Superman #15 Preview!

“MULTIPLICITY” part two! Superman and New Super-Man fight alongside an army of Supermen from across the Multiverse against the threat trying to wipe them all out of existence! Plus, Jon and his neighbor Kathy investigate a hidden horror that seems to be growing in their town.

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2017/01/06/this-just-happened-the-man-of-steel-goes-multiversal
cbr.com/waid-on-the-keys-to-kingdom-defining-hypertime-and-overturning-crisis/
newsarama.com/2117-grant-morrison-final-crisis-exit-interview-part-2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hTuPbJLqFKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Superdemon of Earth-13 on the variant cover.

>Earth 14 is a world of assassins

Well at least it's not the injustice universe

Oh god, this is so fucking good.

YAS DADDY

Based Tomasi casually defining one of the Seven Unknown Earths like it's no big deal.

And to think, people were accusing him of lacking creativity and just riding Morrison's coattails.

>Bat-Assassin
>Harley as a League member
Also, Superman's belt looks like Zor-El's, rather than Jor-El.

delicious sook

Is Tomasi copying Taylor or what?. 2 Naarghs already

I miss Naargh

Taylor is bringin them back for Injustice 2

Once Ground Zeros is over is Taylor writing an Injustice 2 comic? I only read the Injustice stuff that he wrote.

Yeap. Taylor is returning for Injustice 2 comic

O H S H I T
HES BACK

I love everything about this costume. It's regal done right.

Shit! Wrong thread. My b

you're still right though

They died as they lived.

>Earth-14 is opposite Earth-29 on the multiverse map.

>The world of professional killers is opposite the world of insane idiots.

Seems legit.

>casually defining one of the Seven Unknown Earths like it's no big deal.

And who doesn't?

>Earth 29 is the only world under earth 33

I had this theory that since everything is backwards in the bizarro world, they wrote and read comics about normal people instead of superhero comics. So in the same way that we influence the other worlds in the multiverse, the bizarro world influences our own lives.

Blue bubbles, that type... This is really him ha?

tfw you realize some Bizarro on Earth-29 is reading a comic book about you shitposting on Sup Forums right now, and he's loving every panel of it.

I think it's purposely to mislead the readers

DC's website kind of let it slip that it's a new villain named Prophesy.

dccomics.com/blog/2017/01/06/this-just-happened-the-man-of-steel-goes-multiversal

>spoil Johns huge reveal
>Johns deletes your author page on the website

Geoff Johns seems like an okay guy.

They literally mention prophesy in the first issue, so technically not a spoiler.

WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE SUPERMEN?
So how does this tie into Manhattan and Rebirth?

>So how does this tie into Manhattan and Rebirth?
I don't think it will be part of it. But I guess they can just say thatProphesy was accumulating power to defeat Manhattan

Thus cover is kind of silver age for me.

Wait, wasn't earth 14 something like the womb for worlds or something?

Somebody loves me.

Earth 32 Dr Strange Superman?

you know, this actually makes sense

wouldn't it be like shadow puppets instead of comics or some shit though?

maybe it's all slice of life manga

>Supes and Bat are dead
No!!!!!!!

Hey, Earth-31's Superman is supposed to be from TDKR, why's he got that cool Frankenstein coat?

Earth-32's Superman is a Martain Manhunter/Superman amalgam, that's a sick looking costume he's got, considering.

Not officially.

Artist Ryan Hughes, who organized the multiverse map based on Morrison's very rough sketch, said in an online interview that he thought Earth-14 could maybe be a sort of entry point for new Earths to enter the Multiverse, which is why he drew it as two planets splitting apart.

Nothing in the actual comics ever backed that up, though.

Having just returned home after the events of MULTIPLICITY, the Superman of Earth-14 learns that there may still be a way to save his teammates. But to do so, he's have to accept the most challenging contract of his career, assassinate Nekron, the Lord of the Unliving! Get ready for a brand new story arc! Part 1 of BRIGHTEST PAYDAY begins here!

