DC REBIRTH

After eight/nine months since Rebirth started, here's the scores of DC Rebirth books from the critics:

7.6 Action Comics (2016)
8.3 All-Star Batman
7.8 Aquaman (2016)
7.6 Batgirl (2016)
6.7 Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
7.8 Batman (2016)
7.1 Batman Beyond (2016)
7.5 Blue Beetle (2016)
6.9 Cyborg (2016)
7.9 Deathstroke (2016)
8.2 Detective Comics (2016)
8.0 Flash (2016)
8.0 Green Arrow (2016)
7.4 Green Lanterns
8.0 Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps
7.9 Harley Quinn (2016)
7.0 Hellblazer (2016)
6.7 Justice League (2016)
8.1 New Superman
7.8 Nightwing (2016)
8.1 Red Hood and the Outlaws (2016)
7.9 Suicide Squad (2016)
7.4 Supergirl (2016)
8.4 Superman (2016)
7.0 Superwoman
7.5 Teen Titans (2016)
7.7 Titans (2016)
7.9 Trinity (2016)
8.6 Wonder Woman (2016)

WW, Superman, ASM, TEC and RHATO/NSM (tie) have the highest score with Wondy in the lead.

BOP, Cyborg, BB, JL and Superwomen/Hellblazer (tie) have the lowest score with BOP being the worst.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics
strawpoll.me/12123616
comicsbeat.com/exclusive-preview-in-green-lanterns-15-jessica-cruz-reveals-her-deepest-fears/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Wondy in the lead
Quoi

>Wonder Woman leading

What the fuck, this book got so shit so fast. It pace has slowed to that of a snail.

Why does every media outlet suck its dick?

Because it's retconning everything that awful Azz man did.

Got to add those bi Point.

>BOP being the worst
Is this book really that bad?

Seems about right except for Hellblazer and Aquaman which should be rated higher while Superwoman is actually quite bad.

The art is Really bad.

>6 years later
>already retconned
>still crying over it

>critics
Sorry, who? And why the hell should I even listen to them?

I don't think it should be the lowest, but it's not good either.

>not a single score below 6

then i must not have been reading mediocre trash this year

Like, fucking source?

Looks like comicbookroundup:

comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/dc-comics

>6.9 Cyborg (2016)
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was actually suprised by this because Sup Forums have been praising it which is rare.

I would bump Green Lanterns up higher than Half Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps

>Critics confirmed for shit taste

What else is new?

Cyborg gets 6.9, Hellblazer 7.0 but WW, shich is like watching paint dry gets 8.6? C'mon! This is bull.

>Superman rated higher than Batman

This pleases me.

>8.3 All-Star Batman
What are these people smoking?

It's okay. Hasn't really just told a compelling story.

Batman has been painfully mediocre which saddens me.

Fuck Rucka and fuck critic people

Why Rebirth is bleeding faster than N52? It's seems very well received and many fans like it. So, what went wrong? (I'm talking about Rebirth in general)

In my opinion, it's because they had a higher debut because of the hype but the stories are not actually that better, and in a lot of cases worst

They win by double shipping the titles that sell more while not publishing minor titles that would sell 15k in the New 52

But the New 52 made the industry grow 15% from 2011 to 2012, while the industry only grew 0.3% from 2015 to 2016, the worst growth ever since (admittedly, this is also Marvel's fault)

The media and a portion of the fans will keep crucifying the New 52, though.

*and in a lot of cases are worse

>Tom King Batman higher than a 7
Opinion discarded

>They win by double shipping the titles that sell more while not publishing minor titles that would sell 15k in the New 52

But they do.

>New Super-Man gets rated poorly
>Nightwing below ASB
>Deathstroke below anything at all

As you can see, in the same timespan Wonder Woman is still selling (on average) about 4k more than in the New 52. But the debut was much higher.

So it's obviously a case of overhype (also helped by the movies) and then not actually being any better and only around the same amount of people keep buying it as they always did.

The drop between the 2 issues from the same month is a lot smaller than the drop between months.
And WW in particular is basically 2 titles, so it's easier to look at it by the average of the month. because it's basically people dropping 2 different books at the same rate.

>New Super-Man
It's one of the best reviewed books. How the heck it's rated "poorly"?

And while I really like Deathstroke, there's no denying that it's really overrated here.

>7.9 Deathstroke (2016)
>8.2 Detective Comics (2016)

kek

>And while I really like Deathstroke, there's no denying that it's really overrated here
I have to agree with this.

