Why is it just so boring?

Why is it just so boring?

Really, dude?

Mousefags are desperate.

its because you have a penis

What part did you find boring?

The whole thing. I know it's supposed to be a "rebirth", but it feels like I've read this same fucking story a million times over. None of the characters are interesting. Azz's run had many great characters, but in this run I can't name a single one I give a shit about.

And the jumping between past and present just makes it even more of a chore to read.

Honestly it made me realise I probably just don't like Wonder Woman as a character

Because its a writer rebooting and retreading her entire origin AGAIN.

At this point, there's litlerally no reason to ever read Wonder Woman since they keep rebooting/retooling her every decade.

Because Greg is degrated into being a fanfiction writer. He's not telling a story, he's ((((FIXING))))) WW by drsining everything that was interesting about her into a sterilized non-offensive hugbox version. He's not adding anything new or interesting to the mix, he's retreading old ground with generic ideas and completely obnoxious structure where after a dozen issues all we have to show for it is an emasculated teddy bear Steve, completely lacking in the compelling villain department and Diana feels like a hapless marionette rather than a full fledged amazon warrior.

It's important to make clear that he's making the "old ground" worse too

Best wonder woman

this is right

the current Rucka Wonder Woman run is the equivalent of those shitty Marvel comics made only to explain how Xorn wasnt Magneto.

Rucka has literately never written anything fun ever

Decompression.

7th post best post

Because his WW is a huge mess and weak as hell!

Gotham Central

Why the fuck is Rucka so butthurt that Azzarello made people want to read a Wonder Woman book?

Also Soule did a great job with Superman/Wonder Woman

>rebooting and retreading her entire origin AGAIN
I've never read her origin story and only did read like 20 issues of Azzarello's run, and the past part is the most interesting of both part of current Rucka's run.

I wouldn't say it's boring but it's not very exiting. The mystery isn't compelling and if the tree god was okay (but underdeveloped) the business woman is uninteresting right now.

not fun

I'm a fan of both Rucka and WW and sadly I have to agree.

STANDING OVATION.
Your summary read better than all of Rucka's issues. And DC is going backwards instead of forwards. WW has no amazon spirit anymore and she's leaning heavily on a bore of a boyfriend Steve who is more like a blond air head lapdog in Yeah One. Then Sharp tries to make him look cool by jumping on the beard trend but really he is a grizzled fatherfigure than a lover who can really challenge Diana. She comes across as an airhead to be honest. She who sleeps around for thousands of years and doesn't know anything about romance but needs Steve to tell her. I can't even with the boring foes and how Ares was defeated. That was just lame.

>Also Soule did a great job with Superman/Wonder Woman

Come on, man.

Bronze Age > Rerucka

Wonder Woman is inherently boring. Always has been, probably always will be.

No great writer who wrote a definitive run of a character has EVER returned to that character and had a run that was even halfway decent.

Rucka is basically the new Claremont.

>No great writer who wrote a definitive run of a character has EVER returned to that character and had a run that was even halfway decent.

Jurgens on current Superman?

Hear, hear, anonfriend. There's just no pzazz or excitement in this WW series. Nevermind that there's practically nothing is going on.

I don't know whether this is a serious post or not.

Rucka only came back so he could turn back the mythos to how they were when he was writing his run. Now I wouldn't mind it if he would've told a good story with it, but he hasn't. He forgot what his purpose was while writing his fan fiction.

It actually feels more like it's trying to go back to Perez mythos while also trying to make the characters he created relevant again.

We never need another thread on Rucka's run cause it's been said beautifly

Rucka tried an experiment with the trading storylines between issues, but it just doesn't work. It fucked with the pacing in a bad way that almost ruined the origin part, which I actually do enjoy quite a bit. The modern day stuff is extremely decompressed. The story so far could have been told in half the issues and it probably would have made more sense.

I hate when writers write a long story to just retcon something.

He's more or less "not muh" Diana back to when he started writing her. It feels like he's just burning off old plot from his first go-around without the side characters that made his first run so interesting.

He's got the same issues as the last time in that he doesn't have a compelling villain. Veronica Cale, at least under Rucka, has always been dull and without good motivation and while Dr. Poison wasn't exactly good before, turning her into the leader of a generic mercenary goon squad isn't helping the character.

