See this is what I don't get

See this is what I don't get.

How come Luv was able to just get away with murdering them no problem? Wasn't this the LAPD?

She murders the first guy in the middle of the LAPD building, which is presumably full of officers. Joshi obviously knew it was her from the dialogue and I assume they had security cameras anyway. Luv was a replicant (ie. subhuman in the eyes of the law) and just a stooge for a private (if powerful) man. Why would they just let her get away with murdering their lab guy and stealing the bones?

Same with the Lieutenant. Despite knowing she killed the lab guy they let her in no problem and then she murders the Lieutenant and leaves without any issues.

She was working for a powerful person so they probably had it all scrubbed

I mean it happens all the time in modern times, see what Hillary did to Seth Rich, yet no one would touch her

Odds are the LAPD is compromised. Niander Wallace is the most powerful man in the world.

The movie could have at least shown that, though.

Except that makes zero sense. If they were really that powerful/influence, they could either just tell the LAPD what they wanted done or have any troublemakers fired.

There's literally no reason to resort to murder.

The death of that guy was so fucking gruesome. Actually, every death or on-screen violence in every Villeneuve film is pretty damn disturbing and unsettling.

The world of Blade Runner is pretty much an anarchic capitalists wet dreams. It's not much of a stretch to say that Wallace corporation owns major parts of LA, and by implication, it's police force. They probably have stooges in high places in the police force covering up crimes and investigations that would implicate Wallace corporation.

Why are there so many replicants running around if Blade Runners still have any sort of reputation?
Why did K immediately kill those guys in San Diego, did he KNOW they weren't human?
Why didn't K know that an interplanetary corporation that is seemingly omnipotent could track his car using a satellite?

There was a throwaway line from Luv before killing the Runner chief like "I'll tell Wallace you pulled a gun on me" or something that was basically implying Wallace had complete control over the LAPD and she needed only answer to him for any crimes she committed. The only reason they didn't take complete control was because they obviously saw the LAPDs usefulness when left to their own devices.

That's the problem though, if Madam wasn't in on it then it should've been a simple matter of going over her head and having her overruled or removed. That's how businessmen do things.

Having your pet replicant murder officers left and right is only going to raise unnecessary questions and make a corrupt system so obvious that people start doubting it. It's a really stupid way to conduct yourself in a system already rigged in your favor.

she dropped bombs from a satellite in space, you don't think she can wipe any trace of her in some police building

>also his death scene was much better than his one in prisoners

But they wanted her to find the child, they just didn't want her destroyed, hence the stepping in at the last minute.

>Why didn't K know that an interplanetary corporation that is seemingly omnipotent could track his car using a satellite?

Why do people post /cp on /tv eventhough everyone knows the net is monitored

They don't believe it untill it happens to them.

The important question is what kind of replicants K and Luv actually are? They have the ability to disobey. Why would Wallace go back to such models?

K didn't disobey orders from Joshi. Joshi gave him vague orders that could be interpreted to mean "kill the child" or "make sure the child disappears." When K thought he was the kid, he'd seen first-hand that all evidence of the child's existence had been erased.

Luv was given extreme discretion when it came to interpreting Wallace's instructions. She could lie to him, but she couldn't disobey his instructions if he told her to tell him the truth.

Everything about Luv is wrong, in my opinion. Horrible casting, horrible hair, horrible inconsistency (emotional AND cold).

Her motives don't even make sense. Very 2D character compared to everyone else, felt like she came from a bad series while the rest are in a film.

Except Joshi. That was so fucking stupid. They showed, previously, that stabbing kills slowly, which it does, and here she dies like a cartoon.

>dat casual dropping of the dead body

It was comical and badly done.

>Wasn't this the LAPD?
The same LAPD that hunts down and executes property of a powerful conglomerate - by request of said conglomerate -, yes.

>satellite in space
It was a drone, you nitwit.

>wallace literally says he can't achieve his dreams due to regulations regarding slavery
>br is a ancap allegory

Leftists in a nutshell

>The important question is what kind of replicants K and Luv actually are? They have the ability to disobey.
Hence why K (and, presumably, Luv) are required to undergo frequent "baseline"-checkups.

>Why would Wallace go back to such models?
They were always such models.

Wallace never told luv to kill people
She did all that on her own

This

But the answer to your question is the same as most of the questions from this movie, shitty writing.

He kills those people to show how badass she is, just like Leto's Bond villain parody "we have ways of making you talk..." bullshit was just an excuse to set up the next action scene

You're thinking too USA and not enough Duterte's Philippines. Elsewhere in the world that shit does actually happen. You can also think of Russia. So in the future, when everything has been fucked beyond repair, the government and corporations are strong arming to the point of being like Russia or the Philippines. I wish they showed that a little better, but it's not farfetched at all.

>Hence why K (and, presumably, Luv) are required to undergo frequent "baseline"-checkups.

Whole lotta good they do.

Exactly this. Replicants can be extreme, but they're ultimately logical and self-serving. Stabbing Madam, and destroying Joi, were totally pointless vindictive acts that you'd sooner expect from a hormonal teenager. Why would Wallace make his top replicant, who he regularly leaves in change of important matters, so irrational, erratic, and untrustworthy?

>dat casual dropping of the dead body

That got a laugh out of the entire audience. For some reading the director thought comedy was suitable there

>Why would Wallace make his top replicant, who he regularly leaves in change of important matters, so irrational, erratic, and untrustworthy?
Replicants are essentially equal to humans, you imbecile. Creating robots

>tfw he ain't here

THIS coupled with the bit where they had to take Deckard away from earth just to be able/allowed to torture him?
So it's ok to just walk into the LAPD head quarters and kill two of its workers, one being a fucking lieutenant and that's absolutely daijobu, but somehow it's not possible tucking Deckard away into some torture chamber within Wallace's mega mansion and therefore they have to bring them to some not specified colony/planet? Give me a fucking break.
This is just a Reddit flick, nothing more.

Haven't heard any laughs here.
The scene was creepy, dude. The glitching Joi was creepy as well.

Wallace had LAPD in his pocket and could just wipe records at will.

While I don't doubt that's the logic the creators used, it still makes no sense.

If he has that much power over the LAPD he could have just taken the bones of (to almost everyone) a random replicant without fucking murdering someone in the middle of a police station.