Why is Blade Runner 2040 flopping hard at the box office?

Why is Blade Runner 2040 flopping hard at the box office?

Word of mouth is good, critically it is exceptional. Why is it no one is watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=bladerunnersequel.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=2CzHFhZFk3g
google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/10/09/blade-runner-2049-has-flopped-box-office-six-reasons/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

plebs probably don't like 3 hour movies, don't worry, when it releases in China it'll do gangbusters

Not enough quips

it takes time for movies to build up by word of mouth. movies being out for a couple weeks and relying on their opening weekend for if they're a success or failure is nu-hollywood. trick people into seeing it because of the marketing, doesn't matter if it's good or bad

not really, it is too slow and not enough action for chinks

The average person probably doesn't have the patience for a 3 hour movie, especially one with not a ton of action

It did fine in foreign markets right? It's just that Americans only go to watch like superhero shit and Star Wars.

First at the box office where I live, it flopped only in the us

>not really, it is too slow and not enough action for chinks
You say that but the Revenant made most of it's Worldwide box office in China, and that is not exactly wall to wall action. Besides in addition to action they live pretty effects which this is full of

love pretty effects*

30 year sequel to a movie normies have no idea existed. Also, it's 3h long..
It's the ultimate normie repelent.

It will make money in Japan i'm sure. Blade Runner was extremely influential on mangas. Will probably make $100 millions over there.

Is it really flopping that hard? I only saw it yesterday and while not packed there were a lot of people at the theater. Althouhg maybe is right, i'm not american

Sup Forums is not word of mouth.

some people interact with people irl too

Lack of interest. It's a sequel to a movie that was also did not have mass market appeal. Also, production budget was way too high, making it very difficult to recoup how much was spent to make it. Also, who the he'll actually likes Ryan Gosling? Want to see economic success? Take some lessons from blumhouse productions.

I don't know about that, Japan is a fickle mistress with that kind of thing, they actually whined about Nolan's Batman because the setting was too dark

The 3hour long excuse is bullshit. Interstellar was that long and did exceptional at the BO.

WHERE IS DAH IRON MAN AND HULK MAN??

Tale a look.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=bladerunnersequel.htm

B-but Chibatman
youtube.com/watch?v=2CzHFhZFk3g

> they actually whined about Nolan's Batman because the setting was too dark
Or maybe they whined because it's a POS film?

>Also, production budget was way too high, making it very difficult to recoup how much was spent to make it.
This is irrelevant and unrelated. We're discussing its poor performance at the box office

Not enough blacks or gays, americans only watch movies with one of these two

They are mental midgets

Like Suicide Squad?

Oh, yeah...

>trying to cash in on classic movie
>sequel made 30 years later flops
also
>making a sequel where a sequel wasn't needed.
nobody cares. it's a forced sequel.

I'm just glad that Sony's ineptness made the movie happen the way it did.

Hnnnng Dat poster
I was really hoping they'd have a different poster than just the generic official that they have

I suppose that is a defensible position to take, but the original question is "why is it flopping so hard". In order for a movie to flop I would say you need to make less than you spent, but I suppose that is also debatable depending on how you define "floppage".

No the article didn't mention that

>Production Budget: $150 million
>Worldwide Box office: $161,146,489
>It releases in China in a week

plebs are intimidated by these sorts of films. Instead of sitting there gourging on popcorn and betus juice whilst having everything spelled out for them BR expects you to put your brain into third gear. It's not even that hard to follow plotwise but the retards who make up todays movie going audience are so lazy they can't be bothered to even do that much.

Because people like me hate going to the theater and avoid them like the plague.

Prices suck.
People are loud and distracting
Cant pause the movie if i have to pee

Ill be one of the first people to download the 4k version tho. Excited to see it still

They thought showing Harrison ford will bring in viewers. Deckard should have been a secret and a surprise in the movie instead of showing him in the trailers and promo. Of course we'd know Harrison is in the film if we looked at the credits. But that would be different.

