What are some of the most memorable twists and moments you ever saw?

What are some of the most memorable twists and moments you ever saw?
Mine was when fry accidentally kills his own grandfather and then has sex with with grandmother, thus making him his own grandfather, causing him to have a genetic mutation that leads him to save the universe from floating brains that want to destroy the galaxy on two separate occasions

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7AvG6q_iTcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That wasn't his grandfather he killed you autist.

I'll go with Futurama again,

when The Professor, Fry and Bender time travel to the end of the universe, and then another Big Bang, and they're at the beginning of the universe

loved that

What if it's like that for us?

I'm not so hungry anymore.

not in a genetic sense no but what he was told. If OP did quotes around the word would you be less triggered?

it very well could be, and we'd never know

I fapped to that scene as a kid... The frys grandma one. I was very desperate.

in hindsight we probably should have seen it coming his name is Sobek after all

That was great.

I she from his mothers side? Is his mom his grand daughter?

Oh wait she must be his daughter. That's fucked.

Yeah. Fry's dad's dad would have been named Yancy.

At some point he had to be to start the paradox.

It wasn't a paradox.

Please think a bit about how causality works.

no he talks directly to the guys junk and says
>Everything's going to be alright dad

so "Grandpa" Yancy could be the guy she married after or just a story she made up

>getting this angry about made up shit in a sci fi cartoon

don't be so salty about getting things wrong

i'm trying to educate you here

don't you want to improve

His reaction to finding out was maybe the funniest moment in that whole series.

Killed for me by the undeniable fact that it's simply impossible.

Futurama
The twist ending in "Bender's Big Score". My jaw was dropped, I never saw it coming.

why

So who is the Dad and who is the son?

You get half of your DNA from each of your parents. And they get half of their DNA from each of their parents, too.

If you think it through, you are stuck with two problems:
1 - Fry in effect got 100% of his DNA from his grandmother. This is not necessarily a problem - it would merely make him a clone.
2 - At some point, a Y chromosome just appeared out of nowhere. I checked. Enos was supposed to have been his paternal grandfather.

Did the other "simply impossible" aspects of Futurama ruin the entire show for you?

You sound like Cubert. "It's impossible nyerrrrgh!"

It's a cartoon about the year 3000. It's going to take some liberties for the sake of fun

so this....is the power...of autism

It's a paradox, that's the whole point.

>Actually believing in the Bootstrap paradox
Get a load of this loser.

It's the difference between the possible existence of alien life, human mutation, artificial intelligence, space travel and improbable technology, even if they are depicted in a pretty goofy way, and the statement that 1 +1 = 3.

You're not wrong. We get confused and annoyed at unpredictable things.

you do realize that it's a joke about the grandfather paradox right? 1+1=3 is the joke, this shouldn't be a large leap of logic for you.

Found it funny how the only difference was just a placement one that made it so the time machine was a couple of feet from the ground when they got back to their point of origin, thus violently crushing their new universe counterparts.

The whole point is that it is impossible?

Pretty lame joke.

I read a story once about an immortal living through hundreds of recreations of the universe.

Are you really expecting a cartoon show to know how that works?

>I checked.
Good detective work, Robin.

youtube.com/watch?v=7AvG6q_iTcA

>I dont know how paradox means

The universe is infinitely expanding so that very well could be how it's done

This is also Fry who said it.

A paradox is an apparant contradiction.

Fry solves the grandfather paradox by impregnating his grandmother.

It was a paradox by virtue of the fact that, the instant he killed his grandfather, the father of the original time-travelling Fry never would have existed, hence time-travelling Fry would have never existed, hence he would have never killed his grandfather in the first place.

The only way Fry could have gotten away with his way of fixing the timeline would have been if:
a) Multi-world theory was true, in which case the inbred Fry that would have been born in that world was a completely different entity from the original time-travelling Fry.
b) Futurama is set in a closed time loop, in which Gramps was never Fry's grandfather, so Fry is always destined to go back in time and become his own grandfather. There is no start or end to this Universe, as each time-travelling Fry requires a previous time-travelling Fry to conceive them.

Either way, all this discussion is overanalyzing a dumb joke used for laughs. Media rarely does time travel accurately or bothers explaining it, anyway.

I just though his grandma was hot.

