Name a time where not having super powers actually benefited Batman

Name a time where not having super powers actually benefited Batman.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Qt42ASS1Rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Name a time where not being Superman actually benefited anyone ever.

When the Hyperclan attacked. They thought Batman was just some shitty human they shouldn't worry about, and that was their downfall.

talkingisafreeaction.jpg

Every fucking time Amazo shows up.

Criminals and villains in general suffer from narcissism or have self confidence issues and they can both be easily provoked with the right words. Police negotiators do it all the time and people forget that Batman is just a detective that dresses up as a rodent and knows martial arts

I think Batman not having super powers benefits everyone.
Cause seriously, would you really trust a nutcase faggot, who dresses like a bat, with super powers?

He stopped crime in the entire world 24/7 when he gained Superman's powers.

Sure, he lost what little of his sanity he had left, but still.

See, that's why Batman shouldn't have super powers. The last thing we want is Injustice 2: Batman Boogaloo.

he doesnt need powers he just need to go beyond

I'm not entirely convinced he doesn't have superpowers.

>Batman beating martians

What hack wrote this trash? This kind of batwank garbage is exactly why he's such an awful character.

>Batman gets powers
>loses his last shred of sanity
>finally rapes the Joker

One time Joker managed to infect Superman with Jokergas to basicically make Joker-Superman.

Batman beat him by spitting gum in his eye

So funny xD

Every time he faces a God, since heroic archetypes of mortal beating gods are as old as storytelling.

JLA Act of God?

>people forget that Batman is just a detective that dresses up as a rodent and knows martial arts

dont forget the billions of dollars

But Joker was already raped and Batman went on a rapespree ,remember?

People who get salty over Batman beating overpowered characters are the funniest.

I honestly don't get them. Aren't we all humans?

Why get mad that a human character managed to be respected and beat godlike characters?

Because he keeps doing it in moronic ways that shouldn't work half the time, either because of some asspule he did or because the guy he's fighting forgot he had superpowers

Because it's almost invariably done in a retarded way, which is seriously put in a weird light when you see him get fucked up by goons like the Scarecrow.

>he's complaining about comic book characters winning off an asspull

Would have really came in handy when he was eight.

Well, yeah. Don't you find that annoying when it happens, too?

The Justice League arc with Tommy.

Everyone got de-powered by aliens, so for a brief time Batman was the most useful but then was like the second one caught by the aliens

I love when people that doesn't read batman comics get mad at batman, he is more popular that your favorite character, get over it

>my favorite character IS Batman though

Look buddy, we all know comics run off of a certain degree of BS, but when you reach the point where you're pulling so much stuff out of your ass that it's like a magician with a long string of tied together handkerchiefs, you've got a problem

The time he switched places with supes in Brave and the Bold. They shot "Batman" and shoved kryptonite in "Superman"'s face - but they switched costumes and laughed both attacks off.

Truth Has Been Spoken

>that time bruce came back as a new character and studied all his students while wearing a suit that gave him the abilities of the JL

Not as OP as the hellbat armor but pretty cool. Shame the series was shit and immediately retconned.

sauce? I would like to read that.

Because Batman would just use his teammates abilities better than them due to his better focus and willpower.

Batman doesn't have super powers because characters with his skill set and personality would be nigh unstoppable if they had super strength or super speed or a power ring

This user knows what he's talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=4Qt42ASS1Rg

To be fair, Superman there was infected with a Joker virus, had been beaten with knuckles made out of miniature red suns and still managed to wreck Batman's expensive armor and almost kill him before finally being brought down with a potent kryptonite gum to the eye.

I think the issue is that Batman's contingencies for his teammates going rogue only account for them going rogue and not instantly trying to kill everything they set their eyes on.

I mean, do you think a contingency against a somewhat pissed off but not quote murderous Superman would work against say, someone like Zod or Black Adam?

Something I will give DC credit for is that Batman has never actually defeated Superman before (ignoring the movie, but that's for another day).

Batman has specifically stated that his entire plan counts on Superman holding back in some way.

Hell, one of them involved turning Superman's skin transparent with Red Kryptonite so he'd absorb so much sunlight he risks exploding. That plan depends on Superman bothering to try and hold it all in rather then doing pic related

Batman doesn't murder, though, and most of his plans against his friends is more about containing them.

Take ENDGAME for example.

