Name one character that would be able to stop Tyler

Name one character that would be able to stop Tyler

Protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Atheists don't have morals
I never really understood this viewpoint. If you're only being good because God told you to and you want to get into heaven/are afraid of hell, how are you really good?
Lots of atheists behaive without expecting to get a reward in the afterlife for it.

It's because without an absolute moral arbiter there is no basis for objective morality.

I dont know, man. He doesnt have morals.It's ALL OVER.

A lot of moralists argue that without GOD, an absolute arbiter to determine good or evil, man is without direction, aimless, and easy prey for evil. Which is the opposite of that which Nietzche believes in- that christian slave morality should be removed and mankind free to create a new morality- one based in morality created from culture, not scripture.

Radical Larry or Ed with the monster suit on, a pebble in his shoe, and Jib.

Atheist Mom has got it going on

How can Tyler become a god if he doesn't believe in gods?

donald trump

>Becomes a God
>Immediately ceases to exist
Only Tyler can truly stop Tyler.

atheist belive everything is relative
maybe fire wont burn your hands? maybe you dont really fall if you jump from a high point?

It wouldn't be a remotely fair fight.

this mother fucker.

Nonsense.

We live in a universe without an arbiter and yet there are tons of religions that have popped up claiming to have objective basis in morality.

Clearly you don't actually need one to make a moral system.

Which is good, because maybe then someone could find your opinions relatively interesting.

Minus, Franklin Richards, Elaine Belloc, and maybe Tim Hunter.

Coconut Fred

Gorr used to be an atheist, because life on his planet sucked and he believed if there really was a God things wouldn't suck. Then he discovered that Gods are real, they just don't care, so he decided to kill them all.

We have science that established mechanisms by which fire burns our hands and fall.

There's also cold fire and sometimes floating.

none of those are actually objective though, they just say they are.

There is no objective morality. It's not like Christians didn't commit crimes, or Christian nations did not have their shares of atrocities.

There are basic concepts that are good for any society that mostly summarized as "no infighting", but they are bent too as individuals see fit and religion for all its attempts to codify it could never actually preserve them.

Oh yes science that says that a man can be born with the brain of a woman and that there is climate change except there isn't and there isn't a single proof of it
You don't believe in science, you blindly believe what television tells you is science

Not that user, but what counts as science?

this is poor bait.

can i just say: christians actually believe this shit. they believe that they own moral behavior and that anyone who disagrees with them is objectively, factually evil.

and when everyone else is evil, it makes it really easy to do terrible things to them without feeling bad.

which is fuckin evil.

t. fedora club president

You

He's baiting, dingus.

Christians base their power level on the size of their hats, but use headwear as an insult against atheists.

Is projection a religious imperative to these clowns?

To be fair, their leader has one of the biggest hats on earth, while fedoras are comparatively small.

nowdays fuck me if i know
there is too many people trying to get in the way and fake shit, global warming was a complete hoax so they changed it to climate change, before that it was the ozone layer and before that nuclear energy was going to freeze the planet
you got to have some perspective to understand the media always runs with end of the world scares to get people attention plus you have to understand that journalists dont know anymore about science than you or me
at least with science you have to listen to many sources from every side, not long ago it was science that electroshock therapy cured the gays
and you have to stop crucifying everyone who doesnt belive the latest media scare, hell you could even listen for once

sometimes i fear that some of these replys arent actual sarcasm but people so deluded into their own little bubble they cant understand when someone thinks differently
if your internet is safe and clean and you get used to only getting positivity from it how are you going to handle real people in the real world?

>behaive

Atheism kills brain cells.

religion just kills.

There is literally no reason to be "moral" if there are no rules

well yeah there is
you have to understand that what you do becomes the new normal
maybe you want to harrass people taking pictures of them in the street with your phone but if thats ok for you its ok for everyone and sudenly you live in a world where everyone goes around snatching pictures of people they dont like and putting captions on them like sexual harrasser or doesnt tip and you cant go outside without that shit happenning to you
you got to have the decency to live accordingly to what you belive, if you belive thats a bad thing then dont take part on it and someday people will nottice your life is better because of it or they will nottice you stick to your word and follow your example

There are rules, they are imposed by man, and by respecting them we are assuring the functioning of society.

