Remember when COMEDIANS could actually be FUNNY and people would LAUGH instead of demanding a groveling public apology?

Remember when COMEDIANS could actually be FUNNY and people would LAUGH instead of demanding a groveling public apology?

youtube.com/watch?v=6y35B-qgF9o

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x30dra2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>a late night talk show host tells a 'joke'
>the audience breaks out into applause instead of laughter

If you can't tell a good joke without being edgy, then you aren't a comedian.

Watched the Maria Bamford special today. She had a great joke about Pryor having a bit about the difference between beating white women and beating black women. Times certainly have changed.

>breaks out into applause instead of laughter
Holy shit, I think you nailed it here.

As odd of a source as it is, Tina Fey actually called it out years ago. Said Jon Stewart was getting applause and she wants laughter. I think she called it clapter or something like that.

You realize most people would still laugh at that right? Some tumblarina would get offended but nobody cares about that except you know... you.

also offended tumblarinas still existed back then they just didn't have blogs.

I can never hate Tina Fey, 30 Rock is just too solid. You can make fun of my beliefs all you want, as long as you do it in a proper satirical format and are actually funny.
>Paid for by the Commission to Re-invade Vietnam

I actually agree, but I also confuse her for her character who is not a funny person. More like a needy aunt. And I hate her era of SNL and everything that came after. Yes yes, it's all good in hindsight, but the funny moments thinned out after her and it got more and more politically motivated.

Also, I hated Sarah Palin but I hated Fey's "This is 100% her actual interview" more.

>How many times does the CIA need to stage a shooting before you stupid idiots will give up your rights??
>Standing ovation

I get the impression Tina is pretty red-pilled. Her shows seem to give zero fucks about political correctness.

I don't understand how SNL lasted as long as it did. It's a flawed format because they just can't fill an hour long show with jokes, even with the musical guest. You're going to get shitty skits in every episode, and even the good skits will last too long. Do people actually watch the full episodes live, or do they just wait for Youtube to post the "highlights"?

Why aren't comedy routines released as theatrical films anymore, Sup Forums? The "standup comedy film" used to be its own genre, and some were quite popular.

There's something special about catching a great skit live and knowing it's live to air, especially when things don't go right. I remember watching this live and laughing my ass off: dailymotion.com/video/x30dra2

They last because they only really need good viewership numbers during the first part of the show in order to fill their advertising slots at a high premium compared to typical weekend late-night TV shows or infomercials. It's also at an advantage because it airs in most markets at 11:30pm on Saturday, which is a dead-zone for television in general. Its competition at that hour is mostly niche stuff like Adult Swim on Cartoon Network.

WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

I know you're supposed to be over eighteen to post here but that doesn't mean you have to be middle-aged, Jack.

>People died today. Lets dehumanize people and strip them of their rights so they'll die different ways down the line.

I don't think I'm a nihilist or anything, but I completely fail to see why so many people see gun control as an obvious sacrifice. Of course these things are tragedies, but life's full of tragedies. Improve where you can, but tragedy and humanity go together and always will. Don't have kids, they'll have to bury you someday.

That's HBO's doing, right?

"""Sup Forums knowledge"""
I hate it when you armchair philosophers pass yourselves off as legitimate critics.

Markdown doesn't work here fyi

Tina is definitely not the first or the last to point it out.
It's outdated and cheap. My grandpa would laugh, and that's not a slight against him, but it's just not good comedy.
"Hurr durr foreigners sound funny look dey sound like this - "
Yeah, and?
"And dey fucks bad too!"

Belongs in the 70's.

>not him, but
heh heh. but who else is gonna keep certain things straightened out when younger folks would twist it up for their own purposes? you ever been to Sup Forums or /vr/? it's a got'damn mess over there. i wanna apply to be a janitor just to keep that shit tidy. young fags shitting errr'vry wheres.

To be fair, what else would you call it?
A concise political statement with a punchline is a kind of joke imo.

Disagree. The stuttering Chinese guy bit had me rolling.

Comedy remains subjective as always, it can't be "outdated", just shitty.

>lmao them chinese niggas sure talk funny, am i right folks?

Yeah OP comedy gold, almost as good as Arnold impressions

>Don't have kids

If you can admit styles change with passing decades, you can admit some are better than others, because that's what it means to be different!

bingo

Sure I'll accept that premise, as long as you accept that recency doesn't necessarily imply improvement, especially when concerning the arts.

Nobody in here said that though. They just said "Wow this is old my grandpa would like this but I don't."

>I missed the point of that post and wanted to post a jew meme

It's okay bro. I got you. And I agree.

>I didn't laugh but I agreed the fuck out of it