Paradox is not an internal contradiction but something counter-intuitive. Time paradoxes are situations where even affects (or perhaps effects) itself, either making itself impossible (the contradiction - how is it possible for even to prevent itself or if it is impossible, how is it impossible to perform a trivial act of murder?)

Reverse grandfather paradox or bootstrap paradox like the one with Fry goes the opposite direction - it is likely Fry was always supposed to bang his grandmother, but if so, how could he possibly have started his existence? It's not a contradiction, but it defies our own linear idea of causality.

b is clearly what happened, so why do you assume the writers didn't think things through?

>b) Futurama is set in a closed time loop, in which Gramps was never Fry's grandfather, so Fry is always destined to go back in time and become his own grandfather. There is no start or end to this Universe, as each time-travelling Fry requires a previous time-travelling Fry to conceive them.
More likely, considering how What-If machine said Fry not getting frozen (And thus failing to close the loop) would destroy reality.

>b) Futurama is set in a closed time loop, in which Gramps was never Fry's grandfather, so Fry is always destined to go back in time and become his own grandfather. There is no start or end to this Universe, as each time-travelling Fry requires a previous time-travelling Fry to conceive them.

you are correct sir.

>ITT: Retards who don't understand how time work and what time in the first place trying to dwelve into the metaphysical aspect of the concept that work only in fiction

Oh shut up you know perfectly well what he meant you're just being insufferable.

That much is obvious.

>Fry solves the grandfather paradox

Technically speaking true - unfortunately, by creating another paradox.

Because - again - it's outright impossible.

Unless Fry's father was a cuckold. After all, he looks more like his mother. If it had been his maternal grandmother it wouldn't have been as much of a problem.

Meanwhile, you struggle with basic grammar and syntaxis.

It was somewhat obvious in hindsight, but it destroyed me anyways.

Y'know, a few days ago I was trying to figure out why it was that Fry was destined to become frozen. I think you figured it out.

Now to figure out why Leela and Bender were in the Fry-Hawking Hole when neither were working for Farnsworth at the time.

Ugh! I was spoilered and that made me sad. It would have been so awesome.

The problem is that such a Universe could never really "start" anywhere outside of the loop. It would revolve entirely around Fry going back in time and becoming his own grandfather.

Dinosaurs or the Big Bang could not exist in such a Universe, as it implies some sort of start. Think of it this way: dinosaurs are wiped out, time goes by linearly until humans evolve and develop up until Gramps' generation. However, at this point, where would time-travelling Fry pop out of? The future? It doesn't exist yet, since we assumed time was going in a specific direction.

If Fry is always destined to become his own grandfather, Fry must always exist in some shape or form at some point in the Closed loop universe. The only events that technically exist in this Universe are those that occur between Fry in the future going back in time and Fry appearing in the past.

Nobody asks the most important question.

In this situation, would you?

Except the entirety of that Universe's time is a loop as well, which Futurama clearly shows . Then it would just be

Universe starts/ends ->Dinosaurs are wiped out -> Fry from the Universe's previous loop appears in the current one, becomes current loop Fry's grandfather -> Current loop Fry time travels to next loop -> Universe starts/ends

It would still imply no start or end to the Futurama Universe, but it would allow for things to occur outside of Fry's lifespan. You dropped the ball, there.

Self-correcting paradoxes.

No...at least not insemenation.

what was that?

That would be weird, probably no.

Although didn't Fry conclude it can't be his grandma?

>you now realize Lars was proof the deathclock was right

I would have to. I don't have a choice.

>people arguing about time paradoxes
The answer to the grandfather paradox is: time travel is impossible

It could be (cyclic universe theory) but NOT if the universe is infinitely expanding. The universe would have to contract for that to happen. Simply speaking, it depends on the density of the universe. As of now, we don't know whether it's above or below the critical density, so it could swing both ways (expand forever or collapse).

*for macroscopic objects
t. hawking

it was pretty good

paradox's are just an optical illusion of flawed human reasoning. time doesn't actually care if you kill your own grandfather in the same way that gravity isn't shattered everytime you fly a plane

>paradox's
>optical illusion
Found the one user that is his own grandfather.

>*for macroscopic objects
t. hawking

For all objects or else the particle could prevent itself doing something by interacting with itself.