He'd stop Superman by weakening, beating and finalizing with kryptonite.
He'd stop Wonder Woman by placing her in a dream-like state with a magical lasso.
He'd use Flash speed and momentum to hurt him enough so he'd be to hurt to get up.
He'd absorb all of Aquaman's bodily fluids.

Yeah but in Tower of Babel two of his plans would totally end in death. Stick WW in a mental battle with a perfect opponunt until her heart gives out, and drug Aquaman with Scarecrow toxin so he's afraid of water until he dehydrates himself to death

Dude has levels of how much he wants to dick over his teammates

He'd probably rescue them before they'd die, though.

Remember, also, that Ra's al Ghul altered his plans to be more deadly against the JL.

I fucking hate that they never did a brief story where Batman actually uses the Sinestro Corps ring. Its always cockteased in certain stories and frankly Id like to see what he'd do with it in Gotham before ultimately getting rid of it

Batman'd never use because he doesn't trust the technology, doesn't trust himself with it because he might very well lose control and don't want to grow dependent on anything.

Yeah I get that, but we cant have one "what if" short story doing something with it?

what if Batman became a green lantern?

It'd be cool, but Batman would have to lose control and let fear dictate his every actions and being basically becoming poor man's Sinestro to Gotham.

>Take ENDGAME for example.

One of the best examples of contrived writing to make sure everyone is operating at a half tank to give Batman even a snowball's chance in hell.

>He'd stop Superman by weakening, beating and finalizing with kryptonite.

Superman trashed the Justice Buster with a building then proceeded to trash it physically, no need to get close enough for kryptonite or red suns to be a factor, ever.

Not to mention when Superman actually did get his hands on Batman, he had the genius idea of flying him to space, instead of, you know, squeezing Batman like a tube of toothpaste or slapping his head off.

>He'd stop Wonder Woman by placing her in a dream-like state with a magical lasso.

That has never even alluded to anywhere ever of even existing, it was a literal deus ex machina that saved his ass.

>He'd use Flash speed and momentum to hurt him enough so he'd be to hurt to get up.

If Flash ever went on a murderspree, Batman wouldn't even know it until the few seconds his brain is active when it's been snatched off his body.

>He'd absorb all of Aquaman's bodily fluids.

Aquaman can call his army or simply has the surface world flooded. There's no contingency plan for that unless the more powerful heroes there to put Aquaman in check already, in which case, that's not Batman doing anything.

The whole point of my post is that his plans are half measures against half ass attempts by rogue elements, that shit won't fly should an opponent go full tilt Plutonian.

>To be fair, Superman there was infected with a Joker virus
How is that possible?

Right, cause having no powers certainly is a boon when fighting a guy that can copy powers.

Wait, no it's not, because then he's a powerless schmuck up against a god-robot with all the powers of his super powered teammates, which means he can't do shit.

>no need to get close enough for kryptonite or red suns to be a factor, ever.

Superman tried to hit him with his heat-vision and the armor drained it with its shield.

>That has never even alluded to anywhere ever of even existing, it was a literal deus ex machina that saved his ass.

It's a good concept, though.

>f Flash ever went on a murderspree

That if he targeted Batman first. If not, then no.

>Aquaman can call his army or simply has the surface world flooded.

How would he do that trapped and dehydrated.

But he was always instrumental in defeating Amazo.

Because it's inconsistent and makes the character inconsistent in the process.

If he can beat gods and such without effort, then what's the point of him fighting powerless crazy people? Where's the tension? Where's the challenge for him?

They want to have it both ways where Batman is the underdog normal guy while also making him the invincible badass that can't lose.

>If he can beat gods and such without effort

But there's always great effort.

>What hack wrote this trash?

Is this bait?

>Batman has never actually defeated Superman before

Do the Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Endgame, and Batman: Hush not count or something?

There is an elseworld with Bruce becoming GL

Superman: Red Son as well.

A hack named GRANT MORRISON. Yes, GRANT MORRISON.

Drop a giant rock on him, there.

It was an asspull.

The second Batman received news of MurderFlash, it's already too late, he won't see it coming.

If Arthur decides 'fuck the surface' on a whim, Batman ain't trapping shit unless it's Aquaman's turn to hold the retard stick.

He didn't even beat superman in Returns. He just said he did and immediately had a heart attack.

Haven't read the other two though.

