Sup Forums approved manga thread?

Sup Forums approved manga thread?

Stuff like Akira and stuff like pic related that Usagi Yojimbo (the Rabbit samurai) was based on.

This (and the movie) were also on par with TWD at the very least. Less drama and more weirdness though.

inb4 is this loss

This was Sandman-esque, and I mean that in the most horrorshow sense possible. It's basically like if Alice in Wonderland spilled over into the real world but only you could see it.

bumping

It's really hard to deny that Junji Ito's work isn't the best horror in the medium.

Get ready for your heartstrings to be tugged.

Gunsmith Cats and anything from the weeb section here:

manga is comics and should be freely discussed here

>manga approved by Sup Forums

mang, this board cant even barely into american comics, imagine other markets...

I just started reading Lone Wolf and Cub. So far it is fantastic, but I can never talk about it on Sup Forums because they're too preoccupied with waifus and shitposting

manga are not comics

>art on a page with word balloons covering it and told in a sequential format with similar page counts per chapter equal to american publications and working in the same genres
hmmm sounds like comics to me

Is this a "recomendation" thread because Sup Forums kicked you out?

>no colored manga.
why though?

This.

OH BOY IF THERE WAS ONLY A BOARD SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS SHIT.

>Sup Forums approved manga thread
Hell yeah!!
Sup Forums only wants to talk about lolis and imoutos .. let's talk about real manga for a while bros!!

-Berserk
-I am a Hero
-Ichi the killer
-Homunculus
-Battle Royale
-Vagabond

Am I missing any other good ones ?

devilman comes to mind

> I only read mature manga for mature people like myself, guys.

There's a board for Sup Forums that movies go on but that never stopped the endless shitposting

Vinland Saga, Trigun, the list goes on.
Also HxH is bretty gud for shonen standards.

Yeah, but this only enables the shitposting.

> Sup Forums - everything I'm too much of a fag to post to their respective board.

Sup Forums has only two rules. You should read them sometimes. The first is that discussion should pertain to media of western origin.

If we are talking shonen ...
Rurouni Kenshin was pretty good, mostly the Shishio arc

>Vinland saga
I stopped reading after the protagonist becomes a Jesus wannabe after the whole farmland saga .... does it get good again ?

But Sup Forums is mean, user!!! Sup Forums is love!

I like it, it's incredibly decompressed though.

Please remember this kind of threads the next time you all complain about Sup Forums or Sup Forums threads.

I like this but fuck, each volume feels like it takes place in 20 minutes, like it could just be one episode.

Berserk
Gunsmith Cats
Ubel Blatt
My Hero Academia
One Punch Man
Akira
Sword of the Immortal
Lone Wolf and Cub

It gets better.

I feel like shamo is good choice

Pretty sure most of Sup Forums joined in on reading and watching OnePunchMan with the rest of the world.

So add that.
Maybe Monster, too?

Why?

Maybe it's just cause I love the games so much, but I remember really enjoying it.

Y'all forgot about Lupin III?

Because both are off topic shit. Encourage this and then it's "hur durr but you guys talk about other things too"

Boichi is a great mangaka and i feel like Sup Forums would aprove it, user!

Never really got into manga since the inacessability of it. What's a good website to download it? I use libgen for comics and a similar provider would bem nice

Except this is productive to a recognizable degree.
It isn't a bunch of threads about Rotten Tomatoes screencaps saying "___ fans on suicide watch" being spammed faster than they can be deleted.
This isn't some guy trying to do some political agenda bait in hopes of derailing a thread.

This is an honest thread tring to get the opinions of others on the board on a subject.

Also anyone know if they made any Godzilla mangas?
If so were they any good?

JoJo

Great Manga.

I can recommend every manga by Kengo Hanazawa. Especially boys on the run.

Pretty much anything by Tezuka.

>This is an honest thread tring to get the opinions of others on the board on a subject.

Made on a board that has abolutely nothing to do with it. It's like if I made a thread asking what the board likes to eat.

I'm the usual turrent sites have whole collections. Idk past that.

And keep an eye on the winothreads as always.
After the new stuff, there is often some manga peppered in.
It's how I got my download of The Gods Lie.

You'd prolly get a long lived thread.

>-Ichi the killer
>-Battle Royale

meh
Planetes
Pluto
Blade of the Immortal

I love Sup Forums/ck/ threads. For a long time, topics like that were what Whomp threads were basically always made for.

Based on the shelf threads I've seen, the following are the only manga that Sup Forums fairly universally says is good.

>Berserk
>Lone Wolf & Cub
>Uzumaki
>Vagabond

There's other manga that will get mentioned here, like JoJo, but really, those four are the only ones that even the contrarian fucktards here will go "Okay, they're pretty good."

And Akira.

Read the rules faggots!

Because most japs think that ghosts are scary - they are not. Junji has original ideas and really scary art but his characters are flat.

But some of his short stories are weak and have no great ending.

Pretty much every old manga/anime feels like something for Sup Forums to like.

Semi-related.
Found a hardback of the Last of the Mohicans manga at a half-price bookstore.
For $5 it was money well spent, at least for a laugh.

I bet you hate Godzilla and Puppet threads, too.

Oh this looks misleading.

I think Ichi the killer&-Battle Royale are mediocre.

