Did she ever help Tony?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YUgHDXOdUos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Helped him bust a nut.

zhe gav him da succc

helped him to develop into a better sociopath, sure

*psychopath

People think psychiatrists are or should be miracle makers; they're not, they can't help you if you're not willing to be helped. Tony very much wasn't

*sociopath

She helped him being less depressed a few times, trying to actually help him become a good person was just impossible, Tony never wanted that.

Getting your problems out verbally does wonders for the human body. Things that you keep bottled up do nothing but stress you out. Psychiatrists don't do shit.

haha le funny reddit picture omg :-DDD

What has Ryan Gosling got to do with his post?

She helped Tony gain some great insights into himself as a person. If he did anything good with those insights is debatable. He seemed to become a better parent as the show went on.

claiming "Psychiatrists don't do shit." is incredibly retarded and ignorant and only shows how the person has no clue what he's talking about. So yes, le funny reddit picture omg :-DDD fit perfectly

>doing a rewatch
>just got to "Pine Barrens"
>realize it is the very definition of a reddit episode
Completely full of memes and le ebin jokes complete with a wacky plot, while everyone behaves completely out of character and the tone is nothing like the rest of the show. It might actually be the shittiest episode in the entire series.

Putting a bunch of city guinea Italians into nature causes you to act out of character.

I think you've become too grumpy and elitist by sitting on Sup Forums too much, time to go outside bud.

youtube.com/watch?v=YUgHDXOdUos

>tfw this is literally every single day of mine at work

You must be fun at parties

i cant see this picture without seeing tatooine in the background

Here's the unedited pic

>tfw to poor to afford going to a therapist
I meditate instead it feels pretty helpful

wew, wait too many plebbit retards on this site nowadays.

that was a stupid thing at the end. tony wasnt there to cure or help his sociopathy or antisocial behaviors. he was there to help the panic attacks and later his depression. her kicking tony out cause she got convinced that therapy wont work with sociopaths made no sense. i thought she accepted tony is a criminal and decided to treat his depression anyways, and now suddenly she won't meet with him again since she can't cure his personality disorder? shitty writing, like most of s6

That was more about Melfi's weakness and frailty as a person though. A little lazy but it worked.

How?

am I the only one who thinks the actress was completely fucking terrible?
who talks like that?

A person with an accent

She helped him in the first episode of the first fucking season are you kidding me

No she was great, you have to realize that Melfi was supposed to be up her own ass and not nearly as smart as she thought she was, just educated.

It's like you watched only the first episode and then skipped to the last.

I chuckle everytime they mention Goodfellas in the Sopranos. Particularly when Melfi is around.

They did an amazing job with the shrinks in this show. I always remember that scene where Melfi's psychiatrist removes the top of a sports bottle to take a sip, pretty much summed how far up their own ass these people are.

well no, it made no sense from a professional point of view . therapy won't work on psychopaths is a well known thing since 90s or something like that when they did prision studies with inmates. and she knew tony was a mob boss since season 1 e1. maybe you didn't notice the part when shes reading about the most basic description of sociopaths/psychopaths, and then she decides she won't treat tony anymore. also, treat him for what? he wasn't even there to get help and reform as a criminal, he was there cause of his panic attacks. yes, i get that melfi had enough of tony, but the whole part where her collegues show her that she can't change a socyopath with therapy (with is pretty obvious even for someone with a casual interest in psychology) is bad writing

My favorite thing is how they actually managed to make Tony seem noticeably much more intelligent than pretty much everyone around him.

psychopaths are fearless, theyre retarded cause it means they get caught

hes not that, he feared prison/death/losing face/power

Well, that's no big feat let me tell you.

Well I mean, even with the "smart" (read: educated) characters it is apparent, despite the fact that he can barely speak english properly and "The Art of War" is the only book he's read since his one and half semesters of college.

patricians know Whitecaps is the best episode anyway

It's not bad writing, it was an excuse.

By season 6 Tony was going there because he felt like it was validating his actions, and apparently he enjoyed talking about them. Melfi never really cared that he was a criminal, to her he was just a sick man and eventually she felt responsible for him. She also enjoyed the thrill and even the risks of helping a man as violent as Tony.

Melfi only gave up once she had her way through with Tony and she didn't want to deal with the risks anymore. She dropped him once she noticed her reputation was being harmed among her colleagues and friends.

Melfi was doing it for herself. Remember the episode where she's talking with her psychiatrist and confesses she treats him for the rush it gives her?

Madonn

GET THE FUCK OUT BRUTO

Been here since '06. That shouldn't be my defense, but yeah, you're the annoying cunt.

This. And it fit the theme of hypocrisy the show exhibited a lot of. Melfi was prob the least hypocritical person on the show, but she still had a bit in her.

fucking kek

psychiatry is nothing but a racket for the jew

Oh poor jew

His panic attacks were gone.

I'm glad she kicked him out of therapy. Tony was a criminal and i have 0 sympathy for him or his family.