It's a goddamn expensive armor that Batman spent almost his entire fortune to make. He survive tons of pushing, punching and droppings during that fight.

The lasso was a cool concept, m8. Wonder Woman having no weakness is bullshit and Hephaestus creating counter-measures for her makes sense. The amazons are untrustworthy.

If Flash decide to kill Batman first, then Batman's dead.
If Flash decide to kill other people or the other JL members first, then Batman have time to get to his armor which can predict and act on Flash's moderate use of super-speed. Batman's banking on Flash not using his maximum speed on him. So it's a toss-up.

If Arthur decide to invade the surface world, then he has more things to deal other than Batman.

He faked the heart-attack, though. It was a ruse.

>Dark Knight Returns
>Bruce spends the entire fight out to kill
>Clark spends the entire fight trying to deescalate it
>Bruce needs outside outside help to even get kryptonize involved
>After all that, weakened by Kryptonite and facing down a mech, Superman is more concerned about Bruce's heart then his own situation
>"I want you to remember the one who beat you"
>Oh no I am now having a heart attack for real guys
>Also I guess Alfred dies as well for some reason
>Clark seems a bit bruised but overall alright after all that

Batman wins in the same way your cousin wins after he turned off the console the second he got in the lead

No it was explicitly stated that his plans got stolen and heavily modified to be lethal by Ras al ghul

Sure he used it but he was only slightly better than a novice with it. The ring ultimately self-destructed because of how terrible Batman is at wielding it.

You're both retarded.

Evans shitposter in particular though.

Just once, I'd like Superman to pluck him across a continent. Or beat him in hand to hand combat depowered ala karate kid training or ala being Superman and simple becoming a better fighter. I think we could hear the oxygen draining out batfags bodies if a writer took off Superman's kid gloves.

You completely fail to understand the point of why people enjoy seeing Batman win in fights against Superman, and why Superman is inspiring the readers by Batman winning.

The reason why people enjoy seeing Batman win is because Batman doesn't have superpowers. Hypothetically Batman could exist. He's a human the same as the rest of us. Superman is an alien with godlike powers, and while he cares deeply about humanity he isn't human. Bruce beating up Clark shows people that the human spirit is indomitable.

I believe it was CS Lewis (but I could be wrong) who said "The importance of fairy tales isn't to show people that dragons are real; it's to show people they can be beaten". Superman is literally inspiring humans (the readers) when he loses to Batman.

All those times when an evil genius fires some superpower supressing ray at the Justice League and for some reason every last damn member forgets that they are steroid amped brick shithouses even without powers and Batman has to save them.

Probably one of my favorite arcs in Superman/Batman. Shame that they made didn't make this into an animated movie

Endgame

I always laugh when thinking about how inconsistent batman is in situations with villains.

Either he gets wanked to death at the price of the writings quality or he loses to some no name villain from Gotham because its fuckers introductory comic so he's gotta be presented as a threat.

Its almost as though the writers have to massively overcompensate in crossover comics since they themselves are aware lf how illequiped batman is at dealing with anything on the superhumans tier.

Or maybe Gotham City and its villains are just way more competent then the rest of the DC multiverse.

Have you ever thought about that?

Batman really should get some kind of super power dampener Super power. It wouldn't influence his solo stories, and it'd make him work in the larger DC universe much easier. Maybe tie it to his martial arts training or something.

I miss justice league. Feel like watching all the episodes again for the memories...and something actually good to watch

A good writer is able to work Batman's limitations and strengths in. Look at the JLA series started in the late 90s. There were huge duds but Batman wasn't the OP batgod he is now.

He had his awesome moments just like rest of the Leaguers. Each of them even Superman or Aquaman utilised their skills in a smart clever manner that was always awesome in the page. My favourite was Morrison using Superman Blue powers to defeat their enemies. He was one of the few guys to make S-Blue genuinely entertaining.

It's just that lots of Batman casuals only focus on Batman's feats when they read that run, delebirately ignoring everyone else to justify their opinion. Case in point the dumbfuck user in this thread who posted the martians vs Batman thread or any casual that calls himself a Doomfag but never picked up a FF comic.

>Batman'd never use because he doesn't trust the technology, doesn't trust himself with it because he might very well lose control and don't want to grow dependent on anything.
That's a stupid fucking reason because for all the actual flaws Batman might have, a lack of self-control isn't one of them.

It had traces of kryptonite in the gum