What went wrong?

what went wrong?

everything

Duvall not coming back to finish the final betrayal.

nothing

Sofia

Michael was not a character that deserved atonement

duvalls character didnt have the balls and cunningness like michael

Coppola's daughter. But other than that, nothing, especially concerning how it was about the death of Michael and not "Godfather Part III", pretty effective pleb filter

Multiple reasons:

1. It was a cash grab pure and simple. Coppola had a string of high profile flops in the 1980s and one of those flops, One From the Heart, was financed entirely out of Coppola's own pockets. This left him dead broke and forced him to do Godfather 3.

2. Robert Duval refused to come back because he wouldn't get paid as much as Pacino, forcing a rewrite

3. Winona Ryder was supposed to play the daughter but she got sick at the last minute, resulting in the literal "we have no choice" desperate move to have Sophia Coppola play Micheal's daughter, since Paramount demanded the film be done in a certain time frame so they could get it released before the end of 1990 for Oscar nomination consideration

4. Paramount kept pushing for Andy Garcia to be heavily featured over Michael and the original cast, in terms of rewrites. Garcia eventually narced on the studio executives for the sake of the movie/staying on Coppolo's good side: the studio wanted Garcia's character to be the main character so they could "reboot" the Godfather films to focus on Garcia's character, with an eye towards turning the franchise into a Scarface clone and churn out additional sequels without Coppola's involvement.

and yet it's a pretty good movie

Coppola shoehorning his daughter in a major role despite the fact she was awful.

Weird incest story
All the new characters are boring and unrealistic
Retarded hollywood third act in the vatican

Pacino was good in it but nothing could share such a shitty and needless film

ANDY FUCKING GARCIA. Watching that guy act is the cure for insomnia.

come on you gotta like zaza

For one Part II wasn't even that good so Part III shouldn't have existed. Didn't even have Brando. Part II was only watchable because of De Niro and you know Pacino's overrated ass wasn't the reason why we watched it.

The Vatican stuff is actually based upon real life crime drama. IE the murder of Pope John Paul I (who was a reformer offed by the corrupt elements of the Vatican) and later revelations about large scale fraud within the Vatican Bank and it's ties to the mafia

Keep hearing incest. Is there any incestuous sex scenes? If not, fuck that movie.

answer my fucking question.

I will bump this shit until I get an answer.

Seriously why did they drop him?
He was the last big threat to Michael's empire.

I aint kidding