That's Supermartian from the Fusion Earth.

Anyone's got a link to this interview?

Literally Spider-Verse done right. Thanks, Supes.

...That would explain so much.

>Make America awful again!
>Me no build a wall - and Mexico no pay for it!
>Me am very poor and dumb!
>No treat girls badly!

That asked Miller if he wanted TDKR to be part of the official Multiverse, and he said no, so they they gave Earth-31 to Chuck Dixon's pirate universe instead.

That's Admiral Superman of Her Majesty's Royal Navy.

I wonder what their Deathstroke is like.

>The Lobo of this universe is basically a super-powered Judge Dredd

So TDKR is ... outside of the mulverse, is his own thing or what?

I've wondered about that ever since Multiversity came out. Kind of a shame.

>You am clean patrician! You only not read normalshit and adultbooks! Me read capeshit like a filthy casual!

Well nevermind, then!

Is All-Star Batman still officially "TDKR Batman starting out"?

What is the main DC earth?

All worlds exist within hypertime, which at the same time exists within the confinements of the orrery. So in a way, TDKR exists somewhere in the multiverse. Just not in the main 52 worlds that were created in 52.

I was the 52nd post, do I win an award?

Sure, I'll grand a wish.
What is the thing you want with most passion user?
What is the wish that keeps you sleepless user?
What is the thing you desire the most? Is it money, is it power, is it love? What is it user?
Ask and you shall receive.

Earth-0.

Don't do it! It's a typewriter monkey's paw!

Oh, I've been waiting for this moment for so long! I want...

The annihilation of all ur hopes and dreams. slave.

Maybe Deathstroke is a bodyguard in this universe.

He was hired by the H.I.V.E. to protect their organization when they were being targeted by the Teen Triggermen.

So those are YOUR hopes and dreams?

>SOMEBODY's going to bed disappointed no matter what
>Masterful gambit

TDKR is probably an alternate timeline instead of a different world unto itself.

I would have to speak out in force against that. The tone is so profoundly different from any other universe.

It's a damn shame is what it is.

Wasn't Earth 14 the most mysterious of all the worlds? How's a simple everyone is an assassin live up to that?

good old NAAARGH

Earth-49 was the one labeled as "the most mysterious" of the unknown worlds.

Not that I expect anything to be able to live up to that nonsensical claim. What does that even mean?

>All worlds exist within hypertime, which at the same time exists within the confinements of the orrery.

Source or are just making shit up off your ass?

>Ed Benes

Oh shit

Why is Kong labelled as being from Earth 0? Shouldn't it be Earth 1?

...It's the original universe from before Krona looked back in time?

The first part is canon since 'The Kingdom', but I don't know about that second part. I suppose it makes sense though.

No, the main Earth is Earth-0.

Earth-1 is a quirky young universe with its own Superman, Batman, Teen Titans and Wonder Woman. The Multiverse Map stated it was 'still cooling'.

ASS

ASS

HOW I LOVE

ASS

>The first part is canon since 'The Kingdom', but I don't know about that second part. I suppose it makes sense though.

DC has long abandoned the Hypertime concept, user. Since before Infinite Crisis, at least.

Abandoned the use, perhaps. Booster Gold referred to it, however. Anyway, one of the points of 'The Kingdom' was that it was supposed to be a secret.

For "all worlds exist within hypertime"

>Hypertime is our name for the vast collective of parallel universes out there, in which you can somewhere find every DC story ever published – but it’s also more than that. The standard model of parallel timelines is the branches of a river, right? The main timeline is the main stream while tributaries symbolize the alternate timelines? Well, imagine that sometimes those tributaries feed back IN to the main stream, sometimes for a while, sometimes forever. Other times, they cross OVER for only a MOMENT before going in an altogether NEW direction – and for the most part, no one notices these discrepancies but the fans. In short, the reality of the main DC Universe is a lot more malleable than we’ve ever given it credit for and allows for more wonder and more possibilities than we’d ever imagined.”

