Why do lots of people hate TTG?

Why do lots of people hate TTG?
(As a jerk who likes TTG)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sc1QHOvS_G0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's pretty funny, but the show is spammed to an obnoxious degree making people hate it. Fair enough, really.

Because it shits all over the original show. It acts like its it's own show while simultaneously borrowing the aesthetics and ideas from the old show.

Its super hero sponge bob and tailor made for kids

>tfw they made it like this to get rid of the SJW tween girl toxic market that ruined the original show and young justice

they want the 7-12 year olds only

More like the figured out SJW 20-year old girls don't do jack shit for merchandising, pirate every episode of Steven Universe, and don't satisfy commercial companies looking to advertise to a certain age group. Kids also started to tune out to shows like AT and RS when they started being Degrassi levels of relationship drama and retreated to Gumball and TTG because, surprise surprise, general masses of kids just want colorful funny comedies.

It's not funny. In the show's entire run, the only episode that seems to be more than just "Let's throw shit against the wall and see if anyone laughs" was "Girl's Night Out".

>SJW

I'd love to hear an explanation for this

tumblr shippers
white girls who's inot interracail
toxic homosexuals, trannies
they whine about diversity

typical Sup Forumsposters actually

a show that could have been its own original thing, but wears the mask of another show for extra exposure instead.

>Why do lots of people hate TTG?
It's spammed so damn much, leaving most other shows to die under its weight.

It's a good way to derail an argument, because just saying periphery demographic is a boring term to use.

this

never understood who Regular Show was supposed to appeal to?

It talks about relationship problems (i.e. getting friend zone, break-ups) and working minimum wage that kids under 12 usually don't relate to yet since it's a cartoon, teens usually don't follow it because "toons are for babies" and would rather watch live action Nick and Disney channel sitcoms.

The only demographic that kept it on air were most likely gen-y "hipsters" who claimed to watch it ironically for the constant 80s nostalgia references. Or more probably cause they were stoned.

And AT was just a pander-fest to tumblr girls before SU came along with it's "no gender so no triggers" protagonists.

TTG is just a cash-in on the whole superhero fad since even jaded hipsters and tumblrinas watch superhero flicks whether they admit it or not

How did tumblr shippers ruin the original Teen Titans? It wasn't even a thing yet. Or is this all post-mortem?

Also
>White girls into interracial

You're gonna have to be specific. Virtually every ship is interracial, sometimes interspecies

>CN decides to make new Teen Titans cartoon based on the popularity of the original series
>people working on it basically just do their own thing, and could've just as easily made a show about any other team of superheroes
>CN execs don't give a fuuuuuck as long as the show has the TT name slapped on it for brand recognition
>fans of the original show get mad at what was essentially a bait and switch
>writers decide they'd rather be petty than professional, and dedicate at least one entire episode to being passive-aggressive at people who wanted more of the original series which just alienates the original fans further
>the moral is that CN is run by fucks, and people who write TV shows should keep internet drama out of their work
I watched a bit of it and just kind of found it mediocre, but after seeing all the bullshit surrounding TTG I have no desire to support any of the people who make it.

It feels like a more accurate take of what teenagers with superpowers would be like. It's not great, and I'd much have the original or Young Justice, but it's worth watching a couple episodes before dropping

Or skip it entirely. Either one

I think he means the Cyborg/Jinx ship on the show.

>tfw that even perky goth girls like the BRC

ROBOT VS. HUMAN RACE WAR NOW!

At one point I found it pretty harmless. Probably 2015. Then they started airing it a lot in the afternoon. I'd hear it and every third line was yelled and I get sick to death of crap like that. For probably a year now I try to keep my TV off CN during the afternoon if I can help it. Fuck that show.

Keep in mind, kids can understand the concept of friend zone and minimum wage if it's presented to them correctly in a way they would understand. Like, kids can't relate to getting a job or a driving test, but they can laugh at a cartoon character engaging in such tasks if presented correctly.

Something like The Office is way too subdued for kids to laugh at the, "Ha-ha! It's so real!" jokes. But something like Zootopia which has a moment of Nick having a "selling permit" in order to sell red wood, kids don't need to know what a selling permit is, only that he's out-played Judy in a simplistic way. The instant it starts going on and on about meeting with a court to register his vendor license and filling out C-44 forms and make sure he has at least three references from trusted credentials you'll fucking lose them.

