Under 20k in the second issue

>under 20k in the second issue

A failing Marvel run?! That's a first. Maybe they should copy DC

Shame, because Hawkeye traveling the country solving shit with arrows is a great premise. It really is just the title that's off-putting.

>Maybe they should outsource to DC
Fixed.

That's what they get for marketing it as something it isn't, and the thing they were marketing it as was stupid.

>the thing they were marketing it as was stupid.
Who even thought Occupy Wall Street was still relevant?

It is, but cape readers already knew about GL/GA.

who OKed this title? Occupy is irrelevant and largely a target of scorn in retrospect.

And why not give him somebody to play off of? I mean it's already kind of a rehash of GL/GA

It's almost like the people calling the shots are hilariously out of touch

Really gets your noggin joggin'

It's gonna go the same way as the real occupy.

>C-List team book slowly forming the roster

It never works, 'member Fearless Defenders?

Also fuck Marvel for forcing Red Wolf because all injuns are the same when Walker wanted American Eagle

Just look at how they announced it
>>Super heroes – they’re a privileged class. Doing what they want, when they want and suffering no consequences. They have no regard for the ordinary people who are left behind to suffer in their wake. Who will stand up for the little guy? There is a man. If you can find him, and if he believes in your story, he and his friends will put things right. Some call them outlaws, rebels, Robin Hoods. To others, they are heroes. No powers to speak of – just skills, smarts and a burning drive to do the right thing. His name is Hawkeye. Occupy Avengers: It’s time to “Take Back Justice”!

This is almost insulting. They're basically calling every hero in the MU a selfish asshole that doesn't care about normal people.
HEROES SAVE EVERYONE ALL THE DAMN TIME.
Who exactly are these "ordinary people who are left behind to suffer in their wake"?
Heroes risk their lives saving civilians, defeating bad guys and stopping threats that would hurt society. How is defeating the Red Skull and Kang the Conqueror not something that helps civilians? What exactly is Hawkeye and his band of hippies gonna do differently?

It's as if they wanted their own version of The Boys.

Why is osama bin laden in the back?

Marvel heroes fight each other and cause unnecessary wanton destruction more than they actually fight bad guys these days. Acting heroic doesn't excuse that. I don't get a pass on driving drunk if I save a kitten from a fire. Neither should superheroes.

Of course they also shouldn't get hated on when they actually save the world, but that's MU for you. They hate you when you're good, love you when you're an asshole.

>Marvel heroes fight each other and cause unnecessary wanton destruction more than they actually fight bad guys these days
Wrong. They still spend the vast majority of their time helping people. It's just that the hero vs hero things tend to be events, which readers pay more attention to.

>Acting heroic doesn't excuse that. I don't get a pass on driving drunk if I save a kitten from a fire. Neither should superheroes.
Fair enough.

Thing is, that isn't the point that solicit is trying to make. It's saying that heroes DON'T CARE about "the little guy" and only guys like Hawkeye stand for them. It's saying that heroes don't help them at all, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Check your privilege, shitlord-user. I'm literally triggered by you right now.

Forgive me, that was painful to type.

>Thing is, that isn't the point that solicit is trying to make. It's saying that heroes DON'T CARE about "the little guy" and only guys like Hawkeye stand for them. It's saying that heroes don't help them at all, which couldn't be further from the truth.
Dunno, "Doing what they want, when they want and suffering no consequences" sounds like a pretty obvious reference to CW I&II, and the people caught in the wake of those events.

I mean I'm not arguing that it's a particularly good announcement, like most of Marvel's marketing it's waaay too on the nose. But I think it fits in the context of what Marvel is trying to push (By which I mean heroVhero, not fauxProgressivism) and the general perception of Marvel's heroes by the audience.

If only they could have a Hawkeye title entitled "Hawkeye".
Nah, too logical.

But they do! Starring your favorite Hawkeye! The one with the vagina!

Maybe they're gonna tweet about it.
From the crime scene.

Funny how both of those words could catch my attention, but in the same line, they turn to cringe.

Look...you're a subsidiary of Disney, one of the biggest corporations in the WORLD. Quit it with the "occupy" shit.

A pitty, because is quite nice to read.

Why didn't we just get a new Damage Control run?

It was literally dog shit

So, comics have finally overtly reached current Simpsons tier of shit. Where they try to be topical but are so late to the party that it's sad and comical but not in a funny way.

>And why not give him somebody to play off of?
He does have someone to play off of though. It's a team book.

>Also fuck Marvel for forcing Red Wolf because all injuns are the same when Walker wanted American Eagle
This so fucking hard.

Nighthawk was a mistake

Did issue 3 get storytimed? I know someone posted the cover last week but no one actually posted the issues and nothing actually happened. Anyone have a scan?

Nop. I tried to download the links in the Win-O thread, but couldn't in the PC I was at the time. Neither can now, apparently. This browser is shitass.

More like occupy the cancellation notices, huh?

Fortykeks.jpg

good, it can't die soon enough