> godzilla

has comics and a cartoon

> puppets

a more gray area because of stop motion, but many of puppets shows have Sup Forums related media as well (like the muppets).

Never seen anything of Battle Royale beyond the live action movie.
Is manga better or worse?

It's not very related to the movie. I dislike the art & writing style.

For a single thread, I can see why it deserves a thread. The two mediums are different enough in their audiences, yet similar enough in how they actually do the art that comparing and contrasting the commonalities could be interesting, or different audiences viewpoints on quality.

Better.

If only there was a board who's opinion or tastes I'd prefer since they're likely more similar to mine.
Also if only there was a board who if asked for recommendations wouldn't scoff, post a giant REC image, and sage the thread because they don't wanna give their personal opinion.
Also also if only there was a board who wouldn't simply say Boku No Pico half a dozen times before the thread 404s.

I've seen Nausicaa way too many times in the shelf threads

But that's not what's happening here. This is just a rec thread since they're not allowed on Sup Forums and OP figures it's close enough despite the rules banning manga here.

> ITT: People who complain about comic casuals while being casual weebs

neve change, Sup Forums.

This is Sup Forums.
We're all casual weebs at bare minimum.

>Also if only there was a board who if asked for recommendations wouldn't scoff, post a giant REC image

Well, have you seen EVERYTHING on the rec image, user? It exists for a reson.

>post a giant REC image because they don't wanna give their personal opinion
Sounds like Sup Forums

Sup Forums being shit isn't an excuse to shit up Sup Forums with off topic threads.

Then how about, instead of being a tard, you start.

Someone brought up Junji Ito's work earlier. Why do you think Uzumaki (because nobody gives a fuck about Fish-on-legs) is so well reguarded here, especially compared to other horror manga, which may as well not exist?

No one has.
No one even on Sup Forums has seen/read EVERYTHING on their rec images.

I mean Sup Forums has mountains of them too, and the people who post them haven't seen/read it.
But on Sup Forums you give more input than just an image.
It is usually at least 2-3 they will personally say they loved, and are still in the thread ready to describe in more detail.

Sup Forums uses theirs as a wall to keep rec threads out.
Sup Forums uses theirs as an icebreaker for more discussion.

> It's my job to make a shit off topic not shit and not off topic

>No one even on Sup Forums has seen/read EVERYTHING on their rec images.

Maybe that's why they don't go around asking for more recs, then?

Its like if John Woo, Vampires and Naziexploitation had a baby.

>Sup Forums uses theirs as a wall to keep rec threads out.
Because rec threads are banned on Sup Forums so you're lucky e getting that. Does no one read the fucking rules?

Well you're posting anyway. Shitposting never helped anyone.

But the thread ain't shit.
It's actually semi productive and kind of interesting.

Now, if someone tries to make this a recurring thing (like that guy who tried to make that "haircup" meme catch on) THEN I'd with you on saying fuck this.

But a stand alone productive thread? Just let it run its course and enjoy this single ride.

>But a stand alone productive thread

But it's not a stand alone thread. You fags have been trying to force anime/manga into Sup Forums everytime something remotely popular comes out. If you must, keep it in the toonami thread.

>But on Sup Forums you give more input than just an image.
This is a big fat lie. And the rec images for Sup Forums are worse.

Actually no rec threads isn't part of official rules.
Merely something they bitch about for reasons I don't entirely know. Maybe they just wanna feel more exclusive from casuals, while we actually want more people reading what we like so it gets more fans and thus possibly more content.

Half of them were troll posts, but people read so few comics that they don't even realize they're circulating April fools pranks. It's sad.

And yet Sup Forums is the one that keeps bitching about sales, cancelation, tumblr and redit.

Global rule 16 faggot.

Sup Forums is just the only board to really enforce it.

>hile we actually want more people reading what we like so it gets more fans and thus possibly more content.

That's because Sup Forums's main market is japan, while english speakers are a bonus. Sup Forums's market are english speakers.

Western media needs more westerners reading/watching, eastern media really doesn't.

Wait what board DOESN'T complain about reddit?

None complain as much as Sup Forums. And Sup Forums also has a lot if double agents that unironically browse both.

>tfw you're favorite anime/manga is best known for being America's favorite retard favorite anime.

But I love the anime

Did the last volume ever get translated

Been wanting to read how it ends

Of course it go translated. That was years ago, where the fuck have you been?

I feel like this is one of those things I've heard about enough to always know it exists but not heard enough to know what it actually is about or if it is actually any good.

Isn't that pretty standard for manga?

Not in that way. I am a hero has 2chan posts for 10 pages. Or follows some radom french guy for a chapter or shows the hive mind talking to itself.

How's my taste?

Does Sup Forums like "Blame!"?

I see that lone wolf stacked on top cause ya ran out of room.
Time for a wider bookshelf.

Never heard of it.
Looks neat, though.

It looks great but is very shallow.

Here is the story: Guy walks though empty dystopian hallways.It's more like an artbook than a story.

Looks ok...

...one piece. Shit taste.

>One Piece=Shit Taste
>being such uncultured swine that you can't enjoy Oda-sensei's Magnum Opus
You have to eat 3 square meals of shit a day to taste this horrible.

Homunculus