Bloodstone Storytime

Monsters Unleashed is in 2 days. What better time to read about Marvel's premier monster hunter? This is the Ballad of Ulysses Bloodstone.

He is not a hot, redhead, british chick with a dirty mouth so i have trouble being interested

Apologies if I go a bit slow, I've been reading Moon Knight the past few days and have quiiiiiite a few tabs open.

Well I liked it enough to say to myself "gee, that was fun, I should waste an evening ensuring that others get to experience it too" so that's something.

@Plus hey, historical context's always good. Elsa wouldn't exist were it not for this story.
Besides her own eponymous comic's pretty shit IIRC, since it was pre-Ellis. Not to mention it's about a different kind of monster.

Oboy, Pat Boyette!

Daily reminder that Steven Universe is a ripoff of Ulysses Bloodstone

Ulysses WISHES he was swimming in that much pussy.

Thanks for the storytime user.

I'm sure there are many who wish Steven's life was as tragic as Ulysses' too.

motherfucker's 10,000 years old. you think he aint?

You're welcome.

Just sayin', the analogy would work better if he had a harem as a supporting cast.
The only similarity I'm seeing is the chest gem.

chest gem of an identical design and color that also makes him immortal and gives him superpowers

He done good stuff?
Or is that sarcasm?

Steven's immortal?
Hahaaaaaaaa, disregard that tragedy bit then.

I'm a fan, tho his stuff may be an acquired taste. Everyone looks Jack Palance.

Okay, now we move onto the Black & White stuff.
Might as well post the covers to show the issue breaks.

Ellisfag pls leave

No bully.
This storytime is a bully free zone.

Laptop's nearing breaking point. Might need to duck out for a bit after this issue, close some stuff.

Anybody recognize this guy? Apparently he'd go on to appear in other things.
Hold that thought.

I recognize him, he did show up in many stories. Bendis once spent several pages having some cops that clearly didn't reflect his views on the character shitting all over him and his name.

lel
Why even bother digging him up then? Does Benis just flip through an OHTMU for these guys or what?

Bendis "needed" a scene where some cops arrest a C-List villain and started wondering how a guy who only gains a couple thousand from robberies could afford to maintain his expensive technology (which is a genre convention that you should just ignore, but Bendis thought he was being clever by turning it into the premise of his story). Bendis decided to have Killer Shrike be a whiny loser and the cops to make fun of him because that's how Bendis rolls.

>which is a genre convention that you should just ignore
I disagree wholeheartedly. The fact that he botched the attempt should not detract from the valor of making the attempt. They used to hand out prizes for explaining away that sort of shit.

Well... no-prizes.

bruh's goin on a snack run and wants some company, brb

Pat is biting Kubert's style pretty hard.

Okay no more distractions! In it for the long haul!
Most likely.
...Maybe.
...letsseehowitgoes.

Man, you just reminded me that I downloaded a bunch of Marvel Monsters comics that I was going to storytime months ago, then MU ended up getting annoucned a few days later and I decided to hold off and do them closer to its release. Then I completely forgot about that.

Guess I'll wait until this storytime is done and get it started.

Seriously though I'm just trying to not jinx it. Barring narcolepsy, no more hiatuses.

glad to help, I think
Maybe you could space them out over the duration of the event. Like, Is Googam shows up do Googam's comic and so forth, if Xenmu is important in an issue do Xenmu's, etc..

Yeah, I'll probably do that. I've got a few personal faves that I'm going to do ahead of it though.

Cool.
All Atlas or have you fit in some superhero stuff?