ITT: promising and entertaining runs with an interesting concept that were ultimately fucked over by editiorial

ITT: promising and entertaining runs with an interesting concept that were ultimately fucked over by editiorial

This book lasted longer if they used Tim Drake.

Fuck off with your revisionist edgy nu 52 thrash. Nightwing isn't supposed to be some Archer ripoff working for bad guys. I'm glad genre defining Rebirth has corrected it and is developing his character further, and now we have a hopeful and inspiring Dick Grayson, back in blue and in Bludhaven.

At this point I don't know if this is a serious post or a troll post. Sup Forums has gotten THAT bad in the last year.

Hoooo boy. Here we goooo.

>King and Seeley check out for the final arc because they want to phone in their double-shipping Batman and Nightwing scripts
>editorial

Hey man, I bet King had to spend a lot of time and effort trying to replicate Bendis' writing style.

The ending is forced and rushed in general. Run should've been longer, instead at the end you get a bunch of shit thrown at you at once, stuff they didn't have the time to properly develop.

To be fair, King even said they were going to do a longer run but then Rebirth happened.

>>Grayson.Edgy.There are company war fags so devoted to rebirth they will shit on anything

We all knew it was going to end and I prefer Nightwing. Grayson was a fun diversion.

>you will never be shirtless and chase through the forest by horny teen girls that want to gangbang you if they catch you

wait, Sup Forums hates king now?

His Batman run has been awful.

Remember how wet Sup Forums got with that shot of Dick and Tiger in beefcake mode on the beach?

>tfw we never got enough Dick,

How is the last one you quoted hating on King? It just shits on editorial for ruining a great run to do more mediocre Blue Nightwing stories.

More like
>ITT retards trying to spread their factually incorrect retarded memes

eh, well he can't find his voice in Batman

The Bat/Cat treatment has been widely criticized, not to mention Selina racking up a huge body count.

More than anything, its just been kind of meh.

think editorial has anything to do with it?

it always seems that nice new writers like king/soule/lemire get screwed once they reach the better known characters

If anything, it sounds more like the liberties he's taken with Selina is the problem.

Yeah it's strange that people will yell at you for finding the new golden boy vastly overrated and mediocre at best and then blame editorial once he shits the bed repeatedly for double digit issues on the gig every write would kill for.

I don't think editorial is demanding King write Batman as a suicidal autist who wants to die in service to others.

Anons are a lot more forgiving of poser art when there's beefcake casually walking around semi-naked

>a lot more forgiving of poser art
This is a thing that happens. And I just *don't* understand it.

I've seen multiple reviews of Kingbats that have issues with the *writing* but they almost always go on to praise the art as if they can't even see the cold dead soulless manikin eyes ...

BEEFCAKE
E
E
F
C
A
K
E

It was a fun ride with a lot of potential. Remember that shot of a bunch of spies standing like boss fights and everyone went nuts?
If it servers as consolation, at least there are elements of the run that survived the Rebirth transition, like Tiger and Spyral, which is a lot than Omega Men, for example.

I find poser a lot more forgiving it the artist manages to do something interesting with the comic. Janin's paneling and composition are fantastic and it's combined with nice color pallets.
The same face is still jarring though.

Remember we were supposed to have this big Spy Wars arc? Then Rebirth got the greenlight and King and Seeley walked off the book before it finished to work on other things.

Why?
N52 Tim was so manipulative.
He was like Damian but hid his personal agenda slightly better.

Mannequin.

Rebirth gutted a lot of good potentials
Maybe they will come back in one of the next waves

>no one posting "I'd know that ass anywhere"
I'm a little dissapointed.

Pretty sure the big Spy Wars thing was Batman and Robin Eternal.

Which pretty much sucked.

>which is a lot than Omega Men
Bad comparison, because Omega Men was very well crafted as a complete series. A sequel could be great, but them guess starring in other titles does not interest me. OM was planned as 12 from the start, Grayson had a lot of potential that was never fulfilled because nostalgia pandering fucked it over.

The "Spy Wars" was just Dick and Tiger running rogue while being chased by spies.

You're right. I was thinking how Kyle just appeared in Hal's book like nothing happened.

Who cares about Later shit in 2017? Just saying, I wouldn't like to see the Vega system or the Omega Men revisited by hacks like Venditti or Humphries.

You think you know Grayson

But you don't know Dick!

>widely criticized

By that, you mean you've seen people complaining about it on Sup Forums

Seeley and King said that they had a long run planned.

>50 issues

it hurts

Nightwing was a mistake. First Dickbats, then Grayson.

>Rebirth was a mistake
Fixed

Sup Forums hates everything in due time.

Careful user, you'll trigger the faggots that think Rebirth is the best thing to ever happen to comics and they'll call you a Marvelshill.

I'm so fucking bored by 90% of Rebirth.

I hate that Batman and Nightwing Rebirth are so much worse than Grayson. I'd be fine if Grayson died to produce two great to good books but they've both been mediocre at best.

Rebirth was an editorial decision

I disagree that Nightwing is mediocre

also you're delusional if you thought it wasn't going back to Nightwing eventually

Yes but Seeley and King had like 50-60 issues planned, not 20 and them bailing after 16.

It says a lot about the character when he's only interesting while being a poor man's Batman or a poor man's James Bond.

Rebirth Nightwing is pretty good, honestly

He's only interesting when writers get his voice right and create an engaging story.

Tony Daniel wrote Dickbats and it was boring. Tony Daniel wrote Bruce and it was boring