In ratings order because OP is a fag

8.6 Wonder Woman (2016)
8.4 Superman (2016)
8.3 All-Star Batman
8.2 Detective Comics (2016)
8.1 Red Hood and the Outlaws (2016)
8.1 New Superman
8.0 Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps
8.0 Green Arrow (2016)
8.0 Flash (2016)
7.9 Trinity (2016)
7.9 Suicide Squad (2016)
7.9 Harley Quinn (2016)
7.9 Deathstroke (2016)
7.8 Nightwing (2016)
7.8 Batman (2016)
7.8 Aquaman (2016)
7.7 Titans (2016)
7.6 Batgirl (2016)
7.6 Action Comics (2016)
7.5 Teen Titans (2016)
7.5 Blue Beetle (2016)
7.4 Supergirl (2016)
7.4 Green Lanterns
7.1 Batman Beyond (2016)
7.0 Superwoman
7.0 Hellblazer (2016)
6.9 Cyborg (2016)
6.7 Justice League (2016)
6.7 Batgirl and the Birds of Prey

You know what all of these scores say? The critics are pussies who just like this stuff because it has their favorite characters. Pretty much everything from Rebirth has been a tiresome snoozefest that I feel like I already read a hundred times. Not awful, but nothing special. Take about 3 points off of each score for a more accurate rating.

>Wonder Woman
>8.6
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

The only books I've felt were worth a shit from Rebirth have been Deathstroke and New Super-Man. On everything else I completely agree with you.

I find it more probable that most people are just too thick to understand it. Reading comprehension really has gone down the shitter recently. People actually need to be spoonfed what's happening in Deathstroke , it's sad.

>The most interesting books in general are the non-AAA titles

It's like the New 52

most people dont want to put effort into things because they are either too lazy or apathetic and it makes them all stupid and annoying to be around, i have 1 friend who tries to read comics but just cant be bothered to give a fuck about anything so he just reads the punisher regardless of run

>7.9 Deathstroke (2016)
>8.0 Flash (2016)
>8.0 Green Arrow (2016)
This make no sense, Priest Deathstroke is better than all of them

and Sup Forums turns on rebirth

thats just one wrong opinion

Random, but are we getting the solicitations today or tomorrow?

>critics
hahahahahahaha

I think today? I'm not really sure.

Didn't you hear? Critics are now the only source of determining quality now.

They usually out on Monday, but CB said Tuesday and I can't tell if they made a mistake or is it indeed tomorrow.

The shilling is strong. I'm a Wondyfag and even I thought that shit was boring and mediocre.

>Harley Quinn on par or better than Deathstroke, Nightwing, Aquaman, Green Lanterns or Batman

What's wrong with people?

Let's see if we can reach a Sup Forumssensus

strawpoll.me/12123616

strawpoll.me/12123616

strawpoll.me/12123616

probably just shilling due to the film

Nobody in the media is an actual comic critic, you know

Interestingly enough, the fans score have Superman, Wonder Woman and RHATO as top 3 highest rebirth books and Justice League is the lowest.

Also, Deathstroke has higher score with the fans than critics while New Super-Man is lower.

Comic reviews are a joke. The fact that so many review singles rather than story arcs/trades is laughable given how almost all comics now are not written in an episodic fashion.

There's nothing wrong with reviewing single issues, considering we floppy readers judge the books on single issue as well. But I agree that comic reviews are a joke.

>only vote for Green Lanterns

what's going on? The storytimes are full

I thought the same, I didn't vote for green lanterns because I didn't buy last week's issue, was it good? It's always been a series on the fence for me that I really only cut out because I spent too much money on comics.

Deathstroke is rated higher than NSM by the fans? I have to admit that I'm suprised by this.

You are going to love this...but Sup Forums literally has the worst taste in the world.
Literally everybody else loves most of Rebirth, WW and TEC in particular because, they are actually good.

>RHATO on top 3
Nice. It's really great book.

Because people enjoy it, but not enough to pay for it. The poll is about your pull list

I'm pretty tired of very single issue making you listen to Simon and Jessica's whining about how unworthy they are of the rings.

comicsbeat.com/exclusive-preview-in-green-lanterns-15-jessica-cruz-reveals-her-deepest-fears/

Looks like you won't get your wish come Wednesday.

Don't take this poll seriously, user.

>All this batman, superman, wonder woman blowing up over DS/New Superman

Only Superman is even good of those 3, why is Sup Forums so shit?

