless you are an actual basement dwelling obese hunchback that reeks of various odores, you're fine.

There's no stigma, it's just that you don't want be without a human shield when the mass shooting starts.

so it's shit because you can't use it correctly?

i go alone every saturday morning. the theater staff recognizes me now

Nah, last time they suspended the no singles policy for Christmas a couple years ago a loner a couple rows back from me got picked off by the designated shooter anyway. I'm not gonna chance it.

Do they ever snicker at you or off to the side when they hand you your singles ticket? I'm too beta to call them out on it and ask to see their manager. I have drive another 15 miles to the next theater and I can't afford the gas. It takes about 20 miles to get to that shitty theater alone where they always laugh at me.

Not a single fucking worker cares if you are at the movie theater alone or not. They just want to be done with their shifts. If anything if a worker is actually throwing shade at you for this, he's the fucking loser for giving a shit. Makes you look like a degenerate neckbeard judging people over nothing ,right Sup Forums?

last time I went to theater alone was Moana and I got kicked out

It's paranoia over the whole lone shooter thing. If you take someone with you, you can use them as a human shield.

People are afraid of being by themselves for the most part.

Is this true or is this just another meme in of itself?

it's true, but like neets that don't have anyone people who can't handle being alone are the opposite extreme of the spectrum