People who believe there isnt ANY reason to be moral without a reward for it scare the hell out of me.
Your telling me if you found out your religion is false, youd have no reason not to kill, steal, cheat, and generally harm anything and anyone in your way to what you want? Your telling me the concepts of sympathy and empathy go right out the window without allfathers guidance?

Does the guidance of your god mean nothing if in his absense their followers learned nothing from the message?

rules don't have to be based on religion.

a specific method.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
the user you're answering to is probably baiting, but he's right in that a lot of people treat science as a belief, that kinda the exact opposite of what it's supposed to be. I wonder how many people buying, for example, butter enriched with omega 3 actually know what omega 3 are and what is their supposed action on the body. Same thing with radium baths shortly after radioactivity was discovered.

Of course

If not for escaping hell, morals just make life objectively harder

Do you honestly believe average criminals allow religion to dictate their actions?

>If not for escaping hell, morals just make life objectively harder
On the contrary, the very reason society functions is because people follow moral codes. Without any morality, be it instilled on us by religion, our parents, or the goverment, society would surely crumble.

Beta Ray Bill of course.

neither is yours

If Tyler becomes a god, will he be Tyler, the Creator?

Nay for he is not a kind god. He hath become TYLER THE DESTROYER

>not wanting a virtuous life for its own sake

>the entire point

And crumble it would

Because humans are savages by nature and morality is almost artificial

Society is artificial, as are the clothes you are wearing and the device you are reading this on as well as the language you are reading it in. The artificial is what sets man apart from the beasts.

user, that is unbelievable retarded and only serves to demonstrate your own ignorance.

>morals just make life objectively harder
But that's false. In a society with morals, life is easier and safer for everyone than in an anarchist amoral society where you have to swear fealty to some gang or such to hope it provides some security

What's the point of swearing fealty in a society without morals?

The ones you swear fealty to might not kill you and take your stuff

Why live in a society like that?

Because every time you try to get enough supplies to leave, someone takes your stuff, and might kill you in the process

t.edgelord

This

athiests learned all their morals from their parents who learned it from their religious parents.

without someone telling you that hurting others is bad you have no reason to believe that hurting others is bad especially if it helps you.

Well that settles that.

We'll never see Bill in the MCU, will we?

True, but by your own logic religion is just an extra part that isn't needed anymore.

>without someone telling you that hurting others is bad you have no reason to believe that hurting others is bad
Empathy you silly.

>their leader
>comparing cathocucks to real christians...

Which is something that does have to be taught to some degree. Not completely, but there are some parts of empathy that need to be learned.

>that isn't needed anymore.
mmm people have been bastardizing christianity since at least the 60s but it was a great way to teach families the way to live together in a community and not live only for themselves (either by living in "sin" or by virtue signaling that they are great people)

everything is susceptible to subversion and corruption but religion in itself is not a negative force.

a lot of christian practices have been dropped within the last 50 years that really could have benefited us now, monogamy being one, would have cut down on crime by causing fewer single parents and broken families.

And the Muslim practice of not letting women leave home without a male family member would probably cut down on rape too.

>choosing not to fuck 30 guys is the same thing as not being allowed to leave the house over fear of death
false equivalency
you're dumb

And we should make it illegal to work on sundays again too

So your okay only having one sexual partner in your whole life?

holy fuck are you such a whore that you aren't?

why do you think that my argument was that the state and Christianity should be tied together?

No if Christians think that they shouldn't work on Sundays they should find a work place that will accommodate them

Sex is part of a healthy relationship. I want to know what the sex with a partner would be like before I decide to be stuck with them.

