Can you recommend me movies that have a "dreamy" feel? Like most of Lynch's stuff, Eyes Wide Shut...

Can you recommend me movies that have a "dreamy" feel? Like most of Lynch's stuff, Eyes Wide Shut, Beyond the Black Rainbow, Cube. Just like gloomy suspense movies, with a strange vibe/atmosphere?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swrcKRVgeGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

You will enjoy Southland Tales. It's from the guy who made Donnie Darko

Possession, Repulsion, Nosferatu, Woman in the Dunes

I know exactly what you are looking for OP...

youtube.com/watch?v=swrcKRVgeGI

Picnic at hanging rock
The Go Between

This looks like meme early 2000 stuff

Suspiria

Is this from the new MGMT video?

Stalker.

Neon Demon

Hard to be a God is a fantastic dreamlike movie. If you can get past the black and whiteness of it you'll find a really engrossing world that plays out in a very stream-of-concious way. Watching it makes you feel like an observer literally poking their head into the scene, and sometimes they do some weird 4th wall bending stuff with that.

Gakyuru Ishii has a bunch. But Labyrinth of Dreams is the only one I can remember by name. I think that film is from 1996. His other films from around that time are also dreamy. His second-best is Water in something or whatever. Then there are his short films, most of them fit the bill.
Another Japanese director called Ching Chong Ding Dong or whatever the fuck it is also has a few dreamy movies. He made a 3 hour film about an anarchist. The director can speak French. He was a pinko, may have been in the Japanese Red Army. The movie of his that is on my mind is called Purgatory from fuck knows where.

the mothman prophesies

Suspiria, Inferno. Not really gloomy but very surreal

Wristcutters. I've heard people call it a stoner movie but its really not. Its a trippy dreamlike not-really-romcom.

this whole movie looks like a cutscene from a mediocre videogame

Nostos: Il Ritorno
Aguirre Wrath of God
The Trial
Valhalla Rising
Post Tenebras Lux
Zombi 2/The Beyond/City of the Living Dead

I rec this as well as Stalker

Park's Thirst

Phantasm.

Its also hilarious.

Might as well rec Solaris and Mirror as well