And I think that's where RS failed. It stopped making it's friend zone and "yo get the girl" jokes understood in a way kids got and just appealed to the older demographic by having the characters constantly give speeches about reflecting on life and looking past character flaws and staring up at the stars as they reflect on whether they've lived up to their own potential.

Like, these writers are not good enough to write a good soapbox for adults, you think kids are gonna stay awake for some of the shit AT and RS has put in lately?

People really, really hate fun, user.

Like, way more than you think they do. So many people are absolutely opposed to the idea of nonsensical, silly fun cartoons. To the point where the existence of these shows genuinely bothers them and makes them unhappy.

It's really sad, but we need not concern ourselves with their opinions.

I dunno. I kinda like the episode where Robin taught us about pyramid schemes and equity/property investments. Such weird things to tell kids

Like you've said, it's one thing to make gags and joke about adult problems in a crass and visual way that even kids will laugh but it's another when you base whole episodes pondering on that concept in a vague and only dryly humorous way.

I brought the 'friend-zone' ep because it shows my point perfectly; it focuses too much on a concept that normally isn't of the interest to a tween but someone in their teens or an adult can relate to yet it's set in a goofy "PG-rated" setting that was only meant to appeal to young children.

think about it; a naked anthro-bird getting a life-changing relationship lecture from a god-like being in a dark vortex.

if it was on Adult Swim it would have made more sense and have the added advantage of getting away with more "offensive" jokes.

TTG is actually really satirical and cynical in weird and good ways. In ways I would have probably liked as a kid. There's an episode about TV that is literally just depressing social commentary on the state of media-saturated modern life. "Oil Drums", I think it's called.

No one asked for a beloved show that many people wanted back to be hard rebooted into a lol sorandumb flash cartoon
What makes that sting more is that its spammed so much that other shows don't get enough air time, with only gumball being the main rerun

>hhaha people who like/don't like thing are fat neckbeards with no girlfriends. They also wear fedoras too LOLOLO M.I. cool yet guise.

yes user your private tastes in trivial things completely determine your physical attractiveness.

I'm sure people with "patrician" tastes in toons are just DROWNING their dicks in pussy juice 24/7

Pretty sure Jinx is black in the comics anyway. Why does user care?

you're damn right

>Actually goes for the bait

Way to go, slugger

People just don't understand comedy and South Park toilet humor fans, what else could you say. I mean just look at this, how fucking hilarious is that.
youtube.com/watch?v=sc1QHOvS_G0

It's the only thing CN fucking airs now.

Watching this ep now. The gags are so strong holy shit

That's funny because they are dead... ahahahahahhahah you get it?

no the gag is that robin sticks by an extremely mean-spirited prank at his expense for the sake of "banter", even though raven points out that it's fucked

funny how so many people slag this show for being stupid and for kids but a lot of them don't understand the jokes haha

I just don't like how nearly all of their comedy come from the fact that the Titans are unlikable asshole particulary Beast Boy and Cyborg , like in one episode they prefer to let the world be destroyed than seeing their friends happy.

they're cartoon characters m8

do you cry when ren beats up stimpy?

>so many people slag this show for being stupid and for kids
Sometimes it is "The Ren and Stimpy Show" tier

Fun fact: TTG is made by Warner brothers and licensed to CN.

Nah those eps were very funny, and more often than not the jokes were at their own expense. Slow your roll

Another fun fact: it's CN's best performing show among the target demo: angry nerds on the internet.

Wait, did I say that? I meant kids 6-11

Eh, it's alright. I was morbidly fascinated by the Tooth Fairy episode.

They seemed to have moved away from poking the hornet's nest that is the original show's fanbase, which is a step in the right direction. They force dumb meme-song bullshit like pic related on a regular basis, however.

>dragged out gags
>miss and hit humor written by old geezers
>multiple episodes mocking cartoon fans
>tfw dream of comfy TT in cute style is 4vr over
>no balance between cynical and heartwarming
i think its trying to be a mix of spongebob and ren and stimpy. the writers are just making shit up and they dont know what direction they want their show to go. so for right now theyre probably borrowing ideas from the internet and rehashing gags from like, the 1980s or 2005.
i like the simplistic art style but thats about it