Here are the Fan Ratings:
>8.4 Wonder Woman (2016)
>8.4 Superman (2016)
>8.3 Red Hood and the Outlaws (2016)
>8.1 Titans (2016)
>8.1 Trinity (2016)
>8.1 New Superman
>8.0 Aquaman (2016)
>8.0 Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps
>8.0 Harley Quinn (2016)
>8.0 Deathstroke (2016)
>8.0 Flash (2016)
>7.9 Nightwing (2016)
>7.9 Action Comics (2016)
>7.8 Hellblazer (2016)
>7.8 Batman (2016)
>7.8 Green Arrow (2016)
>7.6 Green Lanterns
>7.6 Suicide Squad (2016)
>7.5 All-Star Batman
>7.5 Batgirl (2016)
>7.4 Teen Titans (2016)
>7.4 Cyborg (2016)
>7.2 Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
>7.2 Blue Beetle (2016)
>7.1 Supergirl (2016)
>6.5 Batman Beyond (2016)
>6.2 Superwoman
>6.1 Justice League (2016)

GET HITCH OFF JL

So fans are actually enjoying King's Batman more than Snyder's?

>6.5 Batman Beyond (2016)
>6.2 Superwoman
>6.1 Justice League (2016)
Ouch

only snyder stories i liked was the court of owls stuff, death of the family and endgame. So far i liked kings run besides the first one featuring gotham girl and gotham.

Is green lanterns really that bad? I really enjoyed those first few issues, I just haven't read comics in a while

>60 titles sold 100 000 copies
wow that's nearly as much as the worst One piece volume!

the issues around Halloween to now are pretty alright, the phantom ring arc is a pretty cool idea

It's pretty meh with occasional good spots

Really repetitive though

im sure cosmo magazine also sells more but its still vapid horseshit

I think it's not a "good" book, in an objective sense, but I think it's a very strong, silver age esque, just for fun read, which is what Cyborg has needed. Fun

Inb4 DCEU comment about fun

I enjoy it a lot. Made a fantastic villain with the Phantom Ring.

This sounds far more accurate

First arc was weak, but the character stuff is fantastic

I had heard good things about the first couple issues of Superwoman.

But the bottom of the list is the bottom.

I'm reading WW but it's is FAR from the best Rebirth book.

Is Hal Jordan and the GL Corps really that good? seemed pretty shitty to me

Hal and the Corps is basically just a return to form and I imagine most readers are happy just from that alone. First 2 arcs have been serviceable and I'll continue reading it.

>butthurt Azzfags
His run isnt that much different from other runs or stories that used the gods and its most likely they had to count his run with Finch's run so that pprobably dragged it down a bit in others mind.
Just cuz Sup Forums likes to forget Azz didnt finish on WW doesnt mean other didnt.

Meh.. Wait and see how fast these numbers will drop and how "critics" rating won't matter. If you can't get people to care and buy I don't care how "good" something is. Unless DC does not want to make money. And Rebirth WW is not good. It's a long dragged out snoozefest.

are you new to comics?

>its still vapid horseshit
And capeshit isn't?

why do you even come here?

>Sup Forums is only for capeshit
you literally never spent more than a day there yourself, horseshit eater.

well im glad you're getting all your gay ass cartoon news from a DC rebirth thread you butthurt retard, jesus do you have anything better to do than be angry on the internet you apathetic manchild?

Is Abnett staying on Aqua Man or is he leaving after Deluge?

Superwoman gets trashed but Cucka's still in the lead
Guess there are a lot of angry Loisfags.

He's solicited as the writer through March.

i hope they do more with aquman and meras relationship and potentionally have an aquakid on the way

>Arthur being allowed happiness
Not how it works. I wonder what the hell will happen to Black Manta next issue? Seems like Arthur might finally put an end to him but I loved how earlier in the issues Mera had absolutely no problem at all putting down a dangerous threat like Black Manta who could pose problems later. That makes her absolute waifu material.

I'd really love to see Abnett move onto Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps after his stint on Aqua Man is over and done with, possibly my two favourite Rebirth ongoings at the moment.

for comics that are actually good, not for capeshit

but you're on a capeshit thread, ok cool, makes sense, man you're smart

what are you even talking about?

I think Abnett could do a good GLC run

I can be curious about the medium.

then be curious and ask questions or read something, dont just show up to shitpost

He's good at political intrigue and I'd like to see how he'd do a run with the Green Lantern and Sinestro Corps running things together now.