I feel like Rucka deserves to have the next Wondy writer retcon all this stuff. Taste of his own medicine, so to speak.

As of DC isn't gonna movie origin the shit outta her the minute Rucka leaves.

>Jurgens on current Superman?
Jurgens Supes was good, great even, but it wasn't Waid on Flash or Claremont on X-Men levels of definitive.

>No one cares about Wonder Women ever
>They bring in a writer who actually makes it interesting, brings in greek gods and greek mythos, a colorful cast, a lot of mythology, Diana has a bit more character, it can carry itself
>People love it at the time, gains new readers
>Immediately they get that guy off the book, hand it over to someone who shits it up the very next arc, and give it to someone else again who decides to retcon it all because he hates it.
>DC: "Guess everyone hated the changes, lets make it back to what it was then"
>People go back to not reading it

Why do they hate her? Any time something almost happens with her its killed.

>Ares uses Dr. Poison's help to take over the world
>Diana is thousands of years old now

What do you think it's happening?

The next step is time travel shenanigans to make her fight in WW1

>Diana has a bit more character, it can carry itself

The only thing wrong with your post. She hadn't much character in Azzarello's run.

Not that she has any in Rucka's either. Not this one, at least.

I said "a bit" more character, she could at least pretend to have a character playing off the various characters in her life at the time.

The amazons are kinda terrible characters in contrast, they don't work.

Diana clearly requires a zero tolerance editorial mandate when it comes to her origin or something

I'm a big fan of both of Jurgens' runs on Superman, even if his 90s stuff is schlock in a lot of places it works really well thematically. But you're right it isn't a "definitive" Superman run even if it did include the most well known Superman story of all time.

Action Comics is fucking terrible and anyone who says otherwise is lying
that old hack needs to let it go

Jurgens shlock can be hit or miss. Will never forgive him for supermanifying Thor. His current arc is good though.

I enjoyed the Lex and Superman interaction. I also enjoy the mystery of new Clark.

Rucka genuinely was a good writer once upon a time. Hell his convergence tie ins were awesome. Maybe he needs a stronger editorial? I think his biggest issue is decompression ITIS. It sucks no matter what.

good or bad, whatever anyones opinions, i feel like noting mine on a specific subject

dual storylines running at once
in the beginning i liked one, and actively hated another
what the fuck kind of plan is this, run two separate storys, under the same title, that have nothing to do with each other, and tell your readers to just buy both

i know WHY they ended up doing it, however retarded it is, but it left enough of a bad taste in my mouth buying a comic i like half of it (and still buying the other half, to keep up in case ANYTHING interesting happened)
enough of a bad taste that i canceled it completely shortly after just getting every other "issue"

and while i like azz's run, honestly the biggest thing i liked was the addition of new and varied characters/life into wonder woman.
this series just adds "new" versions of old characters, and does it meh at best

>Will never forgive him for supermanifying Thor

Jurgen's Thor is still one of the better Thor runs in the past two decades, desu.

>Maybe he needs a stronger editorial?

Allegedly he has free reign on the title, hence why everybody criticizing the book calls it fan fiction.

Deadpool / Spiderman ?

>Rucka genuinely was a good writer once upon a time
Not really. He had a few good comics under his belt but he also had a lot of crap people like to ignore and another bunch of crap people liked to overrated and call good.

No Man's Land
Bodyguard/Murderer/Fugitive
Death and the Maidens
Batwoman
Checkmate
Gotham Central

And that's just the DC stuff. Queen and Country was amazing.

Because Rucka was always a boring, mediocre writer.

>No Man's Land
Stupid, overly long, tedious. Some bright spots here and there but also a lot of dumb moments.

>Bodyguard/Murderer/Fugitive
Terible

>Death and the Maidens
MUHH STUDENT OF DENNY O'NEIL
Tries too hard and fails

>52
>Batwoman
Great, but he had collaborators

>Checkmate
That was fairly good despite it';s short comings like his awful Amanda Waller.

>Gotham Central
Overrated in general and Brubaker's issues were better anyway.

The only time Batwoman was ever close to being good was under J. H. Williams

Jurgens neither wrote a definitive Superman run, nor is his current action comics anything but terrible.

Azz pls

We need to stop saying this is boring (even though it is). When a large group of people all agree on a single criticism, that criticism will then start to get dismissed entirely as a meme, and this book doesn't deserve to get off that easily.

