What exactly was his job?

What exactly was his job?

I've never seen the movie so I wouldn't know. I just come here to regurgitate quotes I've seen here before and post memes.

Vice President for Pierce & Pierce

Being hired by his father.

His job was to examine long streams of numbers and highlight any where the digits repeated

investment banker

Vice President of business card inspection and licensing

Professional digit repeater

The real question is do you like Huey Lewis and The News?

MURDERS AND EXECUTIONS

JUST AN IB VP, THERE ARE LIKE 50 OF THEM IN BIG FIRMS, THEY PLAY GOLF AND GO SAILING

they are ok... I guess

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

Mergers and acquisitions

wanking it in a bathtub while wearing a necklace of human bones

shoving cheese broken glass and live rats into devasted gaping cunts

stabbing children in the park, pretending to be a doctor and letting them bleed out in front of a crowd of people

read the book, its pretty obvious

It begins!

Checked.

nice, very impressive

His title was executive VP for Mergers and Acquisitions, but basically every other male character had the exact same title.

In the book, it's far more explicit about the fact that his dad got him hired and he does nothing.
It's not even that he does nothing, he has no responsibilities. He simply shows up for work and gets paid.

Part of the reason he's jealous of Paul Owen and his handling of the Fisher account is because he's half-aware that other people in his role actually do things and are respected for the things they do at work. He wants that respect, but, as in most other things in his life, he's trapped in a comfortable situation where he's also completely marginalized.

checking repeating digits in accounting lists

Working out, fucking, dinners at Doria and killing

Huey's too........black sounding for me.

Hey Halberstram

Trips!

>dinners at Doria

He never actually is able to get a table at Dorsia.

In the circles he runs in, he's actually a loser.

Jesus, how'd a nitwit like you get so tasteful?

Yes, Allen?

in the book, there was at least some mention of him doing some paperwork

in the movie, they smartly made sure that he never does any work.

Murders and executions

Heh, that's just a little play on words.

>He never actually is able to get a table at Dorsia.
In the book, even his younger brother Sean is able to get a res at Dorsia.

waiter at Dorsia

Murders and executions

New card. What do you think?

Why are there copies of the style section all over the place? Do you have a dog? A chow or something?

Do you like mergers and acquisitions?

No, Allen.

No, Allen

Is that a raincoat?

Yes it is! In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Hey Paul!

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW, YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD! YOU, FUCKING BASTARD!

Hmm interesting. Shouldve been made a bit more clear in the movie.

He was in Muerders and executions.

fpbp

You mean like these?

Is that a gram?

You'd think the printshop would have spellchecked the thing for the kid who had it made.

Also, not even close to Silian Rail.

nice digits but you spelled "aquisitions" wrong

i am lorde ya ya ya

checking these dubs

vice president of mergers and acquisitions

nice bait, check these

is this the perfect body?

It's very cool, Bateman, but ...

looks kinda like anthony fantano

now you can anthony fanchecko my dubs