Well, here are some reasons why i won't be seeing it in theaters

1. The movie is almost 3 hours long. I'd have to step out for a piss at some point and i HATE missing part of movies

2. Theaters aren't immersive. You're surrounded by people who snicker, rustle their fucking M&Ms bags, talk to each other... Sometimes there's even assholes who take out their phone in the middle of the movie and distract everyone with the light from the screen.

There is a very slim chance that i'll watch it during the final week of its theatrical run, because that's when the theaters are mostly empty.

I'd love to see it but i just don't want my experience destroyed by things beyond my control.

>Who actually likes Ryan Gosling
Do you realize that there is a world outside of Sup Forums? He's very popular there.

The keywords being: production budget.
It doesn't count with marketing and other costs.
It was said that this movie needs something close to $400 million to turn in a profit.

Only Americans aren't watching it. Confirmed for chinktier turboplebs.

>1. The movie is almost 3 hours long. I'd have to step out for a piss at some point and i HATE missing part of movies
This a stale pasta I've somehow missed?

You're doing yourself a disservice. Trust me.

Go see it in theatre while you can, you'll be alone probably anyway

Interstellar was actually good.

Only appeals to people who saw the first movie.

Where do you find out when its coming out of theaters?

Because the first one wasn't that good.

Don't know if you've been following the news, lad, but if you see it in theaters you won't be surrounded by people. Guaranteed.

No quips
Not enough explosions

Yeah :(

I'm ashamed of my own kind. It was a great movie.

normies dont want to spend 3 hours watching a philosophical movie with few explosions

Everyone waiting for the real sequel, blade runner 2049

>floating heads
>teal and orange
>atari plug
Jesus.

Nolan had immense mass appeal after wrapping up his Batman trilogy and was fairly well known before that.
Denis Villeneuve is comperatively a niche director.

This. Shoulda have Kevin Spacey'd that shit.

It's not Blade Runner-man by Marvel. You are doomed to fail if you don't belong to the rat.

>critically it is exceptional.
'No'. This is what happens when a shit movie gets overly praised and rated by fake paid-for reviews but doesn't actually have anything to really back it up. The people who do go in and watch it realize it's shit, which eventually means they won't be recommending it to their friends, or watching it again in theaters. Furthermore, they feel lied to and betrayed by the disingenuous marketing. It seems to be doing well with only two kinds of demographics: normies, and underage teens. Normies and teens are eating it up because it's currently the hip thing in town, and a lot of normies live off this kind of attention (i.e. internet youtube reviewers).

Why? What's so unbelievable about people not wanting to have to deal with holding back the piss as to not miss parts of the film?
I'm european. People in europe are actually watching this one
My local theater has screening times for the next 2 weeks on their website. Whenever there's no screening dates after Wednesday is when the theatrical run ends

why the fuck is Wallace's control chip located in his fucking neck? You don't control your fucking body from your neck for fucks sake.

google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/10/09/blade-runner-2049-has-flopped-box-office-six-reasons/amp/

Just scan the section titles.

Why is everyone who praises this movie an entry level pleb on here?

Which explains why all those 3 hour marvel movies are doing so well, right? I mean a long movie MUST MEAN that it is patrician, RIGHT?!?!

you can always tell who doesn't have real life friends

The audience was fooled with Prometheus. Never again will I watch a shitty sequel to a 40 year old movie made only to quickly cash in on nostalgia value.

It's close to the place that actually control things.
And what it looked like is that he needed to change chips constantly depending on the needs.
Maybe he has one chip that exclusively controls Luv, so he could fuck himself.
You're now aware that it was Wallace who kissed K.

>conveniently ignores IT and Wonder Woman, both breaking box office records
Shut the fuck up already with your "DA EBUL MOUSE REEEEEEE" nonsense.

