GotG Ego Funko shit revealed

Is he...not a planet then?

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/news/1550080/what-to-expect-from-star-lord-and-ego-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2
empireonline.com/movies/news/james-gunn-kurt-russell-ego-guardians-galaxy-vol-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not yet I guess.

He's a planet who has an avatar in a human form.

Apparently it's his human form.

But I'll be beyond disappointed if we don't get a face on the planet.

He is. He just also has a human form he can deploy when he wants to fuck Earth women.

>he wants to fuck Earth women.
>Implying he doesnt cruise around the universe for that planetary puss

He has a good penis

Gunn has been saying Ego won't be a planet since they announced the character

Which is pretty obviously a big fat lie.

>This guy shows up, and slaps your planet Mariana Trench.
>What do you do?

Is this Joseph Joestar?

I TALK TO PLANETS BABY

Wouldnt be hard to mod into it, just needs the hat and some purple thread.

Why would a planet want to fuck a small useless woman when he can fuck Earth herself.

Then what's the point of making his dad Ego?

That's like making a C'thulu film except he's a man who wears red and doesn't turn into a monster.

>Gunn has been saying Ego won't be a planet since they announced the character
Source? I find that very hard to believe. There is literally no point in using Ego if you don't have him be a planet. All I heard was that Ego had human avatars or "spores".

Kyle?

It was obvious that Ego will at least have a human form ever since they've shown his costume a while ago.
cinemablend.com/news/1550080/what-to-expect-from-star-lord-and-ego-in-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2

No, he's the captain.

He is a planet, there was a whole thing in the description of the Comic-Con footage about him creating this human form to seek out companionship, and Drax asking if he made the form with a penis or not.

Sooooo, does he have a penis?

I'm pretty sure the Ancient One and the masters of the mystic arts wouldn't let him.

If there's a scene with Super-Ego it'll be worth it desu.

Oh hai J'son of Spartax with a different name for no discernible reason.

Should have been Pacino the Living Planet.
>HOO-HA! SPACE!

>Ego – "an ancient cosmic being who has been on the edges of the universe for aeons by himself," says Gunn – won’t be appearing in his planetary guise. He’s a regular-looking joe, reformed from humanoid components – including Ego-nads. "I have a penis," he declares in a scene shown at Comic-Con. "It’s not bad either."

empireonline.com/movies/news/james-gunn-kurt-russell-ego-guardians-galaxy-vol-2/

This is what happens when liberties with the source go unchecked.

And with this Ego will forever just be a guy who talks about his dick.

This is definitely where I wanted comics to go.

>for no discernible reason.
I think it was mostly because Gunn didn't want to do the whole son of royalty thing as it would turn Peter from a normal person from an heir of the empire or something like that. Although Peter saying he's half Terran and Yondu saying his dad was a jackass certainly pointed towards J'son that time.

>won’t be appearing in his planetary guise
What the fuck is the point then? You might as well have used any non-planet cosmic entity. James Gunn said that when he found out that Marvel didn't actually own the rights to Ego for some reason, he was distraught because he didn't know who else to use. He could have used anybody, like The Gardener or something.

Ego is an ancient disembodied cosmic force. He has a human form but he can also "possess" the planet and control the soil, the vegatation and the elements.

So he's going to be Jungle Jim?

Because Jason sucks and makes for a generic Star Wars story. The original story he was in was good but only because of Peter's character, the character of Jason itself contributed little.

Using Ego instead is a much more inspired choice.

I'm slowly starting to think that maybe the dismissal of the Marvel Creative Committee wasn't the best idea. Are we going to be getting even more "my idea is better than the comic" type scenarios?

>Using Ego instead is a much more inspired choice.

Not when you basically make him J'Sonn with the name Ego.

>he can also "possess" the planet and control the soil, the vegatation and the elements.
Why do you think I mentioned The Gardener?

But do the planets have his face on them? That is very important.

Who's supposed to be the villain, anyway? It apparently isn't Thanos.

You're already projecting.

That's impossible because Jason doesn't have a character beyond "emperor of Spartax, sometimes a jerk" and I don't think they're going that route with the movie.

>implying Ego isn't a lonely jerk
>implying Ego hasn't taken human form before

There's nothing about this that's overtly Jaosn aside from him being Quill's dad.

Yes. I said what I'm thinking. That's how thoughts work, user.

> character confirmed to be a planet

> he won't be a planet because of this interview

guys pls

HARMITO PURPUREO

Gunn didn't say "He was based on/ Inspired by Ego." He has literally said "Star-Lord's dad is Ego the Living Planet"

He's lied about shit like this before.
Until I see it for myself I'll assume it's a swerve.
It BETTER be a fucking swerve James so help me GAWD.