cbr.com/waid-on-the-keys-to-kingdom-defining-hypertime-and-overturning-crisis/

Also the guidebook states that the 52 worlds "wormed their way through hypertime". As for the orrery

>As we saw in Superman Beyond #1, the original, infinitely vast Monitor-Mind created a ‘concept’ to contain and study the Multiverse. That concept – a structure known as the Orrery of Worlds – was designed to protect Monitor from the effects of the Multiverse, like a bandage over a wound, or, perhaps, a cage around a wild animal.

newsarama.com/2117-grant-morrison-final-crisis-exit-interview-part-2.html

Yep, it's referenced in 52, at least in the print floppies, and was referenced in Multiversity.

>second part
It's even in Smallville Season 11, so I suspect it's true. I only remember that one so specifically because someone story-timed the entire set of Smallville Season 11 (about 100 digital issues?)

Everything is canon, Convergence has made it so. It may not be within the local 52 Universes but everything is canon out there.

Can someone please story time the previous issue?

Man they look like they are from the warhammer 40k universe, they're metal as fuck.

Delicious Sook.

>TFW no Arthur the Sea Barbarian Comic

The twist is that on Earth-31, Arthur Curry is named Terraman and he can only control land animals.

Everyone calls him "that guy who can talk to rats".

This is some abstract kind of feel.

I need this earth.
BADLY.

youtube.com/watch?v=hTuPbJLqFKI

why do i hate this art so much right now? I've loved literally every page of this book since rebirth started.

Anyone else was underwhelmed by the first part of this arc?
Like, we had Red Son's Superman, the Multiversity team, a meeting with the chinese Superman... and all those moments felt so empty. Too much for one issue, to pages wasted on generic fighting and almost no character moments. It was a waste of story and a waste of a great artist. A stupid comic with a stupid plot. I expected more after multiversity.

it felt like a stupid event comic

I felt it was just setup. Introducing the multiversal team to general audiences and stuff that was already in the solicits. Even then, the final pages were pretty wow.

I'm only here for SBP

Just search on Desu - use "multiplicity" as your search term.
You just don't understand what it means for a Zoo Crew member to be turned into a 'normal/regular' animal and what it means for a collection of alternate/multiversal Supermen that are necessary to rectify things, on more than one level - that is

Yes - especially with this cover, which is a call back to (pic related) which is a call back to even earlier (except I don't have a picture handy) art.

>Too much for one issue

Blame the people who always complain about decompression.

Person behind Aquaman is either Harley or Canary riff

No, I understand all of the implications and everything, I just think that it felt and read like a shitty event comic without any thought put into it. The events didn't have any real weight on the page, even if they have meaning in the greater context of the Hypercrisis shit.
Hopefully we can get some real good capeshit down the pipeline and this was just setup.

Frank please
F

Maybe this is not your type of stories user.

You sure? Thought it was 14.

Hypertime coexisting with Multiverse is a fucking mess. Hypertime was just created when DC didn't want to acknowledge a Multiverse anyway. They should bring back the infinite Multiverse and call it a day.

You don't have to take my word for it, user. Here's the page in question.

Wonder why I thought 14 was special.

So now only 6 more unknown Earths. Possibilities for them, limited to comics.

Borg Universe seen in Cyborg.
Ulysses destroyed universe seen in Superman.
Injustice Universe seen in Injustice and Convergence.
Miller Universe seen in Dark Knight Returns and sequels.
Griffen Universe seen in JL3000/3001.
Hanna Barbera universe seen in Flinstones and Future Quest.
Wildstorm universe seen in upcoming inprints.

Some of these you could argue other multiverses or other stuff but all possible. Any others?

I don't have much time to read comics is rebirth good?
I was also told I didn't have to read like fucking everyones story either I could just do flash or batman rebirth is this true?
How have the Watchmen been introduced?

So is this Superman worth reading? Was out of the comic loop for most of last year, but started reading some Rebirth titles and looking to pick up more.