Blade Runner 2049 is to Blade Runner what Star Wars: The Force Awakens is to Star Wars. What slowly starts out as a quiet, small journey of discovery quickly devolves into an epic miscalculation that ultimately equals nothing. Propelled by an unhealthy misconception of what the original Blade Runner was which is a grimey, intimate meditation on desolation and loneliness, Blade Runner 2049 meanders on majestically like an orchestra without a conductor. Where it tries to be epic, it exposes its emptiness. Where it tries to be clever, it flashes a lack of ambition
I wasnt disappointed in Blade Runner 2049 because it failed to replicate the dreamlike vibe of the original but because its replicants disappeared beneath gorgeous images and shallow philosophy

Simply put it's Blade Runner for the Nolan generation

People said that about Pacific Rim and it flopped in Japan

>6. And where are all the women?

are you fucking kidding me? outside of gosling ford and leto every other major character was a woman. I could understand if the article reasoned for diversity but this is stupid

To be fair, Wonder Woman is just another capeshit and It is a horror movie. Blockbuster horror movies always do well.

This. As a fan of the original film I was going to watch it any way, but my friends (who had never seen the first) were all excited to go, especially because of the RT reviews. Everyone ended up being very disappointed.

>It seems to be doing well with only two kinds of demographics: normies, and underage teens.

So the majority of the population?

>Why? What's so unbelievable about people not wanting to have to deal with holding back the piss as to not miss parts of the film?
I find it unbelievable someone can't go three hours without pissing unless they have some medical condition. Just go before the movie starts.

But it was a crappy movie.

So is BR2049.

That one seems ok, anymore that they have?

>It was W who missed K
Fucking Kek

>critically it is exceptional
toplel, it's a mediocre genre film. Doesn't matter how good or bad it is though, regarding box office success. Redditt is amusing though.

This, and they probably haven't seen the original.

Replicants gonna freak

*Kissed K

Still me but here's another poster from an old thread

Huh why would the 35 sequel to a cult classic science fiction movie that also performed terribly at the box office not do well at the box office? Are you all retards?

Where were you when you finally realized this flick was fauxkino?

>R rating
>Unknown franchise

Really they blew too much on the marketing budget. The people who were going to see it would have gone regardless and everyone else wasn’t going to be affected by the marketing.

I love this poster. All characters with more screen time are tiny.

roasties dont like it

1. Because of the cunt you posted. Can't stand her.

2. Every actor in the movie is unbearable

3. It's a quick money maker and everyone instinctually knows this by now

4. People aren't going to movies anymore, they realised it's "a fucking kike scam ran by a mafia of rabbis" (as one friend of mine put it)

5. It's easier to wait for the torrent

6. The first one was good enough. No one asked for this remake

7. Poorly advertised

8. People are too busy attending protests about safe spaces and "rape culture"

9. The movie is fucking shit. Utter trash.

10. Only faggots care about this sci-fi, virtual girlfriend, shit overused premise, complete shit fest of a movie. Seriously, this anime-esque bullshit instantly repels everyone and anyone who isn't a fucking 30 time a day masturbator and neet incel shut-in no hoper.

Shit was trash.

As soon as I watched Sup Forumsedditors and their posting style praise it and try and emulate Drive era Sup Forums
As soon as I saw the type of critics praising it(who constantly rag on any sort of thing that isn't marvel quips)
As soon as I went to Letterboxd(the site) and saw it being praised left and right by that "community"

Why didn't they programm the 3 laws of robotics into the Replicants?

>Normies and teens are eating it up because it's currently the hip thing in town, and a lot of normies live off this kind of attention (i.e. internet youtube reviewers).

>The Wrap reports that 63 per cent of those who saw Blade Runner 2049 this weekend were over the age of 35, while only 14 per cent were under the age of 25.

Hahahahaha

Not enough JOI tits.

It's too intelligent. People only want dumb superhero movies with simple good vs evil stories.

user is right, there won't be any plebs watching this or there'd be a limited amount of plebs anyway

>Prices suck
>Yfw movie ticket is $10, but extra 2.5 for any 3d screening but fuck watching in 3d anyway
>Worth every dollar for a 3 hour film
Shiiet

What makes the movie intelligent?

>Neo-Tokyo is about to explode

So much wrong with this post

>It's too intelligent

Jesus I hate people like you

Is that you Raz0rfist?

Have you ever read any book that feature those 3 laws?

The "masses" are seeing past faux cinema and it's dishonesty

We need more honest films