I didn't like the book, but parts of it were okay. In all honestly, he did do a great job, considering the concept of the book was so paper-thin, and the premise of their relationship was so widely despised.

>I enjoyed the Lex and Superman interaction. I also enjoy the mystery of new Clark.
I enjoy the concept of those things very much, but Jurgens' execution of it is fucking terrible. People need to learn to judge books based on execution rather than concept, it's a big problem around here (and most forms of media, really).

...do people actually believe this? Jesus, no wonder the comic book industry is such a mess. You people literally love trash, and whenever writers try and step things up, everyone throws a fit and starts screaming "not muh", because the only thing fuckers want is your shitty, tired, predictable old schlock, EXACTLY the way it always ways, but who cares, because it's "comfy", right?

That's also a huge problem. The writer doesn't seem to care that much and so no one in the book seems to care either. This comic is written like it's somebody's job, not like a great work of passion for the character that Rucka has had in the past.

yeah because character assassination like the one perpetrated by Marvel over these years is much better right?

>Bodyguard/Murderer/Fugitive

I still have no idea how you get such a strong writer with material so perfectly in his wheelhouse and somehow produce the most generic espionage comic imaginable.

I mean you could swap the comic characters out and turn it into a generic post-24 potboiler novel and no one would have noticed. If I didn't know who wrote it I would have thought it was penned by some hack novelist dabbling into comics for the first time, like when Jodi Picoult took a warm flower-scented dump on Wonder Woman for a few issues.

If you ahd told me that John Grisham had written that trilogy I wouldn't have blinked.

You can't use that criticism because most of you like the Rebirth Superman and it's the same damn thing. You're all fooled by words. It's the same damn charter, the same damn costume, same damn dialogue, same damn goals and aspirations, same damn shit. But because they said he's "le post crisis Superman that you oh so love" instead of the "Superman from that New 52 era you all hate" you all flew to it like flies to shit. Not even defending Rucka because I didn't like his first run on Wonder Woman either, just pointing out how most of you are hypocrites.

>turning it into company wars
No, I will agree Marvel's current state is absolutely laughable, but I'm not much happier with DC's approach, either.

In fact, I don't think I have books from either company on my pull list right now. Except for Flintstones, which is neither here nor there.

Why did you even bring Marvel into this? Are you trying to argue that if Marvel is shit, DC only needs to be slightly better than shit for you to enjoy them?

It's too fucking decompressed and none of it feels new. It's just spinning it's wheels at this point

>which is neither here nor there.
It IS DC though. And I would say you're missing out on Deathstroke and Doom Patrol and Shade. But the worst thing is when some creator linked a podcast on twitter and I listened to it for a while and turned red with rage. It's like, they were talking about how bad Vertigo got and then one of them said "oh and I read and enjoy Clean Room and Sheriff of Babylon from them but yeah...", and another "oh yeah, I heard good things about those and Unfollow)(but he obviously didn't read any. But here's what the chucklefucks were mad about, the fact that there wasn't a consistent tone throughout the imprint and that the series don't feel connected. What a fucking bullshit thing to say. But it just goes to show what someone said earlier, people prefer "comfy" interconnected stories with events every 2 months over good put separate series that do their own thing.

No please no. No more origins. Just DO something.

That's a really good cover

Shade didn't interest me. I did read a couple of issues of Doom Patrol, and it certainly is interesting, but I didn't have room on my pull list at the time. I might look into the trades, since I think it will read better that way, anyway, it's a bit thick of a book to digest on a monthly basis. Everyone keeps mentioning Deathstroke, so I guess I should give it a read at some point.

And while Flintstones IS technically DC, it's not pandering capeshit, nor is it part of Rebirth which is what we're really talking about here, so it really doesn't matter. It would be like lumping in the Star Wars comics or the Dark Tower adaptations with Marvel's main books. They're completely unrelated and not affected by the editorial shit we're all tired of.

That cover was the best part of the run. It's been all downhill from there.

>I didn't have room on my pull list
What IS you pull list? And yeah, Flintstones isn't Rebirth, Rebirth is trash but neither is Shade or DP. They are DC comics though.

>It would be like lumping in the Star Wars comics or the Dark Tower adaptations with Marvel's main books. They're completely unrelated and not affected by the editorial shit we're all tired of.
Not at all, Flintstones for example has the same group editor as Deathstroke.

