God-tier tropes that you rarely, if ever, see

>antagonist joins forces with the protagonists in the end to defeat the REAL villain

Viral from Gurren Lagann and Zuko from The Last Airbender are prime examples.

>character starts off annoying or despicable but ends up becoming one of the best characters

Jaime from Game of Thrones (books) and Mat from Wheel of Time are prime examples.

>the antagonist becomes the hero by the end and the protagonist becomes the villain

I can’t think of any examples of this but I REALLY want to see it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6PfjYuEd67Y&t=1s
youtu.be/QefqJ7YhbWQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wow pleb thread lmao

Last one: Falling Down
Also the first one is pretty common in shit like anime or bideogames

THE LAST ONE ITS PRETTY RARE

i love airbender

The last one sort of happens in the Joe Abercrombie books. Can't remember the name of the books right now.

The first one is pretty much the entirety of Dragon Ball's several series. I love it too.

Are they any good?

>antagonist joins forces with the protagonists in the end to defeat the REAL villain

Yeah, turns a lot of fantasy feel good shit on its head sort of like GoT but not quite. The first book is called The Blade Itself

I have one
>ear shattering BRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPP

t.brainlet

>the antagonist becomes the hero by the end and the protagonist becomes the villain
Code Geass is like that.

I feel like the 1st or 2nd Pokémon movie uses the 1st trope

Is it really a trope if you rarely, if ever, see it?

For the last one, not sure if it counts:

Macbeth

Trope for lack of a better word.

Yes it counts.

I liked how their hair grew little by little toward the end of the show in Avatar.

The Fly counts towards the last one.

>>the antagonist becomes the hero by the end and the protagonist becomes the villain

Death Note.

>Mat from Wheel of Time
Is he really that annoying? I mean yes, he always did some shit, some stupid shit sometimes, but it was funny at least.

Gundam SEED Destiny

>antagonist joins the protagonist
nearly every shounen series ever made, it would be easier to list the ones that don't do this

Oblivion is kinda close to it

I don't watch cartoons

Tbh Light was an anti-hero from the start, and L never felt like an antagonist except when his identity was unknown at first

This sort of happens with the first two Golden Sun games

But Lelouch didn't do anything wrong and Light was always the villain.

I believe in Kira and his vision. L might not be antagonist, but Mello and Near are just insufferable

Shonen is notorious for that first trope (think Dragon Ball, nearly every permanent fighter outside Gohan and maybe Krillin were once villains). Also happens in the Fast and the Furious series. I'm sure there are more examples.

>Light was the villain
How? He killed bad people and killed those who tried stopping him. He's a hero.

He was childish and not very interesting. He was kinda like the third wheel of the Two Rivers trio until later on in the series.

THIRD

I
M
P
A
C
T

You're the kind of person who facilitates totalitarian regimes.

Pretty much this, desu.

>t. Man who watches cartoons

>t. Man who doesn't watch cartoons

If it means getting rid of scum, then I honestly don't see the problem?

Define "scum".

cringe

Lol

japanese people

quality post, my dude!

try crossposting it on reddit, i'm sure they'd appreciate it!

well... he's not wrong

Pedophiles, junkies, homosexuals, rapists, cuckolds, liberals, capitalists, communists, marxists, feminists, albanians, libertarians, american, alt-right, furries, whores, trannies, anglos, trump supporters, anarchists, femboys, muslims, islamists, canadians

Add Jews and slavs to the list and you pretty much nailed it.

>>antagonist joins forces with the protagonists in the end to defeat the REAL villain
this is literally the best trope in any kind of media

Last trope: PITCH BLACK

Yeah, nigga. I wish it was more common outside of anime.

fuckin' Jesus Yamato

Golden Sun for your last one

It happens in literally every Dragonball arc except the first tournament

this is pretty true I saw the devil tried to push that but it was forced

Good point, but only the Slavs in the current incarnation of nihilism.

I thought tien did that in the first tournament

Except there isn't any "real" villain in TWD.

There are plenty of villains, there just aren't any "real" heroes.