>That's like making a C'thulu film except he's a man who wears red and doesn't turn into a monster.

That's almost certainly happened, oh wait, True Detective, and it was the King in Yellow (in name only.)

Comics died in the 90s user, the good stuff's still there.
If anything Ego fans should be glad; this'll likely lead to reprints of said good stuff.

user what familiarity do you have with Lovecraft exactly?
Because that's exactly the kind of shit he would do.

Ayesha, Taserface, and Ego are all some degrees of antagonistic.

Ayesha hires the Guardians for a job but apparently betrays them.

Ego is presumably tied to Ayesha, but they're not on good terms. Also reported to be something of an antagonist.

Taserface led a mutiny among the Ravagers after the events of the first movie and is out to kill Yondu who is on the lam with the Guardians.

>he's space Zeus

>There's nothing about this that's overtly Jaosn aside from him being Quill's dad.
And his entire appearance in this movie.

So he's basically Zeus.

I mean, we've been getting "my idea is better than the comics" stuff for a long ass while now. Since at least Singer's X-Men movies and probably even before that.

They him to use protection because she is full of parasites

Oh of course, how I could I forget that Jason of Sparta is the only character to ever wear a cape and a beard.

You really got me this time user.

Meant for

That's why I'm saying will we be getting EVEN MORE. These movies already do that, but will we start heading off into "In name only" territory?

That too already happened long ago.

You guys have got to stop looking at these movies as adaptations of 616 stories and start looking at them as alternate universes in their own right.

Maybe he makes magics up a human version of himself to communicate with people while they're on him?

I mean it would be hard to talk to an entire planet that you're on the surface of. I personally wouldn't know where to look when conversing.

Who cares about Ego or funko shit?

I'm getting a darkhawk figure.

Ego is the main villain, Taserface is a secondary antagonist.

Ayesha, however, is apparently a bit of a bitch, but ultimately not a bad person.

>Other characters dress like that too!

But other characters don't dress like that while also being Star-Lord's dad. Chill, my man.

That's preeetty much what Guardian of the Galaxy already is, hence the heavy backlash when elements from the movie started getting worked into the comics.

>Ego is the main villain,

That's great. So the second act is them trying to escape Ego with all the antagonists after them?

That's fine and dandy, but the problem with that is that the success of the movies means the movie version of the characters end up supplanting the main universe ones.

>Ego is the main villain
Woah, didn't know Robert Downey Jr. had another Marvel movie on his contract.

I'm not riled up, my man. Beard and cape ain't enough to make him look like Jason. He's not wearing red, he's got no royal bling. Hell, he looks like a space hobo.

Wake me up when Quill gets his helmet

>Hiding Chris Pratt's beautiful hair
Is like you don't even want a billion dollars of box office.

That's what every superhero movie ever has been. I don't know why people act like it's exclusive to GOTG. When did the Joker kill the Waynes? When was Blade American? When was Sabertooth Wolverine's mother? When was Whiplash Crimson Dynamo? When was Aldrich Killian the Mandarin, and Maya Hansen his stooge?

It usually doesn't though. Worst case scenario synergy means the established history gets ignored while the superficial aspects evoke the movies in the vain hope that they'll attract more casual readers. But I've been at this long enough to know that it never really sticks in a meaningful fashion.

Sup Forums will be in denial over Ego not being a planet until release day, it seems.

>When was Sabertooth Wolverine's mother?

Fucking timelines, man.

This is someone's fetish.

wat

My best guess is because Guardians and cosmic Marvel felt particularly niche with a devoted fanbase, and then got thrust into the spotlight and hit hard with the synergy hammer, which doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. So it's a more glaring example, I guess.

There's certainly an element of that, note Drax stabbing one of Ego's spores in the trailer.

Whoops, that was supposed to read brother... then again, maybe it's just another timeline bleeding through.

Even with the GOTG though it's mostly cosmetic stuff and a few shit writers who insist on harping on the "hurr durr we thieves and outlaws" thing. It's fucking annoying, don't get me wrong, but it's not the giant problem a lot of people make it out to be.

The real issue is the shit writers who fail at using established stuff like Spartax and the Badoon to deliver enjoyable stories.

He can assume human form. This is something he can do in the comics. You do read comics right?

Read the thread, senpai.

Literally thought the same

>have you tried...*not* being a planet?

So does this mean MCU starlord is gonna get the ability to make 'spores' of himself too?

Doubtful, people like his "earthman in space" shtick too much. I imagine the extent of his "powers" will be holding onto a single Infinity stone long enough to not blow himself up.

I swear to god MA Avengers was the best comic marvel has ever written.

they said at like comic con, Kurt is Ego's human form. You think mizzus Star Lord fucked a planet