>And while Flintstones IS technically DC, it's not pandering capeshit
Yeah, it's progressive propaganda that only sells ~10k, truly the future of comics.

>sales are an indication of quality
Typical Rebirth fan that only started reading comics last year.

At the time, a lot of image and IDW. Descender, Autumnlands, The Fix, Klaus, Tokyo Ghost, Big Trouble in Little China, Both Transformers books, TMNT, Ghostbusters, probably a few other things that have ended or been canned since then.

And I was still reading Action Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow and Batman before I dropped them all for being too lame.

Most of those are really lame, my man

Wonder Woman not doing it for you? Try Artemis instead

Well why don't you tell me what you read so I can call those lame, then we'll be even? ;^)

>they get that guy off the book,
I don't think that was the case, azzarello was simply done with what he wanted to do.

Nah, man I'm serious. You complain about nostalgia pandering but then read Ghistbusters and TMNT
You think it's wise to try out Action Comics despite Jurgens being on writing duties and the fact that they had to jump through a million hoops to please nostalgiafags.
And the writing in Tokyo Ghost was obnoxious, art was amazing but that made reading the comic all the more infuriating.
I don't know why you count Klaus though, I assume you mean the one shot? So how can that be on a pull list? And I like Descender despite Lemire's pacing problems, and I like Black Hammer too.

>dem tatas

I wish I understood the endless praise this artist gets...

She is a big girl for all of us

Ghostbusters and TMNT are old franchises, but the IDW series are doing new things with them, and doing it well. Ask anyone who actually reads them, they are anything but pandering schlock. And even if they were, these are characters that are far less over-exposed than Batman and Superman.

I tried Action because the concept sounded interesting, but the execution turned out to be shit, so I dropped it a few months in when it was still not going anywhere. Plus I was reading it when Pak was on it, so I just left it on my pull list.

I agree Tokyo Ghost was obnoxious.

Klaus was in progress at the time. It was a 7 issue mini-series.

What's the point of critiquing my pull list, anyway? It doesn't change the fact that at the time, I wasn't in the mood to pick up a new book. I can still make a note of it to read later, so chill.

Because the only thought they had going in was "Azzarello's run was too adventurous, we need to get rid of that." So it sticks to boring, "safe," rehashed Wonder Woman content of the sort that hasn't been popular since the 70s, which just so happens to be when the writer was reading comics.

Because nothing is happening. The first arc ends the same way the Rebirth issue ends. And the Year One story was super generic and predictable.

Morrison? But I guess All Star Superman isn't exactly a "run"

>And even if they were, these are characters that are far less over-exposed than Batman and Superman.
That's a real bullshit and hipster thing to say. Both those franchises just developed a huge following but never had that much potential to being with, and I say that as someone who loved both the TMNT cartoon and the Ghostbusters movie when I was a kid, and the 2k TMNT cartton was Super good too, and I even trued out dome comics, and really, there's nothing innovating about TMNT comics, they have no Year One or All Star Superman.

>It was a 7 issue mini-series
But it had ended "at the time" when Rebirth was in bloom.

>I tried Action because the concept sounded interesting
Yeah but it was Jurgens, man... You can't be one if those people that think concept is more important than execution... You have a point though about just leaving it on if you were reading the previous run

>so chill
I am chill. Don't take it as an attack on you because it's not so please don't be insecure. Just saying, you can't be mad at people for liking nostalgia pandering when you're kind of guilty if it too, you just like smaller IPs.
And the only reason I asked for your pull list was be cause I think the industry is shit right now and there's not much worth reading at the moment.

>So it sticks to boring, "safe," rehashed
Rebirth in a nutshell.

Quality has nothing to do with it. If DC publishes nothing but high quality 10k selling books, they'll get mothballed.

In some cases it works. This was clearly not one of them.

>In some cases it works
Literally 4u

And many others, according to sales charts and general consensus.

Ball's in your court, mate, unless you really intend to go down the "everything is opinion so you're not allowed to judge anything" route.

I mean, you seriously went the sales=quality route....
See

I never really liked Artemis for being edgy WW but right now she's more interesting than Diana

>So it sticks to boring, "safe," rehashed Wonder Woman content of the sort that hasn't been popular since the 70s

Bronze Age > Rerucka