The first one happens in like 90% of JRPGs

Literally Batman.

>the antagonist truly respects the protagonist

Give these men (male) a death note each.

>We aren't all that different, you and I.

>tfw tuon will never command you to lick her asshole
>tfw ywn be sexually punished for embarassing her in court or going dicing with Thom all night

>tfw tuon will never call you Toy and force you to lick the sweat off her feet after a long day of leading the seanchan

I don't want to think these thoughts, user. It's hard enough to continue living without thinking about this shit.

First Law?

>tough character just wanted a peaceful life

Spike

>character starts off annoying or despicable but ends up becoming one of the best characters

Wesley

I am not really sure it counts if the antagonist is set up as some sort of sympathetic antihero. A kid who is beat by his dad all the time and develops antisocial attitudes is a pretty sympathetic character to most people.

Usually its either a) he had the unused potential to be good all along or b) he had to join forces with the good guys temporarily to serve his own ends. Its very rarely c) he was fully committed to antagonistic values but became convinced of the merits of the protagonist values outside of some contrived capture/healing arc

>implying world crime didnt drop by 97%

Yeah, that's the shit, especially when the antagonist and protagonist are actually friendly or could be friends if circumstances were different. Magneto and Xavier are a perfect example of the friendly foes.

You shut the fuck up while your mom is gurgling my cock, Wesley

I already killed one father. Don't make me do it again, old man.

To be fair, Zuko was initially presented as a generic villain and it wasn't until later that you started to see his back story and sympathize with him. Although, I think it was like episode 2 or 3 so they didn't exactly wait long.

airbender did it good though
jamie's writing was a fucking mess
and jamie didnt join the "good guys" the moralty in GOT is subjective, as all characters are mass murderers , vengeful, and hypocritical liars and sociopaths

>didn't get the azula redemption arc
>instead got korra and sidekicks doing fucking nothing
still mad

this is the main problem with calling Kira evil
his shit worked

You should look into the comics for The Last Airbender.

I did. They're shit.

ep 12 of ATLA u see his backstory

>Hero start seeing that the Villain is actually doing something good and the hero joins his cause
>they end up saving everyone

Ryan Chappelle from 24 fits this trope very well.

youtube.com/watch?v=6PfjYuEd67Y&t=1s

one of the saddest deaths in the whole show

What does Tron Legacy count as?

The Villain wasn't evil and was only doing what he was told to do by the "good guy"

>there's romantic attraction or even a full on romance between one of the protagonists and one of the villains/anti-heros

>protagonists love intrest dies and the bad guy mocks him for it
>in his search for revenge the protagonist gets even more fucked

i saw the devil

>final fight ends in villain losing
>hero then puts his hand out to help the villain up

The reverse of this is a level beyond God-tier - youtu.be/QefqJ7YhbWQ

Does CA: Winter Soldier count?

>to defeat the real villain
Except that didn't even remotely happen. Zuko had a change of heart but he was entirely unnecessary because Aang used his avatar powers to do the ultimate asspull, all by himself. He didn't need anyone but the writers on his side.

This.

But then it turned out lelouch was just pretending.

Still, and astoundingly good ending for such a retarded show. I can't think of anything else that I've ever seen that was simultaneously so stupid and yet so entertaining. Normally I lose interest when things get too stupid, but code geass was like a roller coaster ride the whole way through.

It was such a great and shitty show. It's a shame that the ending got ruined because he doesn't actually die and is returning in the next season.

>where are some boots, I need to lick them

I liked how they left it kinda open to interpretation.

Won't bother watching another season though. The ride was fun while it lasted but I barely even remember the story or characters anymore, and honestly I don't know that I could enjoy that kind of thing as much anymore. I think I watched the original at the perfect point in my life to get the most out of it.

Yeah, I prefer to remember things fondly rather than run the risk of tainting the memory by watching a shitty attempt to revive something popular that ended perfectly and shouldn't be continued.

What is OT Star Wars, also

Only way nu-Wars can be salvaged. Redeemed Kylo vs Darth Rey