>your sexual skills are directly tied to genetics and you are physically incapable of being able to learn about your intimate relationship and how to please your partner through communication

you're life must fucking suck if you can't tell someone that something feels better than something else.

Your post here Came off to me as more of an argument to enforce monogamy than to just teach it. Looking back I probably read the tone wrong.

>your life mus
my bad

>Name one character that would be able to stop Tyler

Bump

>It's because without an absolute moral arbiter there is no basis for objective morality.
that doesn't really make the morality not subjective, you just say that this one subjects view of morality is "objective"

What JRPG is this from?

>Lutherans and many Jews don't belive in an afterlife
>Many Christian faiths don't believe in a hell, or belive in a "empty hell"

>Judeo-christian ethics is predicated on fear or promise of an afterlife

Rules handed down from God are obeyed to please God and to exalt mankind. To bring order to life.

Doing good is its own reward. And doing good for a reward or to avoid punishment is meaningless. This is a part of the ethic itself.

The argument is where can a ethic come from if not from spirituality. Even if you view the basis of Jewish law to be the law of earlier civilizations those ethics came from Thier spirituality. Greek law was stepped in worship or a hospitality God. Roman law and civilization is impossible to remove from Thier spirituality. And modern Western scientific thought was started by monks that had the time to work on something other than farming and war because of organized religion.

>A lot of moralists argue that without GOD, an absolute arbiter to determine good or evil, man is without direction, aimless, and easy prey for evil. Which is the opposite of that which Nietzche believes in- that christian slave morality should be removed and mankind free to create a new morality- one based in morality created from culture, not scripture.

>morality created from culture not scripture

However, from an atheistic veiwpoint this has ALWAYS been the case. Humans create gods and morals to regulate and embody their desired culture and if they find parts of those morals inconvenient they are slowly adapted or just 'forgotten.'

All his argument results in is conscious awareness of this process which undercuts the psychology at work and results in 'free-thinkers' who are either paralyzed by a lack of direction and introspective navalgazing or are are lonewolf ubermesnch waiting to be devoured by the rats the moment they shut their eyes (because the rats maintained their group cohesion.)>which is fuckin evil.

Without an absolute arbitrator 'evil' is just a meme for 'I don't like it' (no man doesn't count, didn't count in the past, ESPECIALLY doesn't count now as we approach the event horizon of transhumanity.) Your 'evil' is no more valid than their 'evil', perhaps less so because theirs results in a somewhat more evolutionary effective society rather than a discordance of personal opinions?

>where you have to swear fealty to some gang or such to hope it provides some security

What is 'The Nation-State' for 500 Alex?

good post

>>Lutherans... don't belive in an afterlife

FUCK, why wasn't I told?! I'm screwed!

I'd argue that ethic comes from practicality, and the spirituality is applied to the ethic after the fact

My personal view of how to define good and evil is defined by choice of options. Good is when the number of choices is the largest possible. Bad is when the possiblity of choices diminishes.

>unbelievable
did cnn teach you that word?

>a minor typo
>proof that atheism is bad

either you're trolling or a desperate Christcuck

I would love to hear more about this idea. Can you give some examples or something?

make a real argument

>user, that is unbelievable retarded and only serves to demonstrate your own ignorance.

you first.

That's logic. Not truth.

TARD FIGHT!!!

You are very clearly ignorant of the scientific method and a lot of fields of science. You are coming across as such a salty Christcuck

>Lutherans don't belive in an afterlife
You must be catholic. Lutherans split off from the Vatican chiefly because of a disagreement about how one gets into Heaven.

>thinking "ur dum I'm right" is an argument

You did it first.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Society

>Christians are now edgier than Atheists again

Huh.

>you have to go through the Church to get into the Kingdom of God
>Nuh-uh! God doesn't need a middle man! Long as you and Him are cool you'll get in just fine
>That's stupid, shut up.
>Your stupid!
>Fuck off
>YOU FUCK OFF!

And so on until we wind up to today